Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I had sex with my fiancee during 10th day of her cycle. She took Unwanted 72 in 12 hrs. In next 6 days she bleed like normal menses that last for 3 days (withdrawal bleeding may be), but not sure if it is her period as it was her 16th day from last period. My question is 1. When she can assume her next period. I mean 30 days from of last period OR 2. 30 days from withdrawal bleeding. Please suggest. As today is 30th day from last period, she has symptoms of period from last 3 days but no period till now.
I am 32 years old. My baby 7 years old. Before 2 month I decided abortion. After abortion my period continue but don't stop. Suddenly I am change the doctor and start the new medicine. Now I am very depressed. Kindly send your suggestion.
I am 29 years old, I have irregular periods, last month my period date 28 apr, but now am very confused bcoz may 22nd I saw milky white discharged after 26 the vaginal discharges dark brown spotting and stopped, 27 and 28 slightly discharged 4 to 5 drops normally, I felt very tired, head ache, nausea, back pain, I took home pregnancy test today afternoon its shows negative, wat can I do now.
Last periods 14 nov ko aaye the and 29 nov ko we hv foreplay not sex and abi tk periods ni aaye h 45 days ho gye h and pregnant b ni h mere wife What does this mean plzz tell.
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"
I am 31 years old lady. Facing pcod issue. I have started getting periods twice a month. Also it does not stop unless I take medcn. My menses cycle has been disturbed a lot. I m planning to conceive. Bt unable to do so. Kindly guide me.
I am a 27 years girl from last 3 months I am facing a lot of pain in my stomach during the time of periodical times. I have taken pain killers but not getting any help. What should I do?
I am 8 month pregnant and my 9 month is going to start. Please suggest should I have little bit desi ghee daily in my diet. Does by having desi ghee it cause Bp problem and breathing issue. Moreover can I have dry fruits in my diet now. Pls suggest what should we eat to have normal delivery?
Have you switched to diet drinks from regular ones considering your weight or calorie intake? it probably is not the right choice. The reason is drinking diet beverages harms your body and will only result in more weight gain.
Although diet beverages are calorie free, they are added with artificial sweetener called aspartame which is reportedly 200 times sweeter than table sugar. This chemical adversely affects many body functions.
Effects of diet beverages on body in this list might suggest why you should continue your regular beverages occasionally, instead of shifting to diet drinks.
1. Increases belly fat
According to studies, the people who drank diet beverages showed increased waist size than the ones who drank the regular sugar drinks. The reason is believed to be the artificial sweetener and changed attitude towards food habits as the diet beverages easily justify high calorie food like burger, fries etc in turn. This is a concern as increased visceral fat, a body fat stored within abdominal cavity, is associated with increased risk of heart diseases and type 2 diabetes, the most common diabetes related to problems with insulin regulating the blood sugar.
2. Damage to brain
Aspartame is also known to damage brain by affecting the nerve cells and nerve endings in the cerebellum which are important for motor skills.
3. Low bone density
Drinking diet drinks lead to low bone mineral density and osteoporosis especially in females. Pelvic bone is most commonly affected in women by regular consumption of diet beverages.
4. Harmful for teeth
The diet beverages also contain large volume of citric acid which causes tooth erosion destroying tooth enamel in the regular users. The risk is comparatively less in the regular sugar drinks users.
5. Side effects
As aspartame may also interfere with different activities of brain, there are many side effects of diet drinks like headache, change in vision, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, memory loss, depression etc.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Me and my husband had intercourse just few days later after my periods now I get abdominal pain on my left but I have not done a pregnancy test and just few more days left for my next periods.
We had sex in yesterday. But she was crying due to pain during vaginal intercourse. She has no problems with oral sex. Why is she having pain doctor?
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
I am 26 years old and had unprotected sex 10 days ago. I didn't cum inside her during sex. She didn't get her periods till now even her periods date passed. She had divery tablets for past two days but still she didn't get her periods. She tested positive in pregnancy test named I shor. Which medicine should we prefer so that she gets her periods?
My wife is carrying. And currently 8th month started. She is not getting sleep in the night from last two days. I just want to know the precautions to get good sleep.
Metabolism is the process through which cells inside your body participate in the disintegration of food nutrients into energy. This proves to be the driving fuel behind all essential functions of the body such as digestion, circulation, breathing, heart beat etc.
Check these 7 super facts about your metabolism.
1) body size decides metabolic need - the amount of nutrients required by your body in order to efficiently perform all its functions is determined by the size of the body. In addition, composition of the body also plays an important role, which refers to the number of fat tissues vs. Muscle tissues. Thus, a larger person is bound to possess a higher basal metabolic rate (bmr).
2) exercise aids in a higher metabolic rate - regular exercise goes a long way in boosting your bmr. Weight training increases muscle mass, thus making your body capable of burning calories at a faster pace.
3) crash diets often backfire - instead of causing rapid weight loss, crash dieting has been seen to have an adverse effect on the metabolic rate. This is due to the fact that it deprives you of certain essential nutrients and also fails to fulfill the daily minimum calorie requirement of the body.
4) aging slows metabolism - according to research, the metabolic rate begins its decline in your mid 20s and decreases approximately by two percent in a span of every 10 years. Increasing age leads to loss of muscle tissue and also results in reduced physical exercise; both contributing to a sluggish bmr.
5) men possess higher metabolic - it is a proven fact that men have a comparatively higher bmr than women. The efficiency of the body to burn energy is determined by the lean muscle mass, thus causing men to burn calories a lot faster than women.
6) your metabolism is linked to the thyroid gland - the thyroid gland, present at the frontal portion of the neck, acts as the control panel for a number of processes such as regulation of hormones, protein production etc. It completely controls metabolism as the rate of conversion of food into energy is under the supervision of the gland.
7) frequent meals aid higher metabolism - according to dieticians, taking small meals every 2-3 hours helps burn calories at a faster rate.