Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramneek Varma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ramneek VarmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Ramneek Varma doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Ramneek Varma - Residence Clinic. During the treatment, my Ramneek Varma supported me a lot. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my gain weight, but he has helped me immensely. With the help of his treatment for gain weight I am feeling so great.
Due to over alcohol consumption i developed the problem of alcohol liver consumption.dr Ramneek Varma with great ease handled my serious case with ease.I was having very bad thoughts regarding my problem.Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, he still takes my call in case of any emergency.Thanks to him that the treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. He can be consulted at Ramneek Varma - Residence Clinic in Delhi NCR
I was suffering from body weakness for which I chose to consult Dr Ramneek. Though he is not from our city, but he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is a very practical doctor. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted him. The tips he gave for staying healthy were very helpful and I am much better than before.
One of my colleague referred Dr Ramneek as I was suffering from swelling. I am so thankful to Dr Ramneek for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. His treatmnet suited me the best.
I visited Ramneek Varma - Residence Clinic in Delhi to meet dr Ramneek Varma for taking medicines for my issue of back pain which wasnt healing even after continuious remedies that I tried. To my wonder within one week of the treatment I have noticed changes in my pain and I am feeling a lot better with his treatment. Thanks to him.
I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Varma and the leg pain treatment I didn't lose hope. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted him.
I was admitted to the Ramneek Varma - Residence Clinic in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. Ramneek Varma has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Never thought I will suffer from something neck pain like this. He is a very practical doctor.
Never thought I will suffer from penis pain like this. The waiting area in the Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. I was suffering from penis pain for such a long time. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. Someone from the office, referred usDr Ramneek Varma.
It is important for you to know about inflammatory bowel disease or IBD, it is a group of intestinal disorders, which leads to prolonged inflammation of your digestive tract. The digestive tract is made of the mouth, stomach, oesophagus, small intestine and large intestine. It performs the task of breaking down food, removing unusable materials and waste products, and for breaking down nutrients from food. Inflammation along with the digestive tract causes disruption in this process. IBD is a fatal condition which can be life threatening in some cases.
Major types of inflammatory bowel disease
The term inflammatory bowel disease is an umbrella term under which many diseases are included. The two major and most common diseases under IBD are ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae) can lead to inflammation in any part of your digestive tract. It commonly affects the small intestine’s tail end. In case of ulcerative colitis, inflammation takes place in the large intestine.
Causes of IBD
Although the exact cause of IBD is not known, several factors may lead to this condition. They are as follows:
- Genetics: You are more likely to develop IBD if someone in your family has the disease. This is because of the genetic component of IBD.
- The immune system: The body’s immune system plays a role in IBD. Usually, your immune system defends your body from pathogens. A bacterial or viral infection in the digestive tract may lead to an immune response. The digestive tract becomes inflamed as the body fights against the bacteria or viruses. The inflammation goes away when the infection is gone.
However, in the case of IBD, the digestive tract inflammation may occur without any infection. Your immune system attacks your body’s cells. This is called an autoimmune response. IBD can also occur when the infection is cured, but the inflammation remains.
The various symptoms of IBD depend on the severity and location of the inflammation. They are as follows:
- Diarrhoea which occurs when the bowel cannot reabsorb water.
- Bleeding ulcers which cause blood to show up in your stool.
- Stomach pain, bloating and cramping because of bowel obstruction.
- Weight loss and anaemia, which leads to delayed development and growth in children.
- In patients with Crohn’s disease, canker sores may develop in the mouth.
- Ulcers and fissures may appear on the anus or genital area.
- IBD may also be associated with problems such as eye inflammation, arthritis and skin disorders.
The major complications which may arise from IBD include colon cancer, malnutrition with weight loss, fistulas, intestinal rapture and bowel obstruction. It is important for you to consult a doctor on noticing any of the IBD symptoms.
Do you have a habit of secretly picking your nose? Sounds dirty? Yes! Although most of you secretly enjoy doing it, nobody likes to admit it and is a common bad habit. There is a certain amusement to it and people seem to enjoy picking their nose. However, on top of being a very unhealthy and unhygienic habit, it is harmful to the body as well. Not only does the habit looks gross, but it also leaves the door open for dangerous bacteria to enter your nose.
Why should you stop picking your nose?
Picking your nose is quite dangerous for your body, as your fingers contain many harmful germs, which are transmitted to your nostrils when you are digging into your nose. A specific germ known as Staphylococcus aureus lives in the front part of your nose and can make you seriously ill. Combining the habit of nose picking along with the germs may lead to the development of abrasions. These abrasions can bleed and become a breeding ground for even more germs. As a result, the crust and irritation increase, as you keep on picking your nose. Based on where you are and what you have touched with your hands, some seriously dangerous germs may enter your body, causing health hazards and complications.
Children are notorious by nature and it is very common among children to pick their nose resulting in nose bleeding. The blood supply to the nose is quite vigorous in nature and there are five arteries that reach to the front part of the nose or Kisselbach’s plexus. When an abrasion takes place, there are chances of severe bleeding, due to damage to these fragile arteries.
Other reasons why you should not pick your nose
Picking your nose may lead to the development of pimples in the nose hair follicles.
In case a small pimple in the nose develops into a boil, the infection may travel to the brain through your bloodstream.
In case you are suffering from cold and your sinus is blocked, picking your nose may lead to the development of sinusitis. This happens because of the introduction of various bacteria present beneath your fingernails into the nose. They may proceed to the sinus cavity from your nose. And, due to insufficient drainage, the bacteria will multiply and cause a sinus infection.
Picking your nose on a regular basis makes your nose a breeding ground for dangerous germs. If you do not wash your hands after picking your nose, these germs may be transmitted to others.
If you feel some irritation in your nose or a constant stuffiness, you should use a tissue paper to soothe your nostrils. Avoid using your fingers for picking and if the irritation lasts even after cleaning it, you should consult a doctor.
Did you notice blood from your gums in the morning while brushing or flossing? There are plenty of reasons behind bleeding gums. Some may be temporary while some may be severe. Here are some reasons which may be responsible for the bleeding of your gums.
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is the first and most initial stage of infection in the gums. A small amount of plaque and poor hygiene results in this condition which often leads to bleeding gums especially when you brush your teeth. But since this is the initial stage, brushing your teeth twice a day and maintain proper oral hygiene will cure the bleeding gums.
- Plaque: When plaque build-up on your gums becomes too much, it makes the gums come out from the teeth, and a gap develops thus causing bleeding. In the pockets that are formed between the gums and teeth, germs start accumulating. These germs start attacking the teeth and gums. When more and more germs accumulate, the bleeding also increases. With time this plaque become hard. The hardened plaque is called tartar. This stage is actually the second stage of gingivitis and is called the periodontitis.
- Medication: People who take medication for blood thinning usually experience bleeding gum problems. But you must be thinking how medicines can lead to bleeding gums? But the thing is that these medicines stop the blood from clotting and thus bleeding becomes much easier. If you face such a condition, pay a visit to your doctor and tell him about your medications.
- Change in Flossing Routine: A change in the regular flossing routine can also cause lead to bleeding gums. This has been reported in many patients. Suppose you haven’t flossed you teeth in the past few days or week and then you suddenly start your routine all over again then you are bound to have bleeding gums because your gums were habituated to a certain routine which you changed abruptly. The same condition will arise if you suddenly start flossing more times a day than you used to. Nothing unusual is good for your teeth. You should always be on a constant and regular flossing routine. However, bleeding due to flossing won’t continue forever.
- Change in Toothbrush: A change in your toothbrush may also lead to bleeding of gums. This happens because when you use a toothbrush for a considerable period, it becomes soft, but when you start using the new one, it is usually harder than the old one. This causes the gums to bleed. So always use a soft toothbrush, and if you are not so confident about the type of toothbrush you should use, talk to your dentist about it.
- Pregnancy: A type of gingivitis results at the time of pregnancy. Women experience bleeding from their gums and the gums swell considerably which happens mostly due to hormonal changes.
You should never give any unnecessary pressure on your gums and maintain a proper oral hygiene.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
While the very mention of the word ‘Fart’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & any other daily habit you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when the air is trapped within your body. We sometimes swallow air during eating or it is produced from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can actually be a good thing. Don’t think so? Well read more to know.
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but when used in small amount, it is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart diseases and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide is also known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids.
No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Most people have experienced stomach ache at some point in their lives. People who are affected with digestive disorders suffer from reduction in the digestion potential, which leads to insufficient conversion of nutrients to usable forms. There is a wide range of stomach disorders that people suffer from, ranging from the functional disorders to irritable bowel syndromes to constipation and several others.
Functional disorders of the stomach
Functional disorders of the stomach occur when the bowel movement appears normal, yet they do not function in the proper way. It is one of the most common gastro-intestinal problems and affects the rectum and colon, including constipation. It is mainly caused due to various reasons like regular consumption of a diet containing low fibre content, not getting enough exercise, and consuming a large amount of dairy products. You are likely to suffer from functional disorders of the stomach when you are stressed or resisting the urge of a bowel movement. Some people have the tendency of consuming laxatives without following any kind of regulation, and it leads to weakening of the stomach muscles in the course of time, and gastro-intestinal issues.
Common problem of constipation
Constipation is basically the restricted bowel movement and is caused due to an insufficient amount of roughage or fibre in the diet. It causes an individual to strain while passing stools and leads to hard and small stools, and eventually causes chronic problems like fissures and haemorrhoids. You can avoid these issues by including more roughage in your diet and by exercising daily. Although laxatives can alleviate the condition, it is crucial to understand that it is not a permanent solution, and you must consult your doctor for a sustainable solution.
Getting rid of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Also referred to as spastic colon, IBS is a clinical condition where the colon muscles can contract almost instantly. There are numerous factors that can lead to this problem, such as certain medicines and foods as well as emotional stress. The most commonly seen symptoms are abdominal cramps and pains, excessive gas formation and bloating, and alterations in bowel habits. If you are suffering from IBS, then it is important to stay away from caffeine at all cost. Also monitor the foods that trigger IBS and stay away from them.
If these remedies are not able to offer a solution to your suffering, then it is crucial to speak with your doctor and seek treatment to get rid of your stomach problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
June 14, is celebrated around the world as the World Blood Donor Day every year. The event, established in 2004, helps raise awareness about the need for safe blood and blood products like platelets. This day is observed to thank all the blood donors worldwide for their voluntary, life-saving gift of blood.
Why should you donate blood?
You may not know this but blood donation by just 1% of the population can meet a nation’s requirements for blood. Blood transfusion can save lives and improves health this is a fact that we all know and acknowledge, but many patients requiring transfusion do not get timely access to safe blood, resulting in preventable death.
You would not wish such a death on our near and dear ones, would you?
This is the reason why healthy, voluntary donors like you and us must donate blood regularly. Voluntary, unpaid blood donors are also the backbone of a country’s blood donor base as they are the safest group of donors with the lowest prevalence of blood borne infections like hepatitis and HIV. Low risk populations are people who do not indulge in high-risk activities like unprotected sex, drug use etc. The World Health Organization’s goal is for all countries to obtain their entire blood supplies through voluntary unpaid donors.
Blood transfusion is needed for:
- Women with complications during pregnancy, like ectopic pregnancies, also called high-risk pregnancies, and hemorrhage before, during or after childbirth
- Anaemic children due to malaria or malnutrition
- People with severe trauma due to accidents and natural disasters
- Complex medical and surgical procedures like for cancer
- Regular blood transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell anemia, a disease where the blood can’t transmit enough oxygen to body cells.
- To make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia
- Fresh blood is needed all the time because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use.
Hence, regular blood donations by an optimum number of blood donors who are healthy are required to ensure that safe blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- Indeed, blood is the most precious gift that you can give to another person. It’s a gift of life.
- Your decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several lives. This can happen if your blood is separated into its components like red blood cells, platelets and plasma. These can be used individually for patients with specific conditions like platelets can be used for treating dengue because this viral infection can damage one’s blood platelets.
Need another reason to donate blood?
Well, you can get a number of health benefits when you donate blood. You will receive a mini physical at the time of blood donation to check your:
• Haemoglobin levels
• Blood pressure
• Body temperature
And contrary to belief, your body replaces the blood lost at the time of a donation effortlessly and without any harm to your system. So donate blood regularly and save lives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
It is important to note that there are certain signs, which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think:
- Fatigue: Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
- Reduction in appetite: A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. A reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
- Muscle aches: Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
- Fever: A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
- Swollen neck glands: The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses, which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Cleaning your refrigerator can be the difference between good health and bad health. Most of the times, you may neglect cleaning inside your fridge or just randomly stock up your fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. Unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment. Following are the reasons why keeping your fridge will make you healthy:
- Prevent growth of bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Organization of foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Get rid of expired or rotten food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
- Temperature control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Stomach problems are one of the most common issues you face. Irrespective of what your age is, it is highly likely that you have an upset stomach once in while. A stomach upset has a distinguishable characteristic - that stomach linings as well as the small and large intestines tend to swell. This is called inflammation. The following are the most common causes of an upset stomach.
Viruses are the most common causes of an upset stomach. It is highly likely that your stomach upset is because of a virus since there are so many types of them.
2. Parasites or bacteria like Salmonella and Escherichia coli
This is also a very common cause of stomach upset. Salmonella infections are usually caused by eating raw eggs, meat and meat products whereas Escherichia coli infections come from raw vegetables as well as milk and dairy products.
3. Allergic reactions
These happen very specifically to people who have a reaction to a certain type of food.
4. Excess alcohol
Most people think that alcohol will only make you pass out or get liver cirrhosis. Many people do not know that alcohol can actually adversely affect your stomach as well.
5. Excess caffeine
Caffeine is also dangerous to your stomach as taking too much of it can cause a stomach upset.
6. Fatty foods
Fatty foods such as cheese, dark chocolates, whole eggs, fatty fish, etc. are dangerous because they are harder to digest than many other types of food. This means that eating even a small amount of fatty foods are enough to cause a stomach upset sometimes.
7. Eating too much
This is also a major cause of stomach upset simply because your stomach can only digest a certain amount of food.
You must also be able to distinguish when you have a stomach infection and when you have Chron's disease as it is basically a chronic stomach upset. Chron's disease causes the whole digestive tract to be inflamed.