Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranjana Thakur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana ThakurYour feedback matters!
INVO (intravaginal culture of oocytes), also called IVC (Intravaginal culture) is an abetted procedure of reproduction where early embryo development and oocyte fertilization are carried out inside a gas penetrable, air-free plastic tool or device that is placed into the maternal vaginal chamber for incubation. It is a device that helps the future mothers to participate in the evolution and growth of their own embryos present inside their body. The device is composed of an inner cavity with a protective outer rigid shell and a rotating valve.
It can be used for IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) cycles; whether with the mother's own eggs or any donor's eggs. It provides the same successful results as conventional treatments. It works in a very simple way:- when the requisite samples to produce embryos have been acquired or when the eggs have been impregnated in the laboratory, they together with culture medium are placed into the INVOcell device and then the device is inserted into the vagina of the mother and there it is kept for two to three days (for 72 hours culture period). Throughout this time, the mother can lead a practically normal life but she needs to elude taking bath, having intercourse or flying during those days on which she is wearing it.
When fertilisation takes place, it will be the mother's own heat which will supply the best conditions for the proper development of the embryos. Once they are set and ready, the doctor will remove the INVO from the mother's vagina to recover the embryos. The embryos are then evaluated under the microscope to choose the healthiest-looking ones to transfer them into the uterus. Within the uterus they will be embedded in order to begin developing.
Advantages of INVO are:
- It is one of the most cost-effective assisted conception treatments.
- In this method, the embryo incubation is more natural.
- Since in this whole process embryo incubation in the laboratory isn’t required, the possibility of stumbling at the laboratory is diminished.
- In this method, the couple experiencing the treatment is involved more.
- This method has similar efficacy as the IVF treatments.
Disadvantages of INVO are:
- Since the device has to remain for three days in the mother's vagina, it causes some discomfort.
- The patient has to spend much time in the assisted reproduction clinic and visit it more often.
The studies suggest that it could be a usable alternative choice for assisted reproduction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello sir/ madam Meri shadi ke 1.6 year hue hai mera ek 6 mahine ka bachacha hai, or wife ka Brest feuding chalu hai, par last 2 month se uski period date Chang ho rahi hai iske pahle 1 may tarikh ko phir 7 june tarikh ko or ab abhi tak nahi aaya maine wo urine taste kiya nigetive hai to Kya wo pregnant hai ya koi problem to nahi hai na sir.
Is taking calcium during pregnancy can cause stone formation and if chances are there which tablet you should prefer during pregnancy?
Sir when I can do sex with my wife to have a baby I mean to say that after period or before period. And after how many days of period I can do sex with her. And when the actual fertilization takes place when doing sex.
I want to have child's I want to do IVF but my age is 42 and my husband's age is 53. Please advice is their any problem in that
Dear sir I am 26 year male. I got married before 1 month. I don't want my wife to be pregnant upto 2 years. I use only condom while sex. Now I want to know is there any problem after this 2 years to be pregnant So I want to know ke 2 year baad baby hone me koi problem to nhi hogi? Means iske kya tarika hota hai ki sahi se manage keya jaye dono ko ki thoda time baby avoid kiya ja sake or fir after 2 years normally pregnancy ho jaye.
Hello sir mujhe vagina me itching horaha hai approximately 2 month se. I had sex without condom after that took contraceptive pill and get harmed so much by the pill chhote chhote chawal ke dane jaise rigid se mahsoos hote hai chhone pr or skin ke andar hai baahar daane nahi dikhaayi dete hai khijlaane ka mn karta hai or khujla dene se or bhi jyada dard badh jaata hai daano ke upaar ki skin or bhi patli ho jaati hai or blood baahar aa jata hai skin itni naajuk ho gayi hai or andar katho chhote daane.
Mango is everybody’s favourite fruit and also one of the main reasons why most people so eagerly wait for the summer season to begin. It has various types such as alphonso, kesari etc. It is considered to be the king of all fruits. This fruit is not only juicy and extremely tasty but it has numerous health benefits as well. Everybody loves mango so much and it tastes so good that people tend to forget it has health benefits too. Let’s take a look at the health benefits of eating mango:
- Prevents cancer: The best dietician in India says that the antioxidant compounds present in mango help in fighting against cancer. Consuming this fruit can help to prevent colon, prostate, breast and various other cancers.
- Clear skin: Lucknow dietician, the best dietician in India says that eating mangoes can help you to achieve a clear and healthy skin. Mangoes can help you to get rid of pimples and also help clear clogged pores.
- Good for keeping cholesterol in check: Mango has a high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibre that help your cholesterol levels to lower down.
- Improves digestion: The best dietician in India says that mango contains enzymes that aid in breaking down proteins. Being rich in fibre, mangoes help in digestion.
- Strengthening the immune system: Being rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and 25 different kinds of carotenoids, mangoes help in keeping your immune system healthy.
- Eye care: Vitamin A is present in mangoes abundantly.Just one cup of sliced mangoes equals to 25% of your daily need of Vitamin A. Thus mangoes are very good for eye health and promote good eyesight.
Nutrition Chart for mangoes:
One mango (approx. 336 grams) contains about:
- 201 calories
- 1.3 g fat (2%) – Saturated fat 0.3 g, polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g, monounsaturated fat 0.5 g
- 0 g cholesterol
- 3 mg sodium (0%)
- 50 g carbohydrates (46 g sugar and 5.4 g dietary fibre)
- 2.8 g protein (6%)
- 73% vitamin A
- 204% vitamin C
- 4% calcium
- 3% iron
- 20% vitamin B-6
- 8% magnesium