Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Randeep SinghYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I had a little pain in one of my breast but pain was not too much but do not know why I am soo scared off.
My friend is suffering from stomach cancer. Its bread beyond d inner lining of stomach. N do not want to go for chemotherapy. Doctors advice surgery. Please tell me the procedure of surgery. She is v.scared. I she getting full anesthesia? Is it a major surgery. Her tumor is also bleeding in between.
I am Aslam aged 60. My prostate is enlarged in size and measures 4.1*4.4*3.9cm vol 36.9cc Impression: prostatomegaly bilateral large simple renal cortical cyst what should I do?
I am having slightly enlarged prostate. I am taking alfusin 10 mg. Kindly advice any exercises to do or any home remedy. Can the enlargement de reduced? Thanks.
I have one question about cancer how its comes into the bady I did not expect my frnd suffer from cancer.
My mother got non hodgkin lymphoma before 2 years and now it is cured, but in recent pet scan report there are some findings of neoplastic lymph nodes in left axillary region with suv max of 5.8,will all neoplastic lymph nodes be cancerous? Is the cancer getting repeated?
Head and neck cancers usually start in the squamous cells and are also referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. It occurs in the nose, throat, mouth and salivary glands. Head and Neck cancers are further classified into various categories on the basis of the area of the neck and head where they occur. Although head and neck cancers are different, they both occur inside the mouth, sinuses, nose, salivary glands and throat, which are considered as a group.
Salivary gland cancers are generally very infrequent. An assortment of cancer causing cells is present in salivary glands, so various types of salivary gland cancers have been found to occur.
If you are habituated to consuming tobacco and alcohol, then you are at the highest risk of suffering from head and neck cancer; however, it can also be caused in people who suffer from infections caused by human Papilloma virus. Other factors may include:
- Oral health- Untreated gum diseases and oral cavity can be the reasons behind the development of the disease.
- Sex- Women are less prone to head and neck cancers than men.
- Lack of Nutrition- If your body is lacking in certain nutrients; you are more likely to catch the disease.
- Age- People above 40 years of age are more susceptible to head and neck cancer.
- Difficulty in swallowing- Inflammation and pain in throat, leading to a problem in swallowing.
- Hoarse Voice- Hoarseness or change in the voice.
Apart from this, there are some symptoms which show up in a specific area of your head and neck, such as:
- Oral Cavity- A red or white patch on the tongue, the gums or the lining of the mouth.
- Pharynx- Trouble in breathing and swallowing followed by a frequent headache.
- Surgery- Surgery is usually to remove the primary tumour in toto or as much as feasible. Also, clearence of the lymph nodes that are involved is done during surgery at the same time.
- Radiation Therapy- Radiation therapy is considered where functions like speech can be conserved.
- Chemotherapy- Radiotherapy in combination with chemotherapy can help, if you are suffering from a more advanced form of head and neck cancers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
(less commonly prostatosis) is inflammation of the prostate gland. Prostatitis is classified into acute, chronic, asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Prostatitis is diagnosed in 8 percent of all urologist visits and 1 percent of all primary care physician visits
Carrot juice: a glass of carrot juice taken separately or in combination with spinach juice (in 3: 2 ratio), twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis and other prostrate diseases.
Tomato: tomato contains vital antioxidants that help fight bacterial infection. It also contains bioflavonoid lycopene, which helps decrease incidence of urination. Thus tomato is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Cranberries: cranberries are a rich in antioxidants and other natural compounds which are very effective in treatment of urinary tract disorders like prostatitis. Cranberries have also been found effective in prostrate cancer.
Watermelon seeds: seeds of watermelon contain certain vital unsaturated fatty acids, which helps maintain ph level in of the urinary tract and bladder which is essential for maintaining a healthy prostrate. Watermelon seeds are recommended as a natural cure for prostatitis.
Papaya: papaya is a rich source ofbioflavonoid lycopene which is very essential for maintaining good prostrate health. This makes papaya an excellent home remedy for prostatitis.
Turmeric roots: the root of turmeric plant contains curcumin, which is a powerful anto toxin and helps alleviate inflammation of prostrate. A decoction made by boiling turmeric root in watecr when taken in 100 ml dosage, twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Diet comprising of steamed vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains and soy are effective in treatment of prostatitis.
Drink plenty of water (at least 10 glasses a day to increase flow of urine).
Foods to be avoided:
Spicy food and condiments
Food containing excessive starch (rice, barley, cornmeal, rye, breads, oatmeal,)
All kinds of meat (red meat is a strict no)
Food containing white refined sugar (sweets, candies, pie, cake etc)
Tea, coffee and alcohol
Excess salty food.