Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Garg
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh GargYour feedback matters!
I think I am suffer from IBS becz sometimes I have to go latrine 2 or 3 times in day after held a lunch and dinner? What is the problems behind this? I consult one doctor they ask me to that it is because of your weak of intestine. please suggest me.
My question is the gastric problem which I am going through after chikungunya in the months of August and September kindly tell what to do.
I am 27 years male. height is 157 cm and weight is 82 kg. My problem is, if I had little food my stomach will feel full and it will feels like my stomach is blowing out. Even am doing regular work outs but my stomach remains same. I dn't knw whether it is gastritis r nt. Please suggest me how to solve my problem.
I have been diagnosed now with grade 1 fatty liver and small 4mm calculus in left kidney. 2 years ago it was mild fatty lever. For the past 3 years the stone size is constant. What are the natural ways to cure this? What are the diet restrictions? Am I going to die?
Acidity is an ailment that troubles most people regardless of the absence of any other medical condition. It causes discomfort in the chest region along with heart burn and indigestion. If you are distressed with acidity, you may consider undergoing ayurvedic treatment which would help in alleviating the problem to a great extent-
1. Tulsi leaves:
- Tulsi leaves help in stimulating the stomach for production of more mucus and are also rich in anti-ulcer properties which cause a significant reduction in the effects of gastric acid.
- It is recommended to chew 5 to 6 clean Tulsi leaves when you have acidity to soothe the stomach.
- The potassium content in ripe bananas helps in eliminating sudden bouts of acidity.
- Bananas also aid in relieving constipation problems and cause healthy bowel movement.
3. Cumin seeds:
- Cumin seeds which are commonly used in cooking dishes have anti-inflammatory properties that aid in soothing the digestive tract.
- These stimulate saliva production, boost metabolism and relieve the problem of bloating along with other discomforts caused by gastric troubles.
- You may chew a few cumin seeds when troubled with acidity or boil them in water and drink the solution.
4. Cold milk:
- The richness of calcium in milk aids in reducing acid problems and absorbing the acid which has already been produced.
- It helps in providing instant relief from the burning sensation owing to its coldness.
- But it is important to drink it plain without any additives like sugar.
- Cloves are known for their calmative properties which help to improve the process of peristalsis by which food moves down the stomach.
- When you put a clove in your mouth, just bite it once to help in releasing the extracts which would reach your digestive tract and immediately lower down the acid reflux.
- If you do not find raw ginger to be very pungent, you can keep a candied ginger slice in your mouth for instant relief from acidity.
- If you feel that you wouldn’t be able to chew raw ginger, you can boil it in water and drink it after it cools down.
- Ginger can be also eaten with a small piece of jaggery to help the juice reach the stomach and alleviate the acidity.
7. Mint leaves:
- Commonly referred to as ‘pudina’, mint leaves are known for lowering the acid content and improve digestion.
- If you feel that an acid attack is imminent, you can chop down a few mint leaves and boil it in water and drink the solution for eliminating bloating problems.
These few Ayurvedic remedies can help in soothing acidity along with its other symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!