Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
My wife's DLMP was 15/2/16. After that we had unprotected sex in next 3-4 days. Her periods have not started till date. Pregnancy test through Preganews kit was done 3 times after 22/3/16 on different days but it was negative. She is breastfeeding baby six months old. Her periods started after 4 months of delivery. Please suggest what to do. We don't want a baby now.
Zika Investigators now believe that the birth defect microcephaly and the Paralysing Guillain-Barre Syndrome may be just the most obvious maladies caused by the borne virus
Fuelling that suspicion are recent discoveries of serious brain and Spinal cord infections including encephalitis meningitis and myelitis exposed to Zika
Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for your such a useful advise. But I just want to tell you that I have given birth a baby on last year. After that I am still suffering due to 3 times surgery I have faced after delivery. My pasting got detached. Due to non sterile cotton used at the time of delivery. After that it has been take so many time to cure myself. Now I have done my whole abdomen USG as per doctor prescription. There is found I have fatty liver. Now a days I am taking some medicines. Like Atorva, Rabemac, Alkasol, Flagyl etc. Also I have have allergy in my whole body. That is why everyday I am taking Allegra 120 for control it. I found there is no permanent solution. Doctor please help me out for living a healthy life. Please help.
I am of age 45 lady .i used to have regular periods but now I am having for 12 days and its still continuing. So please advise the reason behind it and suggest me treatment. I have 4 children and all are married.
I had a baby through c sec. Around 4 months back. Suddenly now I'm having acute lower back ache. What can I do? As I am not able to hold the baby and walk also.
It has been 40 Days since my last periods. I worried if I am pregnant! As we dont plan a baby yet? Kindly help.
Styloid process enlargement causing pain is a rare problem called Eagle's syndrome or stylalgia.
Symptoms include foreign body sensation in throat,pain during swallowing or neck movement .
On palpation of the tosillar fossa of the affected side there is pain.
Generally stylalgia occurs due to compression of the sympathetic nerve bundle around the carotid vessels by the enlarged Styloid process or calcified Stylohyoid ligament.
You will need to get an orthopantomography done?That's an xray of your mandible,maxillary, teeth which also shows the Styloid process.We measure the length of Styloid process and if it's causing pain it's generally equal to or more than 20mm.
Confirmation of diagnosis may be done by intra oral lignocaine injection before going for surgery which is the most recommended treatment in case of confirmed Stylalgia. A CT scan is a good tool preoperatively for a good estimate of size ,angulation and relation of the Styloid process with other structures.Depending on position a tonsillectomy may be needed to approach the Styloid process intra operatively.
However if not willing for surgery immediately under a doctor's supervision a trial of Carbamazepine may be started.But since this drug has some side effects including bone marrow depression and skin rashes a routine blood test(Haemoglobin ,CBC) before starting the drug has to be done.This drug should strictly be taken under a doctor’s prescription after the blood tests.
1 am 21 year girl and I missed my periods this month which should have started on 23rd of june. I took the pregnancy test it showed positive result. I want to abort because I am neither mentally nor physically prepared. Suggest me some medicines which would help me abort in house only.
Are you observing bumps and lesions in and around your vagina? These are female genital sores, which may be painful, itchy, produce a discharge, and are very tender. These lumps and sores may occur due to skin disorders. Female genital sores mostly appear as a symptom of STIs or sexually transmitted infections. STIs are considered to be a hidden epidemic, which many women leave untreated because of embarrassment or fear.
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is conducted for determining the cause of genital sores and lumps in females. A pelvic exam test will be undertaken and you will have to provide reports of your medical history. Certain tests such as blood work and a culture of the sore may be required as well. A culture involves taking a swab sample from the affected sore and testing it for detecting bacteria. After the cause of your genital sores is determined, an ideal treatment method is prescribed.
On observing the symptoms of genital sores, you can apply some self-care measures to treat them before you get to visit a doctor. You can try a sitz bath, which is effective for pain and discomfort relief. A sitz bath can be prepared at home by filling your bathtub with warm water, going up to your hips when you get immersed. You should add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the bathtub water. A small basin for a sitz bath can be purchased from a drug store.
- The method or treatment for genital sores and lumps depends on the cause.
- Certain topical oral medicines are used for treatment of the sores and for relieving pain.
- Other medications such as antibiotics, corticosteroids, pain relievers, antiviral medicines and several anti-itch drugs are also used.
- Some types of genital sores do not need treatment, but you should get them removed if they bother you. A noncancerous cyst is an example of such type of a sore.
- The long term outlook for genital sores in females depends on the cause, once again. Sores and lumps caused because of chronic skin conditions and genital herpes are likely to recur. The long term outlook also depends on how fast you get an existing STI treated.
For the prevention of female genital sores, you should practice protected sex by using condoms. This prevents the infection from spreading to the people you have sex with. It is also important for you to open up about your condition and seek proper treatment, if you experience symptoms.
My girl friend had her cycle ended on 16 this april. She had internal wound (on her vagina) on date 18 which made her profusely bleeding and was almost died. Her vagina is just two inches deep. When I inserted into her vagina there was totally blockage. I could not insert my thing further. When we tried to insert further there was breakage. Out of which the blood ghush out as if we were breaking a water filled ballon. What could be the reason? Dr. Said she is having structure abnormality (i guess tat is in her vagina) and the doctor said it was not because of the abnormal part which was broken tat day. The bleeding started when tat abnormal part was broken. I'm confused. Will that abnormality hinders in conceiving a child? please help me!
Dear Sir/Madam, I had my periods on 03 August n now again my period started today (24 August). Within 20 days my periods are happening. previous month also same thing happened. Is it normal. Should I worried about it.
I'm 20 had unprotected anal sex with my bf. I am virgin stl. Never had vaginal sex bfr this was my first tym. And I had right after the day my periods ended. I had 25 cycle period this tym 3 days bfr normal. Is there any chance of getting pregnant! Is there any chnc of sperm going in to vagina? Pls help me. Shud I take any pill. This happened yesterday. Though I immediately washed out the sperm. Stl any chnc of sperm gtng in thru vagina .m virgin and it was d day after my last day of periods .pls help. If any pill need wch pill I shud take to avoid any side effect.(
During periods I have not much of bleeding on 1st day. From sevmcond day onwards flow rate become normal. Why there is not much flow in Ist day.
We have been trying for 4 months. I have not conceived yet. This time we had sex on the day I ovulated and from then we have not done it, to check whether this time I conceive or not. I have not observe any early pregnancy symptoms. I am little worried. What to do?
I am 19. I had unprotected sex on the 12th of April. I took an ipill the next day. On the 21st of April I got periods. But it hardly lasted two days and wasn't enough bleeding. Now it's 21st of May and I still haven't got my period. I'm having stomach aches and gas. Please help.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.