Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjith JhaYour feedback matters!
Sir maire pass labra hai. Uska back portion bilkul hi jyda weak hai vo chall bi ni patta hai bilkul bii. Koe bolta hai ki usko palayis hai mujhe smjh ni arha hai ki mai kya kruu. Ap guide krea kisi bi doctor ko pta ni lag rha hai usko hua kya hai phle thik tha achi trah chalta bi tha par ab vo khada bi ni ho skta ek min k lea bi
Hi I have black female pug 1 year old and she has this very tiny bald spots which are bumpy and a little pink in color .i don't think it itches so much since she doesn't scratch a lot.
I have 1 year old Labrador dog and he sheds a lot continuously from 7-8 months till now. First I thought it was a seasonal but it does did not stop. I gave him Himalaya Furglow, Vithum-H syrups but not much effective. I also bought anti dandruff shampoo and made him bath many times but the dandruff goes out but no stopping of hair shedding, I give him drools premium dog food 2 times, chapati and milk, eggs at 2-3 days interval, curd and rice. Some times family members give him salty snacks like namkeen, salty biscuits but no sweet things. I also deworme him every 2 months and changing every time the deworming tablets. He is very active and smart. So what should I do to stop hair shedding. Is it any internal problem because I have seen that even street dogs shed like nothing when I rub my hands on them but my labrador dog shed a lot compare to that when anyone rub hands on his body. Please suggest any remedy.
- leptospirosis is around and can cause lethal liver and kidney disease in dogs.
- water logging in metro cities can be a source of such fatal infections. Transmitted via urine of rats/dead rats --> Dogs can readily become infected despite vaccinations.
- common in farms too, wherever there is rat population.
- leptospirosis is a contagious to humans as well, and infected dogs, their urine becomes an important carrier for humans.
- initial signs include vomiting, jaundice, reduced urination, kidney failure.
- if not identified and treated early, it can become fatal.
- early diagnosis and specific treatment can save your pet.
- proper precautions and hygiene can save your family from exposure.
- do not let your pets walk through, or drink from water puddles.
Please speak to us for more information on this.
Have a safe monsoon!
My labrador puppy is 0.8kg at the age of 6 weeks. In what amount I should feed him to make him healthier? Please help.
I have a doberman puppy. It's 5 weeks old and I need amputation and ear cropping done. Ear cropping needs to take place within a few weeks. I there any decent vet surgeon that I can approach.
My Pet Dog Name is Rocky. Today A other wild and Dirty Big Dog Injured My Dog. He bite his jaw very badly, A lot of bleeding happens After this I bathe my dog but bleeding not stop. please tell me what I do. Their is lack of dog doctor.
My dog is labby he is 11 year old he is not eating since 2 weeks and vomiting white foam. He has high urea in his blood test he is getting lethargic and not responding we are worried what to do? please help.
Summer can mean lots of fun outside with your dog. But when the temps soar, take steps to protect your pet. Whether you take him for a walk down the street, a ride in the car, or just out in the yard to play, the heat can be hard on him. Here's how to keep your furry best friend safe.
1. Never leave your dog in the car. No, not even if you think you’ll only be a few minutes. Even when it isn’t that hot outside, the temp can soar inside a closed car. On an 85-degree day, it can reach 102 F within 10 minutes. And that's with a window cracked. After 30 minutes, it could be up to 120. Leave your dog at home, or go places where he can come with you.
2. Keep your house cool. If Fido’s home alone, make sure he can truly chill. Leave the air conditioner on and close the drapes. If you don't have AC, open the windows and turn on a fan. You may want to try a cooling vest or mat to see if they help.
3. Watch when you exercise. Limit when and how much you do when it's hot and humid. Take walks in the cooler part of the day, in the early morning and evening hours. Carry water, too -- enough for both of you.
4. Check the pavement. Before you head out for a walk, touch the pavement. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your dog's paw pads. Walk on the grass and stay off the asphalt. You also might want to try booties for your dog so his paws don’t burn.
5. Offer plenty of water and shade. Don't leave your pooch alone outside for long. And when he is there, make sure he has shade and lots of fresh, cool water. Add ice cubes when you can. Trees are better than doghouses for shade. They let air flow through. Doghouses can trap the heat and make it worse. Think about a kiddie pool or a sprinkler to help your pal cool off in the yard.Make cool treats. Help your canine chill from the inside out. For puppy popsicles, make ice cubes with tasty treats inside. Or fill and freeze a chew toy to make a chilly snack.
6. Keep an eye on the humidity, too. When the air is full of moisture, your dog may not be able to pant enough to cool himself off. That can raise his temperature, which can lead to heatstroke. Stay inside, and limit exercise, too.
7. Take care of at-risk dogs. Be watchful if you have a snub-nosed pet like a pug or bulldog. Their smaller airways make it harder for them to release heat when they pant. It's also easy for old and overweight dogs, or those with heart and breathing problems, to get heatstroke.
8. Groom your pet. If your dog has long hair, get rid of any mats and tangles. It will help keep him cool. Don't shave or clip his coat before you talk to your vet or groomer. The extra fur that keeps him warm in winter may also keep him cool in summer.
9. Watch for signs of overheating. Your dog can't tell you when he doesn't feel well, so keep an eye out for heatstroke, which can have these symptoms:
My friend is a female dane about 2 years old and I couldn't find a proper male for her to mate is there any other way that she can have puppies ?
My dog is 3 mnths, while jumping he broke one of his tooth. Since then he is uneasy, biting evrything. Pls suggest. What should we do to make him easy? thanks.
I am having a female dog and it is 4 years old. It was having her menstrual cycle. Its been 22 days as of today and I don't think there is much bleeding. I am not sure of it tho. Today it ran out of the house and got mated with an another street male dog. Now is there a chance of possible pregnancy ? Is there any medicine apart from surgery to use as a contraceptive to drop the pregnancy ?
My pet dog is very old and he can barely stand erect as due to old age his legs have become crooked he keeps on wailing as he is suffering through a lot of pain. I consulted a doctor but he told it's alright because he is on his last stage then too I asked for some painkillers for him to get some relief which he refused from prescribing I can no more see him suffering so please consult me for an appropriate medication for the same thank you.
My dog German shepherd age 9 months fully vaccinated female eating mud and clothes of my house and even slippers daily night it's digging mud in pots and having the mid approximately more than 1/2 kg it is eating what's the remedy? Weight is 20-25 kgs.
My three & half years old rottweiler has mated with same breed boy after 50 days it looked like gone blank but some what nepples have been dropped then I thought may be there is one or two puppies now at 67th day i saw some discharge dark brown colored still 12hrs there is no baby or it is not getting any pain please suggest me
Hi, have a pet (dashing dog). Having itching, dandruff and hairfall problem from last 5 months. We tried all remedies like using neem oil massage, ridd etc but no use. Please suggest home remedies to cure immediately. Thanks.
The number one way to communicate to a dog that you are his pack leader is to take him/her for a Pack walk daily, where the dog is made to heel beside or behind the human who is holding the lead. This is most important for all dogs, as in a dog?s mind, the leader always leads the way.
A dog must not be allowed to sniff or eliminate anywhere he wishes, but only where you allow him.
The dog should be concentrating on following the human.
All humans must eat before the dogs.
No table scraps should be fed to the dog during a meal.
Feedings must be at a scheduled time.
Humans must not let the dog go through any doorway first.
When you have left the house or the room, even for a minute and come back, ignore the dog for a few minutes.
A simple obedience command should be given before any pleasurable interaction with the dog. A child in the house should give the commands at least once a day and reward the dog with a treat when the command is followed.
You should not lie on the floor to watch TV when the dog is around, as a human should never put himself in an equal or lesser height position than the dog.
You are the first one who greets newcomers; the dog is the last that gets attention.
If a dog is lying in your path, do not walk around the dog, either make the dog move or step over the dog.
If you establish eye contact with the dog, the dog must avert his gaze first. Tell the children not to have staring contest with the dog.
Dogs must not sleep in your bed.
Games of fetch or play with toys must be started and ended by the human.
Dog should not be allowed to lie on your furniture.
No tug?of?war, as this is a game of power and you may lose the game giving the dog reinforcement (in the dog?s mind) of top dog.
Dogs need to be taught ?drop it? or ?release? command.
Dogs should not be allowed to pull on the leash.
When you put the food dish down, the dog must wait until you give the "OK" to eat it.
Small dogs or puppies who demand to be picked up or put down should not get what they want until they sit or do another acceptable quiet behavior.
Dogs should never be left unsupervised with children or anyone who cannot maintain leadership over the dog.
Last but certainly not least... avoid emotions, when you are around your dog. Your dog can sense these emotions and will see you as weak.
My pet stopped eating since 5-6 days. Ealier she used to have 5 chapatis a day and that too with non veg 3 times a day. But now she has stopped eating anything. We have been consulting vets doctor for the same and every time they dies is inject her. As per them she is suffering from hyper acidity. As per their suggestions we are giving her gelusil, curd, but mostly she vomits out after eating grass. I am very worried for her. Please help. I really want her to be ok again. She is of age 14 and a half. Please help.
I have a 4 months labrador and now a days he is shedding hairs very much. Please suggest me any medicine to control shedding.
- Never leave a pet in a car/vehicle alone, even for few minutes. The temperature inside the car goes up substantially compared to outside temperature and can cause life threatening heat stroke in pets.
- Change timings of walks – switch to early morning walks before sun heats up, and late in the night when environment cools down – May be 8AM-8PM!
- Keep ample drinking water available all the time for the pets!
- If you are housing your pets in A/C rooms, make sure to avoid “Temperature Shock”. I.E. Do not take them out immediately from a A/C room, or vice versa. Switch off the A/C let the room temperature become normal and then take them out, so as to minimize temperature difference to which pets are exposed.
- Watch out for TICKS! - Summer is active tick season, and it is better to be safe than sorry. Talk to us for the preventive strategies for tick infestations so as to protect your pets from the tick borne diseases.