Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple that has been unsuccessful in efforts to conceive over the course of one full year. When the cause of infertility exists within the female partner, it is referred to as female infertility. Female infertility factors contribute to approximately 50% of all infertility cases and female infertility alone accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases.
What causes infertility in Women?
1. Damage to your Fallopian tubes: These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
2. Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
3. Cervical issues: Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
4. Uterine trouble: You may have polyps and fibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
5. Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be one of the following:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body and acne. It's the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased oestrogen production under the age of 40.
If pregnancy test is negative in three times in 5 days interval then what is the chances of pregnancy?
I haven't got my periods from last two months. I tested for pregnancy test at home and the result is positive. Do the pregnancy test kit gives correct answer? I am not ready for the child as I am too young and there are other issues. Please help me. I am in a great worry.
When my boyfriend was masturbating his cum was on me and slightly near my vagina. We did not have sex. So are there any chances that I could be pregnant?
Congratulations, that your Urine pregnancy test is positive and white stork will be visiting you soon! So it's your fourth week and you are advised an ultrasound in the coming week. With all the questions coming in your mind on what to expect from the ultrasound in regards to a normal pregnancy, I am here to help you month-wise. (Know more about dietary facts in pregnancy)
In the First Month (Learn more about First Trimester)
On ultrasound you will see the pregnancy sac and the doctor would describe the same as the womb-pregnancy sac. This highlights that the pregnancy is not ectopic (pregnancy outside the womb).Cheers! You will be called again a week or two later to see the further developments of the baby.
In the Second Month
On ultrasound you can now see a fetal node and the doctor makes you hear a typical galloping horse like sound-that's the fetal heart beat- the heart beat of your baby. You can also see a small ring like structure in the pregnancy sac which is yolk sac. It takes care in terms of nutrition until the placenta is formed
In the Third Month
You are asked to give your Dual test- a blood test which tests for hormones like B hcg and PAPP-A which indirectly indicate whether the baby has chromosomal abnormalities or risk of growth restriction later on. You will be told to have an 11-13 weeks scan .In this scan ,markers for chromosomal abnormalities like Nasal bone, Nuchal; translucency(fluid behind the neck) ,blood flow through the liver(Ductus venosus) , Tricuspid regurgitation along with Length of the baby and heart rate will be studied .During the ultrasound you will be shown the structure of the baby from head to toe. At the end you will be counselled whether you are a low risk or high risk for getting a baby with chromosomal abnormalities(especially Down Syndrome).
And if all is well you are called for the next scan at 5th month.
In the Fifth Month
This is the anomaly scan or Level 2 scan. You will notice your baby has grown significantly since you last saw. The doctor will see the structure of the baby including the brain and heart .The location of your placenta will also be reported. It you have a quadruple test/ triple test ,the results will be interpreted and explained.
If its a thumbs up, you are advised to follow up with your obstetrician and come for an ultrasound at 8th month if everything continues to be as expected.
In the Eighth Month
This scan checks the growth of the baby and the fluid around it. The medical experts check the blood flow through the essential structures like the brain,liver and umbilcal cor (fetal Dopplers ). The same is done to reassure you or decide further management. In some cases , this scan may be pre-pond starting at 7th month.
If along with the expertise, there is a high end ultrasound machine , you get a chance to see your baby moving/dancing/thumb-sucking in 4 dimensions. You and your hubby will surely fight over the nosy -its alike yours or your hubby's! And the experience is awesome and ever cherishing.
You probably spend a whole day working at your office when your back remains in the same position. Then when you come back from work, you complain about your back pain, put some medicine and hope it goes away the next day. However, in such cases there are chances that the pain might return after a few days. You may not be aware of the fact, but there are certain fairly simple exercises you can do to strengthen your back and prevent back pain. Here are some of them.
1.Opposite arm leg raises
Lie on your stomach with one arm in the air as your starting position. Then finish the exercise by slowly lifting your leg. Hold this position for two seconds and then repeat this for the other arm and leg as well.
2. Prone hold
Hold a posture where you are holding your entire body weight on just your toes and your elbows for as long as it is pain-free.
Lie on your belly with your arms above your head. Slowly lift your arms and legs from this position as far as possible and then put it down again. Repeat this as many times as you can do it in a pain free way. Once again, it is imperative to not do this when it is painful as you may get injured.
4. Side holds
To do this, you have to be on your side putting your entire body weight on the side of your foot and your elbow. Hold it for as long as you can maintain the correct posture and it is pain free for you.
5. Resistance band rotation
Stand straight up or on your knees with your back straight up. Then using a resistance band rotate your body back and forth.
In pregnancy when I do sex, my wife can't conceive, she enjoy all foreplay but nowadays insertion of penis is not working from her side (vagina not large at this time) Is that happened in pregnancy time or its happening in only my case?
Dear Doctor, I have a 5 month old baby. I am breast feeding him. What would be considered as an ideal diet for me. I am a vegetarian. I feel that I have not taken proper diet and proper care of him. I have not eaten much fruits o veggies properly, although I have had milk properly during this time. How can I improve my diet. Thank you.
We have been trying to conceive from the last 4 months. This month my periods were missed on the due date but they came back after 2 days. Home test was negative on the second day of missed period. I have never missed my periods before and have always been in the cycle. I bled light on the first day. Second day was little more, and third is very light again. It doesn't look like the normal period. I don't even have the cramp pain or any other pain associated with normal periods. Can this be implantation bleeding? or is this a miscarriage?
I and my fiance got intimate, though we didn't had intercourse nor any such thing. He lied naked over me and penis was placed closed to vagina. I doubt any semen would have passed still I missed by period. Today was 16-17th (Met on 22nd, Oct) day since last meeting. I missed my period that was due on 28th, Oct ànd since then I tried to test whether I got pregnant due that stupidity. Today i. E. 8, Nov I did my last preg test at home and all came negative. In between I visited a doc on 4th, Nov and let him know I have missed my menses and he gave me 2 tab so that I get my menses quickly but it didn't worked either. Today at evening I found some brownish kinda liquid flowing out. A bit worried so needed your advice:) Can you help or assist me? Yeah I even thought of having those home based abort pill (medical àportion), but drop the idea as all test were negative and hymen still intact (virgin I am coz didn't had a intercourse).
I do pregnancy urine test. I got negative result. Bt, I have some symptoms to be pregnant. What should I do?
I haven't period for more than 4 months. I'm not pregnant I'm not STD positive. But I have weakness. What will be the treatment should be for it?
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.