Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Chaudhary
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
I want to conceive but my weight is 85. I am in tension coz of my weight. In pregnancy my weight will increase, give me tips to lose body fat in pregnancy also.
Madam my age is 32 & my Ms. Is 30 her menses period was slot up 5 days so what's the problem about the last question.
Had unprotected sex. Took I pill after 11-12 hours. Bt 12 hours after taken I pill she had vomited. Should 1 more I pill be taken? Is it risky? Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
Have you undergone a thyroid removal surgery recently or planning to go for one, then you should know some important things that should be kept in mind. After undergoing the surgery, it is essential that you should allow your body some time to recover. Your health care provider will educate you regarding the activities and exercises that can help in recovering from the surgery faster. It is worthy of mention here that the recovery process is dependent on the extent and type of surgery you have undergone. It would generally take a longer time to recover from traditional surgery than minimally invasive procedure.
What to do right after the surgery?
In the days following the surgery, you are required to take care of the incision area. You may or not be allowed to take a bath depending on the dressing on the wound. You are likely to experience slight swelling around the scar. Even though this is normal, you should report to your doctor without further delay. The scar may start feeling hard three weeks after the surgery, and you may apply an unscented moisturizer to prevent dryness while healing.
When to start daily activities after the thyroid gland removal surgery?
You are free to resume most of the normal activities the day following the surgery. But you should wait for at least 10 days or until your doctor allows you to engage in physically strenuous activities. Your throat is likely to feel sore for a couple of days. You can also take an over-the-counter pain medicine like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relieving soreness. In case these drugs are not offering desired relief, your doctor may prescribe you to take narcotic pain medicine. It is a common outcome of the thyroid removal surgery to develop hypothyroidism. In case this happens to you, your doctor may recommend you to take some form of levothyroxine for bringing down the hormone levels.
Is there any physical restriction after the thyroid removal surgery?
Most surgeons recommend that patients should limit all sorts of physically strenuous works after the thyroid removal surgery. This is recommended for reducing the risk of postoperative neck hematoma and breaking open of the wound closure. These limitations are temporary and brief and are generally followed by a quick transition to unrestricted activity. You are free to take part in heavy lifting or swimming or other exercises two to three weeks after the surgery.
Is it possible to lead a normal life after the thyroid removal surgery?
Once you have recovered from the effects of thyroid surgery, you can do anything you feel like. Post-surgery your thyroid levels will be monitored through regular follow-ups. If the surgery were carried out for thyroid cancer, your doctor would also check for recurrence of cancer during your visits. It is essential to stick to this schedule and report if you notice any suspicious changes or experience discomfort so that proper care can be given and you can lead a normal life.
Child birth is a joyous and emotional time. After nine long months of pregnancy, one greets the arrival of baby with great anticipation.It is absolutely normal that the time post-delivery marks a drastic change in sexual desire. While both women and men expect changes in their sex life immediately after the birth of a child, but as time passes by, it is normal for both partners to wonder when things will ever return to normal.
It is a fairly common condition to have a decreased sex drive after giving birth and this feeling can last for months which can be attributed to many factors. Refer to the following tips to get your drive back.
- Consult your gynaecologist: One should take gynaecologist into confidence to discuss how one's libido has changed after child birth, who will in turn help to rule out any physical issues if any.
- Emotional & Physical Fatigue: Nursing a new-born is no joke and it physical drains out. In a post-delivery scenario, ones libido has to fight with overwhelming emotional as well as physical fatigue that results from nursing of a new-born. One can share the night-time feeding with one's partner and try to catch up on the sleep with day time nap. One simply cannot look forward to sex if one is deprived of sleep.
- Release the pressure and guilt: The body is still recovering and one may get a feel that one is not attractive as before which makes a dramatic impact on body image. Communicate honestly with partner about the lack of drive. It is likely that he will also be experiencing similar issues and conflicting emotions. Giving reassurance that one is working on increasing the libido can help ease the pressure on both the individuals.
- Prepare for sex: Do anything to relax and get into the mood before hitting the bed. It can be as simple as a hot shower or a refreshing drink but it is important to help your body transition from mother to lover.
- Use a lubricant: It is hard to look forward to something that is painful.. Breastfeeding plays a significant role in the decrease in libido. Oestrogen is an important hormone that decreases with breastfeeding which affects vaginal tissues. The most common vaginal side effects of decreased oestrogen are dryness hence it's important to use lubricants to minimize the discomfort of vaginal dryness and make sex more enjoyable
Libido is complicated and there will be times one has to do even if one is not in the mood. Sometimes it takes a little nudge to get the libido back into gear. Once one gets over the hurdle of not being in the mood, one may just realise that one is enjoying the act.The good news is that this decrease in libido is temporary. With time and patience, one can rebuild a satisfying sexual relationship with their partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.