Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raman
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RamanYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old. Since 15 days I am having pain in my knee and upper thighs during bending my knee. When I walk there is no problem. My xray are normal. I am doing physiotherapy since 10 days but no relief. When I press my upper thighs from side the pain is not there in bending. Pls help me what is the problem and treatment.
I am bed ridden with a fracture in left collar bone, right wrist and ligament injury (tear in 2 ligaments, rupture in 2) in my right leg. My next leg checkup is after 6 weeks and I'm advised to stay bed ridden until then. What type of tasks can I do in such a state that does not intervene with my healing and recovery? I wish to utilise my time without stressing myself out.
Hi, doctor mere muscle baar baar weak ho jate hai pain hota hai. Mein jab bed pe rest karta hu to lagta hai jaise bed hil raha hai. Heartbeat bhi fast ho jati hai. Calcium aur vitamin thik hai. Gas bahut banti hai. Mein nervous bhi ho jata hu. Meri jaan jane jaisa lagta hai. please suggest kare kya problem hai.
My mother aged 59 is suffering from severe knee pains from paste 5 years. She takes zerodol when pain goes unbearable. I cannot afford surgery can there be alternate medication . She weighs 90 KGS approc
I am a 37 yr old male. From last 2 years, I am experiencing continuous slight pain in my left foot and a feeling of general weakness on my left side.
I am 39 years old. I get severe pain on my right shoulder blade when sitting for a l15min and more. Also feel the pain in lower back right side. But the neck pain is very much. Kindly advice what should I do. I will be very much grateful to you.
Can I use moov/volini spray for backache. As 2 week earlier I gave birth to my child by cesarean delivery. Request pls suggest accordingly.
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!