Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rangaraju Ranga RaoYour feedback matters!
I went to my doctor and she said that a PSA is needed for screening purposes. I asked why and she said that TRT can cause cancer. I told her I have heard nothing of this and if it does I would have never started it. I have read that being on TRT can fuel cancer that is already there making it grow.
I am a 19 years old girl and I am in a Physical Relation with my partner, he sucks my breasts, nipples a lot and sometime we were doing this on daily basis and I have experienced some liquid discharging from my Breasts Nipples, I also got worried but then it stopped but then it again start then it stopped and now a days, its kind a different that whenever I press my breasts, the liquid got discharged from my Nipples and my both nipples as 2 - 3 small holes also I do not think it is normal to have 2, 3 holes in 1 Nipple I am kinda tensed now. That what is going on. And I am kinda scared too that how I can tell these so personal things to some DOCTOR face to face and and I also want to tell that I also get pregnant in 2015 15th September then I went to abortion also so I told everything which I think can be related to my problem so any DOC can advice me best. I really want to thank Lybrate that I can post questions anonymously.
Homeopathic treatments heal a disorder by inducing diluted symptoms of the same disorder to treat it. There are treatments in homeopathy which are used in treating cancer. These treatments adopt multiple approaches to treating cancer such as inducing similar symptoms to treat the disorder or strengthening the elimination systems (kidney, liver and lymphatic system).
Some remedies used for treating cancer by following the principles of classical Homeopathy are-
1. Lapis Albus - This treatment is usually used in treating cases of breast cancer and malignant growths in the uterus.
2. Conium - Conium is used in treating cancers related to the genital area such as testicles and uterus.
3. Hecla lava - Hecla lava is used in the treatment of bone cancer.
4. Arsenicum - Arsenicum is used to treat almost all cancer-related disorders. It helps in easing symptoms of psychological fear that cancer patients have. It also detoxifies the body and eases the stress from the kidneys and nervous system.
5. Phytolacca - Phytolacca is used when malignant tumors occur in fat based tissues. They are also used in treating fibroids tumors in the uterus and hard tumors in the breast.
6. Condurango - Cancers related to the stomach respond well to this treatment. It is also helpful in treating symptoms of cancer that form in the epithelial cells of the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
Please let me know what is the symptoms of a throat cancer and is massive smoking cause this disease?
My mom is an cancer patient. Now a days she is suffering from teeth ache. Can I get the correct suggestion to proceed further.
I am a male aged 58. I have prostate problem with a slow speed urination. If I will not urinate when I feel to do so, urination will happen only in installments. I have no sleep problem or other symptoms of this disease. Can any medication improve my urination speed. My disease is almost 6 years old.
Hello sir. I am 37 and diagnosed with stage 1ovarian cancer. Operated .Got six sessions of chemotherapy. And now cancer free. Before operation I had a blood filled mole at the front of foot thumb as I read somewhere that it is a first symbol of cancer. As it is dried little bit. I want to know is there any problem with this mole? As I want to remove it. And secondly can I get marry?
I am a cancer patient (breast, Stage II). I have completed all treatments for the last 2 1/2 years ago. Doctors operated by only partially (only affected area). The whole part are not remove. Cancer cells are again formed? Or not formed?
How cancer occurs and how can we know that. What are the tips to identify and how we can cure that. Is there any cure for cancer?
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.
My father is having stage 4 colon cancer and he is having chemotherapy. Cancer spread over liver and lung lower left part. He is confident. What is the success rate and life expectancy?
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers