Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Aggarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hii I missed my periods last month and also feeling the same this month also. I was in stress last month it might be cause of it. There is no chance of pregnancy. I am afraid that if it go on missing I ll gain weight .plz suggest what to do.
A 20 age girl taken ipill emergency in her lyf first time. Then Menstrual bleeding is happen normal or heavy. ND can it will cross above 7 days sir. Any serious issue about it. Help me Sir thank you.
I am suffering from pcos and I took medicines for my periods. Now I got my periods after 3 months but I can see some blood patches on my hand. What can be the reason?
I want to conceive, we have already tried 3 months but no positive result. What medicine should I take? My.
Mene 7 din pehle ek prostitute ke sath sex kiya tha condom use kiya lekin excitement me vagina ke andar discharge ho Gaya tha discharge hone ke baad BHI me vagina me hi 2 second tak karta Gaya baad me condom Mene Apne hath se nikala kya me hiv infected ho Gaya.
Unprotected sex ke baad periods regular h, pregnancy test bhi negative h but pregnancy symptoms dikh re h like stomach swelling, foots swelling, headache. I'm too confused. maine urine test bhi 2 times kia h. result negative h and tummy bahar aa rahi hai. Help me please.
I want to do anal sex with my wife. What precautions should I take while doing anal sex with her? And how to do for long time without paining her? Please help me its my dream to do anal sex with my wife plzzz help me doctor.
The brain is a very complex organ, both structurally and functionally, and presents with symptoms elsewhere in the body if there is a problem within. It is akin to a central processing unit of a computer which controls the functioning of the entire body. In addition to ageing, trauma, injury, and infection can also lead to neurological symptoms which require intervention by a neurologist.
The following are some common symptoms indicative of the need to see a neurologist.
- Numb chin syndrome (NCS): This sudden numbness is often unilateral and has no dental/oral cause. NCS could either be the first indication of multiple sclerosis or systemic malignancy. Breast cancer, prostate cancer, and small cell lung cancer are shown to metastasize first to the trigeminal area and so numbness in the chin should be further investigated.
- Muscle twitches: The quivering, twitching and flickering of certain muscles is common for most of us, which is medically known as fasciculations. These occur due to muscle overuse, tiredness, or due to old age. However, when these get progressive, spread to more and more muscles, and are more regular, then it is a cause for concern. This could be the first indication of underlying motor neurone disease, and it is good to rule it out in the early phase.
- Poor vision: Vision is blurred or lost for short periods of time, usually affecting both eyes and lasting for just about a few seconds. This happens due to increased intracranial pressure, which causes sudden vision loss. However, it could also be due to underlying brain tumours that are enlarging and encroaching intracranial space.
- Bowel/bladder incontinence: Inability to control bowel or bladder movements along with symptoms like leg stiffness could mean spinal cord compression and should be discussed immediately with a neurologist. Left unattended, it could progress and lead to severe complications.
- Droopy eyelid: Whether or not it is painful, whether or not it is seen on both sides, a droopy eyelid is definitely a cause for concern. This could be due to aneurysm of an artery which can press on the cranial nerve and cause more severe symptoms.
- Banging headache: A headache as if someone hit you with a cricket bat could be the result of an internal haemorrhage in the subarachnoid space. Diagnosis needs to be confirmed with a lumbar puncture to see if the fluid has blood in it.
- Saddle anaesthesia: A tumour in the spinal column compressing on the lower spinal nerves presents as loss of anaesthesia around the genitals and buttocks. This again needs to be immediately looked at by the neurologist.
If you have any of the above symptoms, visit your neurologist, and ruling out serious causes is reason enough to cheer! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.