Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana GuptaYour feedback matters!
My nipple is discharging like milky. I am not pregnant if there is any problem? Never seen this problem before.
Most STD treatments do not protect you from getting the same infection again. A course of drugs may cure gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia or trichomoniasis, but a new exposure can start a new infection. If your partner is not treated, you can continue to pass infections back and forth. And if you're not taking the right precautions to protect yourself, you can be re-infected quickly or even pick up a second STD.
I am 48 years and am a teacher in a coaching class. Incidentally my periods have become very irregular and the past 4 months there was no flow. But meanwhile I feel that am gaining weight and having drowsiness often. I feel like taking long vacation. Feel hungry a lot. I an 5ft 2inches and weigh 77.7kg. I am a veggie. How do I reduce without sacrificing my energy. I do exercises. Work out along with videos. Around thrice a week.
MY AGE IS 26 YEARS. MY WEIGHT IS 94 KGS. IN MY TESTS T3-91,T4-10.3,TSH-2.81,HB-11.5 .Problem is Periods are stooped since two Years. I am having Two childrens. So Kindly give solution.
I found a small breast lump near my nipple area. What should I do now? I also have PCOS. Please advise.
I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome from past 4 years, please tell me what are the ways to cure it and reduce my weight?
Manufacturers use to describe benefits of plant-derived phytoestrogens on breast health. However, no clinical trial have ever demonstrated such benefit. Serious drug interactions are possible with any of these herbs, especially if you take a blood-thinning medication such as warfarin.
Breast enlargement might be a side effect of certain drugs such as estrogen, contraceptive pills, paroxetine, and fluoxetine. But, any of these medications are not approved for breast enhancement.
Is this possible that meningitis can transferred from mother to her child, if yes then what is the precautions to prevent from this disease to child.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
When an ipill should be taken after an unprotected sex and what are the side effects of taking an ipill.
Trying to get pregnant. On 17th of this month my follicle size is 21 mm & other 17 mm. I got an injection to rupture the egg at 6 pm on the same day. We had intercourse on that night. On 18th morning 10-11 am I got ovulation pains. No intercourse on that day as suggested by Dr. On 19th I had iui at 11 am and after few min I underwent scan which showed one ruptured follicle & 17 mm follicle. Please let me know if this timing is correct for iui? What are the chances of conceiving? What is the best time for iui? Before ovulation or after ovulation? Will my 17 mm follicle wil also gets ruptured?
My wife is 31 years old n 15 weeks 3 days pregnant. Recently we did ultrasound and it was found that her" placenta is anteriorly placed with lower pole abutting the internal os. Kindly advice do'd & dont's.
I am suffering from white discharge problem since last 6 months. Please suggest remedy. I'm 24 years old & weight is 45kg. & unmarried.
After Having a meal, how much gap should be there to have a sex? OR It is better to have sex with an empty stomach?
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.