Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit Kaur ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Anxious to conceive. I have taken all the medicines from 1 year. But still no result doctor said no problem from both of you but pregnancy is late why I don't know! Reply me please.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse.
Kindly let me know the status of 5th week 5th day of pregnancy. My wife done with ultrasound scanning, sac is there in uterus, but yolk/thicker layer of development is not visible. Is it normal? Please let us know. Thanks in advance.
What precautions should be taken after uterus removal surgery and for how many days do I have to be on a bed rest?
I am single and my age is 28 my breast r sagging. M. Worried. My periods are regular bt its not proper.initiallyI use to get 5 days blood flow bt now only 3 days blood flow. Wht to do.
I am a 4 months pregnant and I want to know that what is the diet I need to follow? And I am also having pcod problem. Do I need to use any medication for pcod?
Hi doctor. I am 32 years old blood group a+ and my wife 26 yes old blood group o-ve. She is carrying her 2nd child. We are to much worried as my wife's blood group is o-ve. As I heard that there are so many complications in having 2nd child. Please advise us for the same.?
Lifestyle modification is actually helpful in managing mild cases of pcos without requiring further medical intervention. For example; some helpful strategies include:
Intake of low calorie diet can help in effective weight loss (that is needed to maintain normal androgen concentration in the body) it is observed that women who have high levels of luteinizing hormone (lh) in the first half of their menstrual cycle are at higher risk of having miscarriage.
According to a study the risk of miscarriage drops from 75% to 18% with 5 to 10% decrease in the total body weight and diet regulation.
While maintaining a balanced diet, limiting the spiky rise in blood sugar levels is the basic key. It is recommended that a female must limit her sugar intake in order to maintain her blood glucose concentrations within recommended limits. Dietary modification prevent rapid spikes in insulin release and resulting abnormal metabolism.
Healthcare providers advise moderate exercise and physical activities to maintain optimal insulin sensitivity.
I am a married female. Age 22. I have hypothyroid since 2 years. I sometimes get my tsh level high but never my periods got delayed. But this time it's been 10 days from my date, till now no periods. I am worried. Is there a possibility of menopause?
My wife complained of pain whenever we try to have sex, she already conceived 2 daughter s but not very interested in sex, we did long foreplay also but no use, kindly suggest solutions.
Hello I wana ask you about when a couple do sex and boys sperm get out and touch girl sex organ but not go inside the sex organ of girl and seal wouldn't break, so pregnancy would happen or not?
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
- You may have a longer life: Love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
- You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: Along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a TV dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
- It protects you from depression: Companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
- It can help you look younger: As mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.