Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramniwas Prasher
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Treatment of Spondylosis
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Submit a review for Dr. Ramniwas PrasherYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It may sound queer, but it is true, testicular trauma is a condition wherein one or both the testicles experience an injury. Any kind of accident can lead to testicular injuries. Although some common ones include:
- Bicycle or motorbike injuries
- Being hit by a football or a cricket ball
- Being kicked
Other few and severe causes of injury include bullet wounds, animal bites, injuries or accidents because of the wrong usage of tools or machinery. Not surprisingly, it can happen during sexual intercourse too.
The types of testicular injuries
Testicular trauma can be of various types. Some typical ones include:
- Rupture: Also known as testicular rupture, such injuries involve tearing of the coarse, protective layer around the testicles.
- Fracture: In such cases, the testicular tissue breaks down, causing excruciating pain.
- Contusion: When an accident causes an injury to the blood vessels, it can lead to contusion.
- Infection: Insect bites to the scrotum can cause infections.
Symptoms of testicular injuries
As you might recall from prior experience, a testicular injury causes crunching pain within the scrotum. Pain in the abdomen might also accompany the above mentioned symptom. Some further symptoms include:
- Feeling nauseated
- Sustaining bruises or swelling of the scrotum
- Experiencing difficulty while urinating (although this is not common)
- Fever (this is uncommon as well)
Some serious injuries can also cause sexual problems and even fertility issues.
Diagnosis and treatment
Most minor injuries get healed within minutes or hours. But for any serious injury sustained, you have to visit a doctor. The doctor would ask you questions regarding how and when it occurred after which you could be advised to go through imaging and ultrasound tests. After diagnosing the extent of the condition, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics or other medications. Although home remedies such as applying ice packs on the affected area also helps.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!