Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Randeep SolankiYour feedback matters!
Sir my father has suffered with paralysis and he is not recovering easily can you tell me valuable suggestion.
My hands and feet have numbness on and off even if a raise by hands or feet for few seconds. I haven't felt this before but now I am. Is this normal or I need to consult.
Hi. I'm 26 and I want to know about body tremors. I have low blood pressure and sometimes my hands tremble so much but during the past one year I've also experienced body tremor. When I ask my relatives they semi to not see it. But inside I can feel my body is not stable at all. Especially in the morning when I wake up I experience tremor. Pls enlighten.
He is suffering from parkinson. How can we improve his voice because it's not clearly understood what he speaks.
Hello Sir, I am 25 years old male. And I have been suffering from severe back pain, neck stiffness, sometimes headaches too. I got my mri ct scan done but no bone deformity appeared in it. This pain n neck stiffness is there from last 2 years. and condition has now worsened as there are some kind of movements in my nerves. Sometimes on cheek. Sometimes on shoulders. Sometimes on thighs. Sometimes on my palms too. Actually there is a very rapid movement of nerves below my skin and it happens anytime. I am not able to bend for more than 5 mins to iron my clothes or even I can't sit for more than 5-10 mins without a back support. Can you please tel me what's the main problem that's troubling me.
I'm 32 years old female. I used to have tremor in my right hand while putting signature in presence of some one especially in formal occasions. My handwriting also will not be good at that time. I am not experiencing this discomfort when I am alone. How can I get rid of this situation?
My hands are shaking while eating or holding an object. Though I can't notice it. My friends do. Please help me if I have any problem.
Dementia is a general classification of brain disease that causes a long haul and the frequent steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall. This causes negative influence a man's every day functioning. Other normal manifestations include issues with dialect and a lessening in motivation. An individual's sense of awareness is not influenced. It affects the person’s thinking, language, sense of judgement and behavior. Major cases of dementia are degenerative in nature and cannot be treated.
Homeopathy is an effective and trusted form of medicine used in the treatment of dementia. A holistic approach is used in homeopathy, which ensures the removal of all signs and symptoms of any disorder. Homeopathic medicines do not only treat dementia, but also address the underlying causes.
Here is a list of important homeopathic medicines and the cases of dementia when they are used.
Nux Vom: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of dementia where the patient is extremely sensitive to the words and actions of others and is always seeking attention. There is suicidal tendency in the patient and he also is inclined towards killing friends. Although suicidal, the patient does not have the courage to perform the act. Extreme irritation is noticed. The patient becomes vindictive and quarrelsome in nature.
Mercurius: This homeopathic medicine is given to patients with dementia who have lost all sense of decency. They become filthy and develop a groveling mentality. Memory weakens to a great extent and the patient has problems with vision, unpleasant breath odour and a heavily coated tongue.
Ignatia: This homeopathic medicine is given to people who have extreme sensitivity of the mind, which further leads to depression and grief. This may occur due to failure in love relationships.
Calcaria Carb: Calcaria Carb is an effective homeopathic medicine used in cases of dementia where the brain and other organs do not develop properly. The patient becomes forgetful and very slow in learning something.
Lycopodium: This medicine is used when the dementia affected people experience great depression, become despondent and constantly worry about themselves and their activities. They become fearful, irritable and angry. Constipation is also observed in such cases.
Staphisagria: Staphisagria is used to treatment dementia characterized by sleeplessness. The patient becomes cowardly and is full of shamefulness, disgust, humiliation and shyness. He would rather be alone than have company.
Chamomilla: This is another homeopathic medicine for treating dementia with acute sensitiveness. Irritation and peevishness are common, and the patient tends to get angry very easily.
Among the various forms of medicines and treatments for dementia, homeopathy is the most natural and effective remedy. There are homeopathic medicines developed for all types of dementia cases, which work proficiently. However, it is still advisable that without consulting your doctor, you must never take a medicine.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
A mental condition that takes shape during early childhood, Autism is identified by characteristics like difficulty in communication, the use of language, understanding abstract concepts and building bonds with other people. This brain development disorder is also characterized by the performance of repetitive behaviors in the affected individual.
Homeopathy approach in treating Autism
Diagnosis of the condition by a homeopath requires the adoption of an extensive and intensive approach. From collecting detailed information about symptoms like a reaction to vaccines, thermal sensitivities and medical history of the family to understanding sleep postures; treatment of this condition requires an understanding of every vital factor associated with the condition. The hardcore approach is vital for understanding the stimulus/response connection of symptoms. This is because whenever an autistic child undergoes stressful situations, the reaction is a sign that a homeopath cannot ignore. By completely understanding the cycle of stress and reaction, a homeopath can only be able to suggest the right treatment program.
What about the remedies prescribed for treating the condition?
Being a holistic branch of medicine, homeopathy takes into account the complete physical as well as the mental makeup of the individual. Additionally, in this alternative medicine, the homeopath also takes into consideration the details of the disease while recommending remedies. Remedies like Carcinocin, Secretin and Thuja are favored the most for treating the condition. At the same time, the appropriate remedies are recommended after having a thorough understanding as to whether the individual falls within the constitutional makeup of the remedies considered.
Another essential aspect of this branch of medicine in the treatment of this brain development disorder is the practice of using LM potencies (homeopathic medicines on the last scale of potencies). These remedies are not only acted faster but are also gentler compared to others. They have been found to be very effective in preventing the individual from falling prey to the old symptoms and can be frequently repeated as well as used for a long time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hi, recently my father met with an accident and got severe head injury. He was admitted in aiims trauma centre for 10 days. At the time of admission his stage was m5 and at the time of discharge it was m6. Now he recognizing many things and goo din memory but still he behaves impatiently and his voice is more like a child. His age is 53 and he is a diabetic patient too. Also his sugar his high 163 fasting and 285 pp. It's just one month passed away. Could you please tell me when he'll become completely fit and ready to go office and all.
Sir one of my friend had got paralysis attack and his left hand fingers stopped working doctor said there was a clot in brain. Now he is fine. Can he drink alcohol.
What should I do to have a good and pleasant sex. Next I'm age of 45 and my wife is of 43 I enjoy sex much but she being tired of whole day work doesn't agree to do sex . What can be the best suggestion as well as please guide me how to make my wife agree for sex. One more thing is doing sex gives relieve from certain disease like migraine headache or constipation . Kindly advice.
Time is most critical part in nerve injury treatment.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, nausea and vomiting. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.