Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raman Singh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Raman SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, and I have internal stains on my front two teeth, I consulted a doctor who advised me to go for bleaching or crowning. And recently a doctor advised me to take calc. Phos 6x. 4 tablets for 20 days before meal. What should I do?
Feeling of dry mouth, particularly left side of my tongue and neck is common, I feel something stretching also on this part while sleeping, sometimes it pains. Consulted the best ent doctors in the city in past 2 years, they say it's only infection due to spicy/oily food and sometimes smoking & sedentary lifestyle, also there's little bulge on the left tonsil gland and little swelling on the muscles, some times rashes too, please suggest some remedy.
One of the main reasons of a severe headache is a prolonged toothache. Toothaches are extremely painful and can prevent you from enjoying your food. It becomes difficult to speak if toothache is unbearable.
Causes of Toothache:
Tooth fracture resulting from an accident.
Chewing gum continuously and grinding the teeth.
How does toothache cause headache?
Sometimes, a tooth becomes very inflamed and since the nerve endings are connected to the brain, this, in turn makes the pain travel to different parts of your head. Generally, people with bad cavities or caries have major headaches and migraines.
The inside of a tooth consists of a pulp. This pulp can get infected. If this tooth happens to lie in the upper jaw, then the pain is transferred to the head which can cause a severe headache.
Headaches can also be caused by TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). This usually occurs spreading from the face, jawline and neck right up to the head. In extreme cases, the jaws might be locked up and it makes clicking or grinding noises. Misalignment of the teeth can be a cause by TMJD which in turn affects the head greatly.
- If you are detected with TMJD, your jaws need to be healed, first thing you should do is to visit an expert dentist in order to get the underlying cause of toothache treated. It is always recommended to get a proper treatment started, do not emphasize the use of self-medications.
- If the headache persists due to toothache, it is advisable to take a painkiller as prescribed by your dentist.
- Use an ice pack or a towel dipped in cold icy water, and hold it against the area of toothache. Do not put ice directly on your tooth as it might increase the pain ten folds due to tooth sensitivity.
- You can also apply numbing gel so that your tooth stops hurting. This in turn, will make your headache reduce.
- Toothache is also caused by small amounts of food which get stuck inside your teeth or between your gums, so it is necessary to clean your teeth thoroughly and floss it regularly to avoid toothache.
- Avoid chocolates and sweets. If you still get a cavity, you should visit your dentist immediately.
- Dental abscess also causes headache. In this situation, a root canal treatment is recommended.