Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rani Daman
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rani DamanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/ mam, actually am facing periods problem. I am having hypo thyroid and pcod problem as well. Please suggest med wat to do in this condition. I got my last period on 2nd may and I had bleeding fr only one day still am feeling the same stomach and back pain.
The abrupt change of temperature is the major culprit causing and precipitating asthma and allergic rhinitis. Try your best to avoid exposure to the extreme and sudden variation of temperature while bathing, eating, drinking and sleeping, use nothing too hot in cold weather and nothing too chilled in hot weather. Variation of more than 20 degrees centigrade of temperature causes immunological injury to life force and causes over-sensitisation of the living being. Hence body overreacts to allergens and results in allergic diseases like sneezing and running nose asthma etc.
2. Restrict diet
Avoid (if possible) or at least minimise eating rice, banana and colocasia roots (arvi) during severe sneezing, difficulty in breathing, severe coughing and running nose (arvi). Also, avoid specific edibles which make you worse.
3. Regular exercise
Maintain regular symptom limited exercise (as per age of patient). Walk for 45 minutes or more daily.
4. Anti-inflammatory drugs
Avoid all pain killer and fever pills such as salicylic acid (aspirin-disprin), paracetamol (crocin), nemuselide (nemulid, nice), ibuprofen (brufen, combiflam etc.) except for high grade fever. All such type of medicines cause bronchospasm (constriction of air passage) and lead to asthma.
5. Don't overreact
Slight running nose and sneezing in asthmatic patients ameliorate their difficulty in breathing. Do not suppress minor sneezing and running nose unnecessarily with anti allergic medicines.
6. No to perfumes
Avoid all sorts perfume scented items such as deodorants, toothpaste, soaps, shampoo, oils etc.
7. Dust mites
Beware of house dust mites and storage mites hidden in quilts, carpets, mattresses, pillows, storage of bed, almirah, old forgotten books and clothes. House dust is the most common cause to precipitate allergic symptoms because the majority of the human population has developed antibodies against antigens derived from dead and live house and storage dust mites. Use all washable beddings instead of heavy mattresses, washable bed linen and quilts.
During intercourse sperm release in my vagina. Do not want pregnancy I hv 9 mnth girl child .how I know pregnancy occur or not. Last period 26 august. How I get rid of this problem .during intercourse condom got tear.
Orthopedic disorders include all the health issues and ailments that are related to the muscles, joints and ligaments. Orthopedic disorders are so widespread and so large in number that it is very difficult to list all of them down. However, among them the four most common orthopedic disorders are:
- Arthritis: It is a chronic and a long lasting orthopedic disorder in which you witness the swelling or inflammation of one or more joints in the body. This condition is very painful in nature and it tends to deteriorate gradually. This condition usually affects elderly people and it also worsens with age which ultimately causes stiffness of the joints and limits your routine body movements.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint disorder which leads to immense pain and discomfort in the joints of the body. This is one of the most serious forms of orthopedic disease that has been noticed. This disease involves degradation and decline in the overall quality of the bones and joints in the affected areas.
- Lower back pain: This condition refers to periods of pain and discomfort in the lower part of your spinal area. This condition is very common nowadays and as a result of this pain, your back usually becomes tender, swollen and stiff. This pain also stops you from doing your overall routine activities.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an orthopedic disorder in which there is severe swelling in a particular joint, accompanied by small lumps on the affected area that further degrade the external appearance of the skin. In case of adults, this disorder lasts for a lifetime and worsens with time, if left untreated.
Related Tip: "4 Common Orthopedic Problems Faced By Aged People"
Use a cast iron pan for cooking whenever possible (while using tomato sauces and other acidic and moist foods. I read this somewhere and here I have a doubt, actually everybody says not to cook acidic foods like tomato etc. And moist like gravies of Indian curries (with acidic contact too) in an iron pan. So is this should not be obeyed during pregnancy, or does it have good effects during pregnancy, can you please help me understanding this. Thank you.
I'm planning for a baby. My wifes reports are normal. My semen analysis has a good count but very low motility and dead sperms are 75%, which I think is a reason that I did not have baby so far. I am taking ferbomid 25 and paternia xt tablets as per doctor's advise. One month I took the medicine n then stopped it. But no luck. Can you please suggest something to me.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.