Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjeet K .RanaYour feedback matters!
I am 29 Year Old. I have an eyesight problem. Left Eye -5 and Right Eye -5.5 can I go for a lasik surgery.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
I am 35 yr. Old lady. My right eye is etching because of growth of cells on white portion of the eye. It irritate me. Pl. Suggest the solution.
I am suffering eyes tiredness. I do computer work regularly 7-8 hours. Kindly tell me home remedies.
Nethrachikitsa is as old as Ayurveda and forms a very critical branch of Ayurvedic treatment. Derived from two Sanskrit words ‘netra’ meaning ‘eyes’ and ‘chikitsa’ meaning ‘treatment’, this is not surprising as eyes are our window to the world and any disease affecting it needs priority treatment. Nethrachikitsa is a branch of Salakyatanthra in ayurveda, which deals with the treatment of entire area of head and neck. In English Nethrachikitsa is termed as Ophthalmology.
Eyes have always been given due importance as an indriya or organ in Ayurveda from very ancient times. Traces of Nethrachikitsa can be found in the ancient texts of Ayurveda. It has been proved that in earlier times, there was an existence of systematic way of eye treatment, which included different types of therapeutic formulations and practices. Among all the branches of salakyatanthra, Nethrachikista or Ophthalmology is the most important and popular branch.
In this field a total 76 eye diseases have been described and classified into various branches such as Vartma gata roga i.e. dieseases of the lids, Krishnagata roga (Diseases of cornea) etc.
In Ayurveda, the treatment of eye diseases is done not only by internal medications but also by way of several traditional applications like Anjanam and Aschyothanam. It also includes methods like nasyam (part of Panchakarma), nethraTarpanam and Putapakam. Nethrachikitsa also advocates the application of several eye exercises and yoga in order to keep the eyes healthy and efficient for years. If followed in the right method, Ayurvedic ophthalmology is capable of curing several common and chronic eye diseases.
Some of the major diseases which can be treated with the help of ayurveda are: Myopia (short-sight), Hypermetropia (long-sight), Astigmatism, inflammations and infections like Conjunctivitis, keratitis, uveitis, blepharitis, recurrent stye, scleritis etc., degenerative eye diseases like retinitis pigmentosa (RP), macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic atrophy, lazy eye (amblyopia), computer-related disorders like Dry Eye (computer vision syndrome), Glaucoma, allergic conditions like central serous retinopathy, spring catarrh, etc. Dr. Mahesh Gupta Ayurveda consultations is specialize in Netra Chikitsa and is very proficient in ensuring that eye diseases are cured the Ayurvedic way, without any side effects. The potential of Ayurveda can help us to see this beautiful world by our healthy eyes for a longer period of time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.