Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RashmiYour feedback matters!
I have stomach pain and I had vomited for several times. What should I do now? how can I understand if I got breast cancer or not? I want solution.
Hello! I am a 22 year female. I am facing menstrual irregularities ever since i attained menarche. Moreover, I also have a problem of PCOD. I have tried getting treated for the same but in vain. Now, I haven't had my menstrual cycle since 6 months and since a month i notice a dark to light brown colored vaginal discharge on daily basis. I am already very overweight. Please help me out with the problem of mine.
I am taking thyroxine 50 for more than 6 years. My problem is post pregnancy I have irregular periods. please suggest.
- Most women realize that what they eat during pregnancy can have important effects on the health of their baby. however, very few expecting mother know exactly what to eat and what to avoid.
- Like weight lifters building new muscle tissue after their strength training sessions, pregnant women’s bodies are in building mode. But instead of building your own muscle tissue, you’re building the baby’s tissue.
At my first delivery my doctor said that I have a "CPT" (in hindi AADI HADDI) so normal delivery is not possible so, I have gone through the surgery. I want to know is that any kind of problem in delivering normal with CPT. Aur kya aisa such me kuch CPT jaisa hota hai kya. Please let me know.
I am 23 weeks pregnant. For past 3 days, I experience pain and pull on my right while peeing. Peeing has become very difficult. The pain is right above the pelvic bone. Towards the right. I had got my urine tested for infection only a week ago. The reports were normal. Is the pain and pull normal?
Am 5 month pregnant .last 2 days I travelled buy car and the roads are in worse condition. Now I have pain in my lower abdomen. I feel like baby is gone bit down. Is it normal or my baby is safe. Am really worried. I went to doc she told me for bed rest. Raised the bed and lay down for whole day. Am far away from my home. She suggested me not to travel. Can you please tell me the exact position of laying on raised bed upside down.
I am 23 year old and I have pcos problem 4-5 years facing difficult time with irregular periods. Even after taking tablets I am not getting periods I have consulted 3different doctors no one able to at least last regular it. I am feeling upset because of this I am not able Concentrate on work I have been gained 20 kg excess even after exercise I not able reduce wait please help with a best suggestions for this is I am really confused and upset.
My wife is 1 month pregnant. This is confirmed using the pregnancy test kit. Also, it is 4 days since she has missed her periods. We already have a 2 year baby and this is an unplanned pregnancy. Request you to kindly suggest and abortion pill available over the counter and it's dosage please. Thanks.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.