Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Raminder VarshiYour feedback matters!
I am arun. I am affected with eye infections from past 15 days. Used many drops and medicines but no use. Please suggest me proper medicines. Eyes are very red.
It's been one month my eyes turn red and became swell, some times tears used to come and allot of cramps. And another problem is that I want to know how to minimise the cramps during periods (mensuration.)
My eyes are paining since a few days , will it be due to the computer screen , dust in the environment.
My head being boost by temperature. M y nose is running. My eyes become small. What is the solution.
I was operated for cataract about 9 to 10 years back. Some days back, my viewing was hampered due to some obstruction in the eye. This was diagnosed to be a Web which is common and was suggested laser. However before a laser appointment was taken the webs disappeared and I can see normally. Do I still need to undergo laser treatment or it is okay since the web has cleared.
I cannot see straight by my right doctor say that its HV one mthd by doing a simple surgery so I want to how much money it can be.
Hello sir when I go outside my eyes got red and nose is always closed I use rainoset medicine please tell me but I do now.
I have facing now a days vision problem from last two months. My left eye get starting week. So please suggest me how I will cure my eye. Which food I have to eat more and how get ma eye on full vision. I do not want use specks. So suggest me some method? And more questions is my. Whenever I try to eat banana I did vomiting. I have some allergy problem with banana. I can not even eat a single bite of banana. Why it is so.
Dear sir, mam I want to sell my so body part in which absence I could be alive. I needed money urgent basis because my father is very serious I have not a little money. I am 26 years old. I never smoke and drunk I am very simple person. I am 100% fit &health about my body. For kidney, eye any other parts & kindly tell me that how many amount I can get for the same.
I am suffering for my eyes last two days, some red mark in my eyes and my seen ability is getting lower. Now, what can I do?
Sir I have hair fall problem and I get pain in my eyes whenever I study in the class. And also I feel tired when I come back from school. What should I do.
Actually I'm feeling tired ness and when I get up I feel blackness while opening my eyes so what should I do.
The eyebrow portion of the right eyes pains frequently after travelling during noon times. The problem has started from last 2-3 years but now as the time is passing the pain has lessen. Any other way to cure it faster also if you can let me know the reason for it.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.