Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Shushitra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi ShushitraYour feedback matters!
Mera uterus ka operation ek mahiney pahley hua h face per pimple ho jata h aisa kyu? Aur ek baat sugar patient ko kaun sa soup de saktey h reply please.
I had my period on Jan 28th which lasted upto Feb 3rd. And I had sex that day .but im not sure that semen had entered r not .but I felt moist in that area. Is there anything possible of pregnancy. I didn't used any protection. Today is already Feb 25 th I still got my stomach pain .I'm worried. I dn't want to pregnant. Help me .I'm I going to pregnant. If yes how can abort it of myself. Help me tq.
In order to, safeguard oneself from the STDs one should always ensure to use protection during intercourse and one such form of protection is female condoms. Female condoms are pouches that are made of latex and polyurethane. These are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and to reduce the chances of infection through sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. One end is inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated. This end is held in position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
A question of comfort
Even though it can be safely used by all women, some have complained that they find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception as they don’t feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. If you feel you cannot use this condom correctly other options of contraception should be considered.
Advantages of a female condom
1. Condoms can prove to be a reliable pregnancy averting method if they are properly and consistently used.
2. Since the exchange of bodily fluids like semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like HIV, herpes and others.
3. Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex and any form of advance preparation is not required. This makes their usage suitable for unplanned sex.
5. The condoms are usually small in size, easily disposable as well as easy to carry.
6. Using condoms does not have any medical side effects although it is advisable to check the materials used in it to avoid any allergic reactions.
7. Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex.
Some common problems
Although using female condoms has its advantages, it is common that some women may find that putting on a condom leads to interruption in sex. In order to avoid this, foreplay that includes a part where the condom is worn or inserted early can easily help. Other disadvantages include –
1. Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
2. Availability of female condoms is much lesser in comparison to the male counterparts
3. Female condoms are usually more expensive than male condoms (approximately 5 times more than male condoms).
However, female condoms can give back control to the woman in case the male partner doesn’t have protection or doesn’t want protection. It is something that enables the woman to be in control and safe from diseases or unwanted pregnancies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.