Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi SharmaYour feedback matters!
We had sex without condom after nxt day of my wife's periods. My wife took unwanted 72 within 6 hr of intercourse. Now after 5 days she is bleeding. We are not ready to conceive. Please help us weather it is normal or not?
Hello, I am 35 years old woman. I require guidance for my monthly period. Since last month my blood flow during my monthly period is reduced a lot. My last period came on 14th june 2015 with less bleeding and again I got period on 3rd july 2015 with less bleeding. Please advise what should I do as my weight is also 48 kg and height is 5.3. Please advise, waiting for a good medical advise.
Can I take Ursocol 300 as I am 7 weeks pregnant? Currently I am taking 5 mg folic acid twice a day what other supplements do I need to take?
Actually sir, my girlfriend monthly periods are not be continues, I means periods are comes irregular intervals in every month some time 35 day / 45 day n some time 25 day. What I do ?
Hello. I'm 20 years old. I have the problem of irregular periods. But when I get my periods, the flow used to be normal. But from last 2-3 times the flow is very less. I'm very worried of it. My tummy has become huge. I got my periods today and can you please tell me what to do for this. It looks very ugly to carry such a huge tummy. Please suggest me some food to increase the flow. Thanks.
Hello Doctor. I recently got herpes on my stomach. So doctor advised me to take some tablets like aciclovir ,zovirax .etc. And even he gave injection . In 7 days bubbles on my stomach got dis appeared and I'm alright Now. What may be the cause for me to get herpes ? I want to know how herpes is caused . And recently I tried to have sex with my cousin .but I did not penetrate my penis in her vagina .only I touched her outer part of vagina from my penis. And I kissed her a lot. And I performed oral sex on her . I inserted my penis in her mouth .and cummed in her mouth .is that the reason for me to get herpes ? Or is there any other reason .please help doctor .
Hi I just want to know I am married past 3 n half years and we are trying for a baby past 2 years but my wife is not conceiving our report are normal only my wife has thyroid issue its 6.1 she is taking tablet for that when we can try for baby?
I had sex using condom 10 days ago and I started facing heavy constipation and bloating. And yesterday was my date of periods but I didn't hav my periods yet. I didn't get my periods today also. Y is it so? Does it mean I'm pregnant.
I had complete cycle of brown periods last month even this month I have experiencing first day of brown colour period. Pls suggest.
What is Aortic aneurysm?
The heart is the most important muscle in your body, and its primary job is to pump the blood across. The aorta is the largest blood vessel of the human body and is used by the heart to push the blood along. The Aorta is also one of the strongest vessels, but in some cases, due to the wear and tear condition the walls can weaken and bulge in what is called an aortic aneurysm. This can cause a rupture of the vessels as a result of which, blood gets leaked into the body.
Types of Aortic aneurysm:
There are two known types of aortic aneurysms. One of which is located in the chest and is known as the thoracic aortic aneurysm, and the one which forms in the abdomen is called an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm
There are many causes of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm. Genes play a significant role in increasing the chances. The other factors can include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections and blockages in the arteries. Sometimes a traumatic injury due to an accident can also lead to the condition. The biggest disadvantage of the disease is that the symptoms do not occur in the early stages and only in their chronic stages they appear. Some of the symptoms include chest or back pain, difficulty in breathing, shortness of a breath and persistent cough. Diagnosis can be made by an X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound. Medications can help to an extent in relieving the pain and symptoms but however, in some extreme cases surgery is required. During the surgery, a synthetic tube replaces the damaged artery- as a result of which the blood gets channelled without any hindrances.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
In the case of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the aorta that passes through your abdomen gets damaged. As in the event of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, there are no visible symptoms initially. Symptoms if they appear can include a deep back pain and persistent pain the side of the abdomen. Dizziness and weightlessness can also be other factors. Once again as in the case of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be the risk factors. The problem also gets aggravated when the person is a frequent smoker and drinker. The diagnosis can happen through an X-ray, CT scan or an ultrasound. Once diagnosed, medications can heal the symptoms to an extent. Routine checkups are usually done to check the condition. In the cases where the bulge is bigger, surgeries are done to relieve the damaged part.
As with many cases, a good lifestyle change and healthy habits can keep many of the conditions in check. The same goes for an aortic aneurysm too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi dr, I am 5mth (20 week )pregnant. I want to know abt wht is normal weight of baby in this mth. My baby weight is 3. 38gm. And tell me wht is normal weight in last mth means after delivery. And wht is EFW in ultrasound means. And is it related to baby weight. Pls answer me all my queries. I wl be greatfull to u.Thanks.
My wife has leukoria problem since two years I have consulted various doctors but still not full recovery which medicine will prove as beneficial for her treatment successfully.
What will be the actual anti body sperm for pregnancy? how to reduce the anti reduce anti body sperm
10 benefits of unripe green papaya
Green papaya comes fully loaded with health benefits for the presence of vital nutrients like vitamin c, b and e along with potassium, fiber, magnesium and minimal calories in it. Read ahead 10 amazing benefits of unripe green papaya for better health and vitality -
1. Aids digestion: green papaya contains a digestive enzyme namely papain that supplements for lack of gastric juice. It renders benefits in cases of intestinal irritation and excessive mucus in stomach.
2. Soothes inflammation: green papaya has anti-inflammatory properties for benefitting patients of asthma, osteoarthritis, gout and rheumatoid arthritis. It also has vitamin a that decreases lungs' inflammation in smokers. Fresh green papaya juice can also treat inflamed tonsils.
3. Eliminates toxins: the laxative fibers of green papaya get entangled with cancerous toxins and eliminate them via bowel movements. It also renders relief from constipation, piles and diarrhea.
4. Subsides skin infection: intake as well as topical application of green papaya can show impressive improvement in psoriasis, acne, skin pigmentation, freckles or inflamed skin.
5. Arrests bad cholesterol: unripe green papaya is full of antioxidants that prevent stroke or heart attack.
6. Eases menstrual pain: consumption of unripe papaya contracts womb's muscles for easy and regulated menstrual flow. It also prevents menstruation cessation.
7. Controls bowel movements: green papaya is anti-parasitic and anti-amoebic in character thus is able to regulate bowel movement that consequently eases constipation, indigestion, acid reflux, ulcers, heartburn and gastric problems.
8. Prevents heart ailment: green papaya maintains regulated blood flow and keeps check on the sodium content present in the body. This reduces the chances of heart ailments.
9. Dissolves extra weight: green papaya is full of vitamin a, c and e for trimming down extra pounds.
10. Develops mammary glands: the enzymes present in green papaya develop mammary glands and increases the production of breast enhancing hormones. Its content of vitamin a stimulates the secretion of ovarian estrogen and female hormones.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
I am 20, female. I and my boyfriend had protected sex 2 weeks ago, and we both had sex for the first time in our lives and now my hymen did broke and he is still virgin also he fingered me and I did bleed after sex when I urinated. After 2 weeks I am having my periods and my date is still not due it's 2 weeks early and I feel pain in my urethral opening when I pee or when I just spread my legs. Also his semen didn't just ejaculated because we were not able to do it properly as it was our first time. I want to know what is the matter am I pregnant? Please help.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta