Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana ThakurYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years male married for an year. Me and my wife were unsuccessful for the past five months for pregnancy. My wife did a blood check up and she has low AMH levels. I did semen analysis and have Nil sperms in my semen. Following are the details of semen analysis. Semen volume was 10.5 ml, fructose was present, pH was 8, liquefaction was 15 mins and comment for rapid forward progression was'occasionally motile spermatozoa seen I have normal ejaculations and never had problems in intercourse or sex. I am very worried to see this report. Need help in what to do next!
I inside my penis inside my girlfriend's vagina unprotected Just 2-3 times and removed it . I am 101 percent sure I did not ejaculate inside her . I just wanted to be double sure Is that all right ? I am really tensed right now .
I am 24 f married. Had unprotected intercourse on my 23rd & 24th day of my period with 29 days as average cycle. And I doubt some semen has got in. I am adviced not to conceive for two years nor consume pills to control birth as I have ovarian cancer. Any possibility of getting pregnant?
I want to know after 35 years for females fertile eggs in ovaries will gradually become less and chances of pregnancy is completely less. Is it true?
In the recent years, with the building work pressure and the increasing stress in our everyday activities, our regular lives have become choc-a-bloc with all sorts of engagements. This often renders our bodies prone to fatigue and listlessness. This phenomenon can often be observed in an intensified form by way of a disorder called Fibromyalgia or as it is deemed in common parlance, "rheumatism".
Fibromyalgia is an ailment, which causes pain in the body tissues. The tender and fibrous tissues like muscles, ligaments and tendons are often affected by this disease. As a consequence of Fibromyalgia, one feels incapacitated to work or perform any physical activity. Sometimes Fibromyalgia is accompanied by extreme headaches, sleep disturbances, muscle pain and consistent dizziness.
The degree of chronicity of the disease may vary but the underlying cause remains the same. Given the high incidence of the disease, the treatment for the same is also widely available. However, for a more effective and lasting cure, many resort to homeopathy.
Homeopathy offers several remedies to Fibromyalgia, classified on the basis of the discrete symptoms of the disease:
- Rhus Tox: Rhus Tox is an excellent antidote for rheumatism induced stillness and muscle pain. When paired with suitable exercises, it can afford a lot of relief.
- Ruta Grav: Ruta Grav aids in relieving tendon pains and sustained usage helps in restoring muscle strength in case of Fibromyalgia.
- Rhododendron: Often the Fibromyalgia pain gets aggravated with a marked change in the season. Rhododendron mitigates the intensity of the pain.
- Arnica: For any injury induced body ache, Arnica is an extremely effective cure. It also functions as the foremost option, when the precise causes or the symptoms are unknown.
- Causticum: Certain forms of Fibromyalgia are accompanied with soreness, weakness and a feeling of stillness. Causticum soothes such ailments.
- Bryonia: Bryonia alleviates chronic pain in the soft tissues of the body. Exposure to heat needs to be avoided mandatorily in order to optimize the effect of Bryonia.
- Kalmia Latifolia: When besides the obverse symptoms of Fibromyalgia, the pain in the muscle is accompanied with a feeling of cold and numbness, one of the best homeopathic cures is Kalmia Latifolia.
Fibryomalgia is an ailment, which not only manifests physical troubles but also affects one's emotional status adversely. Therefore, to mete out the best remedy, homeopathy carefully assess both the physical and the psychosocial bearing of the patient before recommending a particular cure.
Related Tip: "A Guide to Dealing With Fibromyalgia"
Hello doctors, My parents have looked an alliance for me. But they guy is 6 years elder than me. Is it good to proceed for the marriage. Does my decision towards acceptance is correct? I am worried about the age gap thinking whether it will affect the child. Kindly help with my query doctor please.
I am 5 months pregnant and I am suffering from fever. Please suggest me medicine which I can take during pregnancy having no side effects.
I have irritation, itchiness and white thick discharge from vagina since 4 days. I had diarrhea for about a month. I had consulted my doctor about the diarrhea but the medication didn't work. I had unprotected intercourse a months ago and had i-pill with 64 hours too so I fear this might have something to with all these. What should I do?
Hi i'm 23 years old female I have back ache while riding scooter but I haven't consulted any doctors is there any pills which I could recover in that i'm planning for my pregnancy will I get problem during that time. And I m planning take vitamin E capsules can you suggest me some good product for glowing skin and healthy hair. Thanks.
Sir I have 6 day of period after first delivery. In morning during sec console has been broken and not sure about semen presence. No want to be pregnant help in safe mmode.
Do I need to take ipill or unwanted 72 if I had unprotected sex and I have just completed taking ginette 35 tablets for 21 days.
Hi doctor. I delivered a baby girl 22 days back. She is my second baby n caesarian too. From last night I'm feeling pain internally in stitches and when urine is pass lil bleeding is also there. Im not able to sit to feed the baby. I'm taking body massage from last 12 days too n holding my stomach with cloth tightly in day time. I want to ask is there any problem with internal stitches. Pls help me.
Heart disease doesn't affect all women in the same way and neither does it have the same warning signs as heart diseases in men. For women, heart disease is a bigger threat than breast cancer. Cardiovascular diseases also kill more women than men as the disease progresses differently in men and women. Here are a few things you should know about heart diseases.
Women have more atypical symptoms of heart attacks: The classic symptoms of heart attacks are pain in the left arm, chest pain and heart palpitations. Though women may exhibit these symptoms, they are more likely to have atypical symptoms. These include nausea, stomach aches, pain in the shoulders and upper back and extreme fatigue.
Preeclampsia and gestational diabetes can increase risks of heart disease: Even though your blood pressure may go back to normal and conditions like preeclampsia or gestational diabetes may go away post pregnancy, their effects linger on. The risk of heart disease for a woman who suffered from preeclampsia doubles while gestational diabetes can cause glucose intolerance leading to obesity or other such conditions which are risk factors for heart diseases.
Hot flashes could be a sign of heart problems: Hot flashes are usually associated with menopause but may also be a symptom of underlying heart problems. Hot flashes that occur after a exerting a strenuous effort on something can be a sign of angina in women.
Men and women do not face equal risks: Traditional risks to heart diseases such as cholesterol, obesity and high blood pressure affect both men and women but some factors such as diabetes, stress, depression and smoking affect women more than they affect men. Since women tend to lead a more sedentary lifestyle than men, a lack of exercise also affects them more than it affects men. In addition, a low level of estrogen can also increase the risk of cardiovascular conditions. This is usually seen after menopause.
Metabolic syndrome increase your risk of getting a stroke:
There are five metabolic risk factors for heart disease. If you have 3 or more of them, it is termed as metabolic syndrome. These risk factors are:
- A waist circumference of more than 35". This is also called abdominal obesity
- A triglyceride level higher than 150 mg/dL
- A low level of good cholesterol i.e. HDL cholesterol that is less than 50mg/dL
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar. This could also be a sign of diabetes.
While some factors like genetics are out of our control, most of these factors can be controlled by conscious lifestyle changes. Your doctor may also prescribe medication for the same. Heart disease can occur at any time so do not take your heart for granted.
I am 19 yrs old suffering from pcos. Right overies 12. 8cc,left overies 14. 4cc et 6mm uterus 74x34x45mm.Already took meprate 4time plss suggest. Still period not regular.
Me n my hubby had sex I am 38 weeks pregnant I clean everything after sex after 10 15 mint I get water sticky white its not smelling like education I am confused its my water leaked soo its normal.
I am 22 years old, I have irregular periods issue from past 2-3 months, my periods was due to come 9th which is yet to come, I follow proper diet, do exercise daily, what should I do? Please help me.
2. Water: 8-10 glasses of water in a day.
3. Rest: take proper rest to rebuild energy. Take proper sleep for 6-8 hours.
4. Air: always sit for at least 10-15 minute in fresh air.
5. Exercise: regular exercise for at least half an hour per day
6. Diet: eat a balanced diet. Colourful, fresh, good quality food.
A recent study conducted by sahgrenska academy university of gothenburg sweden has found that diabetes medication can be used to treat alcohol dependence.
Researchers found that a medication that resembles the hormone glp-1 which is used to treat type 2 diabetes as well as obesity could also be used to treat alcohol dependence
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.