Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit KharbYour feedback matters!
I want to know the reason for the death of my dog Bread: Labrador Cross Sex: Bitch Age: 20-03-2004 (12.5 years) Symptoms. stuffy got blind 4 Months ago but it was health. Before 1 months it was very hungry and urinating a lot. And a tumour on the tail and became very thin. Before one day it was health. I fed it with curd Rice, Pedigree Senior and milk (mixed) in the evening and rice in the night. It vomited the pedigree milk with in an hour. Before the dinner. After dinner it vomited 4 times color yellow. And in the morning it around 5 it started shouting with pain and biting her tail. Her two back legs were no working. She was unable to get up She was shouting and biting the tail. Finally when all of them seen them it took rest and kept her tongue out. And was not giving any movement. tongue became all black. I want to know the reason what is a sudden cause for the vomiting and pain and death. Happened 22-08-16.
My doberman pup has swallowed 8 tabs of ivermectine. Now his pupils are dilated and eye color is changed. He is unable to see anything. What to do now?
How many times to feed a stray dog? n what food to feed exactly so that they get all the nutrients they need?
My dog is labby he is 11 year old he is not eating since 2 weeks and vomiting white foam. He has high urea in his blood test he is getting lethargic and not responding we are worried what to do? please help.
My dog has skin disease he sleep on wet place the place is effected him so what can I do please tell me my dog is not well please any body help me to help my dog because I love him allot.
My 10 months labrador, for past 2 days sits and drag his but on ground and lick it several times. I saw his butt (anal, it was a little reddish and there was a itching redness near his anal. Please suggest me what to do?
I have a saint bernad pup of 5 months in himachal pradesh. He have a indigestion problem. He is not digesting anything from past one and half month. I don't have good vets here. please suggest me some medicine.
My cat has suffering from fever and sneezing continuously, eating sometimes only, what do I do for my pet cat?
I have just adopted labrador pup he is 35 days old. My concern is when should I get him his 1st vaccination. As from whom I adopted he said on 42 days direct booster I consulted 1 vet doctor he said you should start from, 33 days age I am confused. Kindly guide He wants to bite on everything I think he is getting irritated as his teeth are erupting kindly reply.
I have a lab puppy we gave him curd since he has loose now often he sounds as if he will vomit and coughs a little then.
My dog snoop is very sick I think. His eyes are red. Always red. He is fine in the morning but after 4.20 he acts crazy. I don't know what to do.
How could i comfort my dog in this summer?or could cut his hair(coat)short so that he should not feel too much heat. Please give me suggestion
Hi, My Lab is 8 years old. And now she has started to Limp on her right leg. I dont know if she is in pain. What should i do?
I have a pet female dachshund never mated. Now she has developed tumor around her nipples. Is surgery only option? The tumor is hard on feeling.
I have adopted a street dog and he is around 2.5 months old. He has a tendency to eat potty. I am giving 2.5ml of osteopet twice a day. Already 1 bottle is already finished. Please suggest.
- leptospirosis is around and can cause lethal liver and kidney disease in dogs.
- water logging in metro cities can be a source of such fatal infections. Transmitted via urine of rats/dead rats --> Dogs can readily become infected despite vaccinations.
- common in farms too, wherever there is rat population.
- leptospirosis is a contagious to humans as well, and infected dogs, their urine becomes an important carrier for humans.
- initial signs include vomiting, jaundice, reduced urination, kidney failure.
- if not identified and treated early, it can become fatal.
- early diagnosis and specific treatment can save your pet.
- proper precautions and hygiene can save your family from exposure.
- do not let your pets walk through, or drink from water puddles.
Please speak to us for more information on this.
Have a safe monsoon!
Once you know that your dog is in tip-top shape, here are some other things you can do to encourage his or her coat to come out shiny and soft.
- Omega fatty acid: These are full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids that help contribute to a healthy coat, plus they’re delicious to a dog! Add some to the dog’s food.
- Brush: Regular brushing stimulates the skin and hair follicles, which increases the natural production of skin oils that make the coat shiny. Brush your dog at least once every other day.
- Bath: How often depends on your dog, the length of the coat, and how dirty he or she gets. Bathing once a month is a good general guideline—often enough to keep the coat clean, but not so often that you’re stripping the coat of essential oils. Use a moisturizing shampoo that won’t irritate skin. Consider adding a natural conditioner afterwards—those that contain vitamin E are soothing to the skin and hair. Some owners use coconut milk on the pet’s fur for several minutes before bath time.
- A little oil: Stir one teaspoon to one tablespoon of vegetable oil into your dog’s food to keep the coat healthy. Try sunflower, flaxseed, olive, coconut, and safflower, but don’t give them too much—that can lead to diarrhea. Coconut oil may also help clear up skin conditions.
- Herbal remedies: Try horsetail, as it’s high in silica, which is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong skin, bones, and fur. Spirulina is another natural ingredient that contains protein, B vitamins, and carotenoids. Be cautious, though, not to use too much. Check with your vet on dosage.
- Protection: Dogs who have no shelter from the elements and are kept outside most days will have coats that change to be more thick and dry simply to provide natural protection. You can just let it be for the colder winter months, or provide additional shelter to encourage a shinier coat.
- Oatmeal Bath: Dogs with dull coats often have skin problems, as well. An oatmeal bath helps sooth the skin, tame itching, and leaves the coat soft and shiny. Oatmeal contains vitamin E, so it works as a natural softener. Simply grind one-cup plain oatmeal into a fine powder, fill a tub with lukewarm water, add the powder and stir in until the water appears cloudy, then place your dog in the bath. Pour water on its back and head, avoiding the eyes, and massage for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.
Sir we are a diary oprators in india sir we are suffering from mastitas regular basis we are a 70 catteles please suggest what can we do suffering from clinical mastitas
Any change in normal behavior suggesting either undue aggression or depression.
Running aimlessly and attacking others without provocation.
Becomes too drowsy and withdraws to a corner.
Change in voice/bark.
Refusal to feed or eating objects like stone, paper, wood, metal pieces etc.