Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raman SethiYour feedback matters!
She is 8 years old child and her growth is not normal (3" 9 inch)and she is having unwanted hairs on skin. please suggest what we can do for it.
My son age 5 years height 78cm and weight is 23 kg. His body growth is very thin and he doesn't like have any frood. He doesn't wills to consume food. We forcefully feed food. What to do for his good health any medication required.
Hi Am 1 week delivered person but still I have only little breast milk. So I can not feed my daughter till her hunger last so please tell a remedy to increase breast milk fast.
My 1 year and 5 month old baby is suffering from cough and cold. While eat he vomit with cough. Give me a solution for this.
My daughter is 8 year. Uske dil me janm se hi 13 mm ka hole hai. Jiski Myne injyographi 1 year ki thi tabhi karai thi tab se ab tak vo thik hai. Medisan me usko, Furoped syrap Tonoferan syrap De raha Hu kya ye sahi hai.
I'm 27 year old mother if a nine month old baby girl from Bangalore. Baby has four teeth up and two teeth down, she almost bites me 3 of 5 times when breast feeding, it pains a lot and burns next time when fed. I'm afraid whether she will bite or feed, I tried in quiet room, properly latched her, but same us repeated. Please help me to solve this issue, when I reacted for it, she made a nursing strike for one day, which was more painful than that, please help me.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.
What will be the suitable oil for baby massage, my baby is a month old. Some say its Coconut oil, a few suggest Olive oil, others say Sesame seed oil is the best. Please suggest, do we decide it as per weather? If yes, then what oil is best for which weather?
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.