Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am a pregnant of 4 months, this month 28th I am getting 5th month. This is second issue to me. In first pregnant I had thyroid at 4th month. I am using 25 mg thyroxine tablet. Recent thyroid report shows 12 points. How can I control this and is it any harmful to my baby? Which things I would follow to control thyroid level. I am an employee, is work tension leads rise in thyroid levels? Please show me the way get rid off thyroid problem?
While planning for baby, can I eat that dish in which papaya is mixed for marinate and also before 9days of expected period while planning for baby. please help.
I'm putting my weight and feeling very weak in my daily routine work please suggest me which types of diet should I follow or how to boost my strength.
Hi Me and my wife made sex for a few seconds without taking any protection on 14th jan2017 before her period date which was on 24th jan2017. She used pregnancy kit on 16th jan2017 and fully negative sign came on that kit. She also tested again using another 3 kits on 26th jan, 31st jan and 3rd feb'2017 consecutively and every time negative sign came on every kit also. Now already 11 days is over from her normal period date and still her period has not started. What does it indicate? We both do not want any baby at this moment of our life. Is there any probability to be pregnant and if yes then what to do? If there is no probability of pregnancy then also tell me what should I do now for my wife. Please suggest us.
Infertility is defined when a couple is unable to conceive after six months to one year of trying despite having unprotected sexual intercourse frequently. There are various factors that contribute infertility. The latest research states, of every 100 couples reporting to fertility clinics, 40% are cases of male infertility, 50% are of women, and the remaining 10% of both partners being infertile. According to doctors, stress and infertility are co-related terms. Here are some of the points that will give you an idea how to find out the problems related with infertility.
Many couples become stressful after diagnosed with infertility. Women are more stressed than men. women of 32, working with an MNC, had experienced miscarriage due to stress. She could not get pregnant even after going through IVF treatment. Couples who are trying to get pregnant have additional stress.
Several studies indicate people who work in night shifts are affected more with infertility as compared to men working in day shifts. Their biological clock is poorly disturbed. These people usually sleep during the day. They damage their health further with smoking, caffeine and other drinks which they take during working hours in order to keep themselves awake. Stress at work, sitting for long hours, also contribute reduction in low sperm count.
Factors contributing to stress which causes infertility may also include marital disturbance, job or business stress, financial losses, personal injury or illness, death of a close family member and late marriage.
I am taking birth control and I spotted the 2nd day of inactive pill which is the sugar pill and I am suppose to get my period the 8th is that normal?
Hi, I'm going for a short trip for around 5 days and i'm carrying nor metrogyl with me if I had a bad digestion over there i'm in my first month of pregnancy should I intake it? If not then which medicine will be suitable if I had a bad digestion over there. Thanks.
I am 32 weeks pregnant. Ultrasound report says there is a mild increased resistance flow in the umbilical artery RI 0.69 ND PI 1.1. Baby's growth is also 1 week delayed. Is there something to worry or if I can do something.
I am 22 years old female and I have a polysystic every disease for last 4 years, I had consult so many doctors but could not get any proper solution, what should I do?
I'm 29 years old, doctor prescribed me tb duoluton l for irregular periods, initially I was having spotting after wen periods came I was having bleeding for ten days have to take tranexa. Now I am on duoluton l still I am having spotting. Is it bcoz of tablet? USG, TSH pap smear r done. Nothing in reports. please suggest me something.
My wife is 25 years old and now is pregnant from two and half months. I consult with Dr. Gyane. In opd and she take a Ultrasound shows foetus is of 8-9 weeks. She started two med- Tab. Folic and naturogest. But my wife is feeling weakness, vomiting and Giddings all the time and also feeling some pain in abdomen on liver side for which taking Liv 52 syrup. I want to know that is it a serious matter or normal in pregnancy? What should we do further?
My frnd had sex with person who have herpes disease. So will that affect on her? They did sex with and without condemned Herpes is transmitted disease or what?
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.
My mother was undergone radical hysterectomy surgery on last month. Doctor has advised for radiotherapy treatment. But she is preferring homeopathy medicines. Please help me with this case as soon as possible.
I have my due menses date on 20th of this month I have got t travel on the same day I want some tablet to be suggested so I get my periods today itself.
Detoxification is a physiological and medical process of blood cleansing by removing impurities from the blood. It is a means of cleaning and nourishing the body from inside and it is done at least once a year. It includes one or more of the following: dieting, fasting, colon cleansing, removal of dental fillings or cutting out specific foods from your diet.
Benefits of detoxifying your body:
- Gets rid of excess waste
- Boosts your energy
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your respiration process
- Reduces weight
- Provides anti-aging benefits
Majority of the detoxification of your body is carried out by these 4 systems; Digestive, Respiratory, Urinary and Dermal. Any disturbance in these 4 systems results in accumulation of toxins in your body and may cause serious medical illnesses.
Homeopathy approach helps in maintaining the proper functioning and balance of the 4 systems. It is a gentle, natural and one of the safest ways of removing toxins. Homeopathic remedies for treating detoxification are as follows:
- Berberis Vulgaris: It acts as a stimulator of liver, gall bladder and kidneys. It is best suited for people who face rapid change of symptoms, pain all over the body, repeated diarrhea and stone in the kidney.
- Chelidonium tincture: It is a reliable liver and gall bladder drainer. It supports liver in removing toxin from your body due to heavy usage of drugs and antibiotics.
- Senega: It is an effective detoxification remedy for people exposed to respiratory issues with allergies.
- Nux Vomica: It acts as an intestine and liver stimulator. It is mostly used for symptoms linked with a sedentary lifestyle and excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and tobacco.
- Taraxacum Officinale: It is used by people with stomach and digestion issues.
- Fumaria Officinalis: It detoxifies your body by purifying the blood, leading to enhanced functioning of the liver.
- Uva Ursi: It is an effective urinary antiseptic that supports the functioning of kidneys and reproductive system.
- Saponaria: It is used for skin draining purpose.
- Aloe: It is used for detoxification of the rectum.Apart from the homeopathy remedies, other self care measures such as drinking lots of water, healthy eating, exercising regularly, minimizing stress and avoiding alcohol and drugs can help in detoxifying.