Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi GuptaYour feedback matters!
My wife is facing a problem of having a white colour semi liquid getting discharged with foul smell from the genital.
In pregnancy scanning report there is many measurement like :- BPD HC AC FL FHR EFW AFI GA CLR What all these indicates?
Why headache occurs during initial months of pregnancy? Is it a big concern or not? My wife is three months pregnant and having headache in the evening time. Is it a big concern?
I am a 39 year old female. I have noticed lump type formation on the sides of breast which appears and disappears automatically, please suggest medication for the same.
Most people do not have apparent symptoms for many months, or even years after becoming infected. Those who do have symptoms during the initial period will usually notice them about 4-7 days after being infected.
Primary infection symptoms
Primary infection is a term used for an outbreak of genital herpes that occurs when a person is first infected.
Primary infection symptoms, if they are experienced, are usually more severe than later recurrences.
Symptoms can last up to 20 days and may include:
Blisters and ulceration on the cervix
Pain when urinating
High temperature (fever)
Malaise (feeling unwell)
Cold sores around the mouth
Red blisters - these are generally painful; they soon burst and leave ulcers on the external genital area, thighs, buttocks, and rectum
In most cases, the ulcers will heal, and the patient will not have any lasting scars.
Problem is for my cousin sister please note in her problem as she told me "I am unmarried girl. Age 40. I have no affair or sexual relation with any male but from 4/5 months I am watching some liquide type element discharge from my both breast. Fiirstly It was yellowish but now it is white. In the gapping of 2/3 days I feel a very unbearable pain in my breasts and the place around nipple are swelling and I feel It is fillied with some liquide. No other problem in my body except this. Till now I did not take any medicine. I am in very fear and shyness for my problem. Please advise with medicine"
Is it normal to have twice periods in a month post delivery. My baby is now 4 months old and since last two months I am getting periods twice a month. Is it normal?
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
Related Tip: "First Trimester Pregnancy - What to Expect"