Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old I had a d&c done after missed pregnancy in April 2015 since after that I have been trying to conceive but no luck. Kindly suggest me something to get pregnant fast.
I am 21 years old have problem in my uterus, white layer is formed in my uterus, which is very badly itching and burning please help.
Sir, I had intercourse on 6th of this month and left sperm in my wife's. But she had period on 17th of this month. Between mentioned dates had been to site seeing by bike to around 150kms. How many days to wait after ejecting sperm into vagina to get pregnancy? or I need to go for semen analysis?
Hi i am 24 yrs female I went follicular study on day12 from my period started. There is egg in rt ovary got injuction on day 14 for egg release nd did intercorse in 13, 14 th days can I be pregnant
What is rh antibodytitre test and y it is done for men? For one of my relative doctor has suggested for the test may I know for what is it done.
I am using progesterone suppository after my iui. Since 30 day. She gave me for 14 days only. My LMP is 12/2/16 and iui on27/3/16. My tablets are finish today onward but asked me to come on19 till that I have she didn't ask me to take medicine. My question is if I stopped progesterone means will I get withdrawal bleeding or shall I continue that.
My last period was on June 7th till now I didn't get my period. I tested for pregnancy but it was negative. What medicine should I take to get my period Immediately and regularly.
I have a TSH of 3.4 and I am 29 weeks pregnant, please suggest if my thyroxine dosage to be increased, if so how much. I am currently taking 125+12.5 mcg dosage everyday. My endocrinologist suggesting to not change, but I read in many articles that TSH of 2 should be maintained during pregnancy. I am confused.
I have checked pregnancy test 4 times within a month and every result I get negative but my wife's late period for a month. So what it means. Also I want to know about HCG test of different brands kit.can it provide a wrong results or not. What we should do about my wife's late period.
Hello Doctor! Me and my gf had sex on 31march without contraception and she had mpill after 23hrs after sex and later after two hrs we had sex again. She had her periods on 23 March and she have been bleeding from yesterday slightly So please can yu tell if there is any chance of pregnancy. She took mpill for first time. Wen does the bleeding stop and is der ny risk of pregnancy? please suggest to stop pregnancy if required. She has regular periods around 23rd of every month. Thank you!
7 simple ways to spice up your sex life
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Are you looking to spice up things in bed?
1. Keep fit
Sex is a bodily function. That means a healthy person is more likely to have successful sex than an unhealthy one. Having good cardiovascular health is especially smart, given that the vasculature down there is easily affected by poor conditions. Just having high cholesterol can trigger ed or fsd. Just taking a 20-minute brisk walk can benefit you immensely releasing all the endorphins (the happy hormones) and building your muscle and bone health, giving you a positive mood thereby boosting libido.
2. Relaxation is critical
Stress has a way of ruining sex lives through psychological and physical means. Not everyone can have the luxury of taking time off work and heading to the bedroom, but there are little steps everyone can take to get themselves more in the mood of a pleasure-focused evening complete with music, a couples bath or shower, and sensual massage with essential oils, followed by simple home cooked food with candles instead of electrical lighting.
This is utmost important for anyone who wants to get the most out of their sex life or their relationship in general" communication is key" if you don't have communication, you're not going to get anywhere sexually. Talking honestly about sex can be difficult but any awkwardness will be well worth it. Of course, communicating sexual desires during the deed should be done delicately and any serious suggestions should be saved for a discussion later.
4. Making it emotional
For women, being spoken to in a romantic way is an important part of sexual arousal. Same applies to men too. Just basic compliments sprinkled throughout the day can make any partner feel more desired, which often translates to increasingly passionate reciprocation.
5. Educating the self
This can be a challenging task for long-term couples if they've never done it but nearly everyone benefits from some sexual education. Dvds that explain more advanced and exciting sexual techniques. In particular, recommend are couples-based films.
6. Hug romance
As relationships age, the people in them often settle into a comfort zone. There is plenty that's great about the comfort zone but feeling desired and loved should not be sacrificed. Whether it's flowers, an at-home dinner, or dancing to a favourite song, planning a special night of romance is a pretty simple way to spice a relationship.
7. It's not just the orgasm
Overthinking sex is a nearly guaranteed way to take all the fun out of it. This can be a particular problem for men with a female partner because women tend to have a tougher time climaxing and some men see sex without orgasm as a failed effort" the objective is to find ways to give each other pleasure" focusing on the journey rather than the destination is going to give more pleasure and cut off pressure on the couple.
My friend had a doubt on unprotected sex I want the ask the question here. He had sex with women who has separate from husband for 4 years and she is not active in sex. He is also not active. Will this lead to any std?
I had sex with my boy friend without any protection. Now I am afraid that ill get pregnancy, its been three months exactly we did sex together and I did not miss any periods these three months. Is there any chance that I will be pregnant?
Breast cancer, most common cancer type in women. For this reason, and because the breast often long shows no symptoms and therefore often go undetected for a long time, many women have great fear of getting this condition.
The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age, although the risk is not for all women is the same.
There are rather few known risk factors that increase the probability of developing a breast cancer.
1. This cancer type mostly arises from malignantly altered cells of the mammary gland or milk ducts. These cancer cells have the property that they can grow and multiply uncontrollably into vessels.
This allows in growth of blood vessels in the breast cancer throughout the body to disperse cancer cells, which then become the starting point of offshoot, known as metastases.
2. Other risk factors are smoking, especially in youth, and increased alcohol consumption. Rarely, benign breast tumors can develop into cancer.
3. Also some cases of breast cancer in women are due to such a familial risk. Especially if the mother or sister, so close blood relatives, is already ill at a young age, this may be an indication of such a gene mutation.
1. Cancer tumor generally grows very slowly, it can take years in some cases up to 20 years take until it is palpable.
2. Only when the breast cancer develops at a specific location, it can already cause early symptoms. Formed, for example, in an adult stage, this can lead to fluid discharge from the nipple.
3. There is also breast cancer tumors that spread in the skin of the nipple. This so called Paget’s disease leads to redness and flaking of the nipple, which can easily be confused with eczema of the nipple.
4. At a more advanced stage of the disease when the tumor has already become significantly larger, other characters may be added.
The tumor can then cause a swelling and redness of the surrounding tissue. In addition, it can also lead to confiscation of the nipple or skin area, which is located directly above the tumor.
5. At the present time, in the very consistent examinations are performed, a breast cancer stops are usually discovered at a relatively early stage, so that such ulceration is rarely seen.
Treatment or therapy
The treatment is customized for each patient. Depending on the stage of different surgical procedures, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and radiation are combined.
1. Over half of the women, it is possible to perform a breast conserving surgery called so. In this case not the whole affected breast, but the tumor is removed at a sufficient safety distance.
In addition to the lymph nodes in the armpit removed now, as they could possibly be already infected tumor cells.
By this operation, expansion however, there may in certain cases to impaired drainage of tissue fluid manifested by a painful swelling of the arm on the same side.
2. Another way of adjuvant therapy is chemotherapy. Here, the woman concerned will be administered substances that damage the tumor cells so much that they die. These drugs, the so called cytotoxic drugs may be administered in a plurality of cycles, so that today usually 6 treatment cycles to be carried out at an interval of 3 weeks.
The optimal breast cancer treatment for each woman is compiled from all of these treatment options, what the prognosis of women suffering from cancer has improved significantly in recent years.
I am 30 years old unmarried, I have leucorreah for about 8-9 years , I have tried many things like ayurvedic, home remedy and allopathic but in vain. please advice what to do?
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend and she is not getting her periods even after 4 months. She took a pregnancy test 4 weeks after we had sex and it was negative. But she took tablet to get her periods before taking the test. Will it affect the test result? She says she has no signs of pregnancy.
I had a sexual relationship with my girlfriend. Without condom and any tablets. what is the safe day in period circle.
Hello Doctor, I usually get my periods after every 23 days. Sometimes I get it after 21 or 25 days. Now as per my date I'll be due for periods on 21 June and after that I'll be due for periods on 14 July. I want to prepare periods for 4 days i.e I want to get it on 10th July. Please help me. How can I get it early?
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.