Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Bansal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh BansalYour feedback matters!
I am 5.7 in height my weight is. 62 kg my breast size are very large I am breastfeeding my 2 nd some month old son .My breast are very loose also. Can I drink green tea other home remedies to reduce my breast size is it affect my breastfeeding.
Having good non decayed milk teeth with spacing between them is good for the child. There is a probability that if there are no spaces between milk teeth ( before 6 years of age) - the chances of having irregular teeth become more later on when the permanent teeth erupt. If there is crowding/ irregularity on the eruption of permanent teeth, it is better to show it to a Pedodontist ( Child Dental Specialist), by 7 to 8 yeras of age - who will help you and the child get the teeth into alignment without having to go through braces later on. This way there will be less chances of decay in child's milk and permanent teeth.
Benefits of Endoscopic Surgery
I’m Dr. Aparna Jain, Senior Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecologist.
We are going to discuss about Endoscopic surgery or Laparoscopic surgery in gynaecology. It is basically a pinhole surgery in which doctors don’t open the abdomen. We just put two or three small scar at the abdomen, pet par do ya teen chote scar lagate hain jiske through we can do surgeries.
Various surgeries can be performed laparoscopically or endoscopically like removal of uterus, removal of fibroids from the uterus, removal of ovarian cyst, or ovary me jo gaanth hai uske removal ke lie kar sakte hain, or removal of cyst, any type of cyst like familial cyst or atopic pregnancy i.e, pregnancy inside the fallopian tube. It is outside the uterus and it a is very life threatening condition in which we can do laparoscopic surgery and take out the embryo.
Another issue which can be solved through laparoscopy is the case of infertility. Suppose Somebody, Who is not able to conceive. If there is some problem in the fallopian tube which can be opened by Laparoscope. Endometriosis is another very important problem which leads to infertility which can be corrected laparoscopically.
These are the various conditions which can be dealt with laparoscopy without opening the abdomen. What is the advantage? Why is laparoscopic surgery better rather than opening abdomen?
It is very very important to know about it because logo ke dimag me yeh myth hota hai ki abdomen open karenge toh complete surgery hogi aur laparoscopically agar surgery karenge to wo complete nahi hoga but it is not like that. If we are doing laparoscopic surgery we are having ten times magnification in comparison to a normal eye so it will give better vision, better insight to the disease which we will be able to handle better and the scope of recovery in laparoscopic surgery is much faster than open surgery.
There is not a single large scar on the abdomen. There are multiple, two, three or sometime four scar which is 1 cm or 0.5 cm scar at the abdomen which heal so well that post of pain is very very little after laparoscopic surgery. One is very early, one can ambulate very fast after laparoscopic surgery in comparison to open surgeries and post of addition formation. Sometime, after doing a surgery one landed up in another surgery then, after open surgery there is lot of addition formation inside so second surgery become very difficult but in laparoscopic surgery addition formation is very little so the second surgery becomes easier if somebody has laparoscopic surgery initially. Cosmetically, it is also very good because scars are very less, very little. It is almost an invisible scar in comparison to open surgery.
If you want to consult further, want to know more about laparoscopic surgery or you have any problem, for that you want to consult, you can consult us on Lybrate website.
My baby girl is 3 months old. She suffers from acid reflux. She can't drink breast milk cries a lot when she suck milk from me. My pediatrician prescribe me to feed her expressed milk by spoon but she even can't eat by this. I am very much worried. Please kindly suggest what can I do to give relief to my baby?
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
My daughter had a bad cold and cough. please suggest some ayurvedic treatment to get rid off and also to boost her immune system.
Emotional abuse is a lesser known topic that is very important to talk about. Most individuals are oblivious to the fact that such a term even exists. This article is mainly about educating people about what emotional abuse is, how it affects children, thereby, affecting the upcoming generation altogether.
Like physical abuse, emotional abuse too is very real and harmful enough to cause enormous damage to a child’s mental health. So what exactly is emotional abuse?
Any sort of persistent, emotional neglect or emotional maltreatment can become emotional abuse to children and may cause havoc in their emotional development. The world runs at a very fast pace and parents usually are caught up in earning well for the family, raising the children properly and transforming them into respectable adults. This entire process brings about enormous stress and frustration. As such, unknowingly or knowingly, these parents end up emotionally abusing their children. No, that is not the end of it. It is not only the parents who can cause emotional abuse, but also there are numerous other factors to be considered.
So to make the explanation process easier, here are some points that explain what emotional or psychological abuse includes.
- Scaring or humiliating a child deliberately and regularly
- Isolating or ignoring a child
- Telling a child that he/she is worthless, inadequate or unloved
- Not providing the children any opportunity to express him/her by deliberately silencing them or making fun of their expression
- Age inappropriate or developmentally inappropriate expectations from children. For example, making a child believe that topping the class is necessary and is a shame otherwise.
- Overprotecting the child and hindering their exploration and learning
- Preventing them from participating in an absolutely normal social interaction. For example, asking girls not to mix with boys and punishing them for doing so.
- A child seeing or hearing utter ill-treatment of another child or person
- Serious bullying by other children and cyber bullying
- Threatening a child and calling names
- Making a child perform any sort of act that might be degrading
- Exposing a child to distressing interactions like domestic abuse or drug abuse.
- Not expressing positive or congratulatory feelings to the child
- Not showing any sort of emotional attachment or interactions with the child
- Causing physical abuse to the child.
- Trying too hard to control the child’s life and not allowing him/her to recognize their individuality.
Yes, there is no such thing as good parenting or bad parenting. However, parents need to know how much any sort of emotional abuse may affect the future development of their child.