Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjoo DuggalYour feedback matters!
My periods have been irregular from past 6 months, what could be the reason. Earlier my cycle was avg 35 days, post marriage was almost same, now this month abt 54 days done wit no periods yet. How to regularize periods.
Hello Doctor. I'm 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. Can I abort kid by just taking abortory pill or should undergo abortion? My gynic has told tablets may not work out.
My sister's period is too late this time. Last period date was 18th June n in July didn't come, it didn't happened any time earlier, its first time. N now so much pimples are coming on her body, could you suggest the medicines.
My girlfriend had a severe pain in her left breast just upper left side of the nipple 1 year and 4 months ago. She consulted a doctor 4 months later. The doctor said that it may be a tumour and if not treated it could turn into a tumour and later breast cancer. So the doctor gave him some allopathic medicines and told that it would work and control the tumour. The doctor also suggested her mother to tie the knot as soon as possible. After marriage she will overcome this problem. But marriage is not happened. She took the medicine for 4 months. She got relief. But now 1 year later she got the pain again and severe pain. The tumour is hard and painful. It takes the size of a 5 rupees vaseline jar. Today the cold is enough and she has a lot of pain. Does it relate to her period?
I suddenly gained weight like in my breasts and butt thigh what does it mean im already a pcos patient and I had intercourse with my boyfriend but he did not ejaculate I had intercourse on 15th April (NOTE: I did not have my periods for 3 past three months BEFORE HAVING INTERCOURSE )so I guess I will not be pregnant even pls tell me. Some tips to have my period.
Is it true that reading books, hearing music, watching movies, emotions, studying, learning and other activities influences the baby while in pregnancy?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I am having doubt of pregnancy. But I am not confirm. My periods were not coming in last month so I took (deviry 10) 3 tablets n then periods came and remained for 7 days now in this month of July again my periods has not came. So is it possible that I am pregnant? Please give me the appropriate answers by a gynecologist. .
Hi, My periods came on 3rd july. On 10th july I had sex without protection 3 times. I did not took the pills. Now I worry about the pregnancy? I might be pregnant? When I can do the pregnancy test to confirm this? Please help me I am unmarried.
Hi. Am under fertility treatment. and had no bleeding this time. and it got stopped in third day itself.
I'm having pcos my menstrual cycle is just only for 2-3 days, menses are regular but I'm afraid if I'm gonna have early menopause? My reports are in the documents plss help.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
Losing weight helps to reduce high insulin level in the blood. In case of obesity, weight loss will reduce insulin resistance, stimulate ovulation and will improve fertility rate.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor, Today is my CD 3, I'm suffering from Pcod n TTC since 1+ yrs, my doctor suggested me to take follicular study on CD 9, CD 12 n CD 14. She also prescribed Ovofar for 5 days. Please help me out, what is the procedure of follicular study n how is it useful? What is Ovofar tablet? At what days we can have intercourse (my hubby staying 600 kms far, n nt able to take leave for more than 2 days)? Please help me Thanks in advance.
I am 24 years old female without intake of contraceptive pill after 40 days I got my menses & now there is chances of getting pregnant?
My wife is 20 years old. She has a lot of white discharge and itching on skin near her vaginal opening especially during sex. I use condoms while having sex. Please help. Me with this.
Pregnancy is an ideal time to start taking really good care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. If you follow the few simple guidelines below, you should give yourself the best chance of having a problem free pregnancy and a healthy baby.Healthy and fit baby is all what mother demands so here are the tips for a healthy pregnancy.
- See your doctor or midwife as soon as possible: As soon as you find out you're pregnant, get in touch with your GP or a midwife to organise your antenatal care.
- Eat well: Aim to eat a healthy, balanced diet whenever you can. Try to have, at least five portions of fruit and vegetables daily. Plenty of carbohydrates, such as roti and rice, as the basis of your meals. Choose wholegrain carbohydrates rather than white, so you get plenty of fibre. Daily servings of protein, such as fish, lean meat, eggs, nuts or pulses, and some milk and dairy foods. Two portions of fish a week, at least one of which should be oily.
- Take a supplement: Pregnancy vitamin supplements aren't a substitute for a balanced diet. But they can help if you're worried you're not eating well, or you're too sick to eat much.
- Be careful about food hygiene: There are some foods that are not safe to eat in pregnancy. This is because they can carry a health risk for your baby. It is always recommended to avoid foods such as raw papaya and raw pineapple during pregnancy as cause pregnancy or birth complications. It can even lead to miscarriage. Avoid eating outside food.
- Exercise regularly: Good exercise choices for pregnancy include, brisk walking, swimming, antenatal classes, yoga, pilates, etc. One should do exercise which she is used to doing regularly when not pregnant and should avoid starting any new exercise during pregnancy without supervision.
- Begin doing pelvic floor exercises: Your pelvic floor comprises a hammock of muscles at the base of your pelvis. These muscles support your bladder, vagina and back passage. They can feel weaker than usual in pregnancy because of the extra pressure upon them. Pregnancy hormones can also cause your pelvic floor to slacken slightly.
- Cut out alcohol: Any alcohol you drink rapidly reaches your baby via your bloodstream and placenta. There is no way to know for sure how much alcohol is safe during pregnancy. That's why many experts advise you to cut out alcohol completely while you're expecting.
- Cut back on caffeine: Coffee, tea, cola and energy drinks are mild stimulants. There are concerns that too much caffeine may increase your risk of miscarriage. It's also thought possible that too much caffeine may contribute to your risk of having a low birth weight baby.
- Stop smoking: Smoking during pregnancy can cause serious health problems, for you and your baby. These risks include an increased risk of, miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight.
- Get some rest: The fatigue you feel in the first few months is due to high levels of pregnancy hormones circulating in your body. Later on, it's your body's way of telling you to slow down.To wind down ready for bed, try relaxation techniques, which are safe in pregnancy, such as yoga, stretching, deep breathing, visualisation, massage.
What will happen if you don't follow these tips?
- Insufficient Growth
- Neurological Disorders
- Low Birth Weight
- Body Weakness
- Fetus and Infant Death