Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranjeet K .Rana
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjeet K .RanaYour feedback matters!
hello am Allergic to cold and have nasal congestion and flow ,watery eyes with burning sensation immediately. Can not even tolerate the fan .No relief from antibiotics or nasal drops .Plzz give me some helpful advice.
I have not comfortable now for next 30 days And my eyes become red today. And my body is become red.
I have red eyes. Whole day. What should I do. To get rid of it. I works in engg company in production department. Do I use eye drop or not?
Treatment of Farsightedness-
- Homeopathic Treatment of Farsightedness
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Farsightedness
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Farsightedness
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Farsightedness
- Surgical Treatment of Farsightedness
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Farsightedness
- Other Treatment of Farsightedness
Homeopathic Treatment of Farsightedness-
Homeopathic remedies are useful in the treatment of various eye problems including farsightedness and shortsightedness. Some of the homeopathic remedies for farsightedness are:
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Farsightedness-
Acupuncture helps to increase the blood flow to the brain and eye. It helps in stimulating the retinal nerve growth factors and leading to metabolic changes in the central nervous system. It focuses on the activation of eye muscles to facilitate eye focusing.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Farsightedness-
The conventional or allopathic treatment for farsightedness is the use of glasses and contact lenses.
Surgical Treatment of Farsightedness-
There are different types of surgeries that are used in the treatment of farsightedness:
- Photoreactive keratectomy (PRK) – The process uses a laser to flatten the back of the eye to help the images focus more closely to the retina.
- Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) – it involves cutting a flap in the cornea and then removing some of the corneal tissue with a laser, and then the flap is replaced.
- Laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK) – Instead of creating a flap in the cornea, the surgeon creates a flap involving only the cornea’s thin protective cover (epithelium).
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Farsightedness-
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Eat dark green leafy foods
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A
- Avoid the intake of refined sugars and processed foods
What is Farsightedness?
Farsightedness or hyperopia is a condition where you see far or distant objects clearly, but not objects up close which get blurred. It is caused when light rays overshoot the retina and focus behind it.
Symptoms of Farsightedness-
- Nearby objects may appear blurry
- You need to squint to see clearly
- Constant blurred vision
- Eye strain, burning eyes and aching
- General feeling of irritability and nervousness
- Eye discomfort or a headache doing close tasks, such as reading, writing, computer work or drawing
- Causes of Farsightedness
- Eyeball being too small
- The focusing power being too weak
Risk factors of Farsightedness-
- Hereditary factors
Complications of Farsightedness-
- Lazy eye
- Crossed eyes
Diagnosis of Farsightedness-
Farsightedness is diagnosed by a basic eye exam. A complete eye examination involves the following tests.
- Eye movement testing
- Glaucoma testing
- Refraction test
- Retinal examination
- Slit-lamp examination
- Visual acuity
Precautions & Prevention of Farsightedness-
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Do not smoke
- Use good lighting
- Use the right glasses
- Wear sunglasses that block UV radiation
- Have your eyes checked regularly