Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raman Jeet SinghYour feedback matters!
I have oily skin. My skin is very dull. Please tell me some medicine to add natural glow on my face. And remove all the marks and remove pimple marks. Please.
Acne is a disorder of skin resulting due to blocking of pores of skin called pilosebaceous units (pilo- means related to hair and sebaceous- means related to sebum or oil). These pores contain hair follicles and oil secreating glands which lubricate the hairs and skin. When there is plugging of these pores, it leads to accumulation of sebum and bacteria begins to grow. Inflammation may set in in reponse to the bacterial growth
Causes of acne:
An increase of male sex hormone termed androgen in both boys and girls during puberty.
- Hormonal changes related to birth control pills, before a menstrual period, during pregnancy.
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Oily cosmetics.
- Pressure from sports helmet, backpacks, tight collars, etc
- Environmental irritants.
- Hard scrubbing of the skin.
- Chronic constipation
- Acne can run in families.
- Stress does not cause acne but can make it worse.
- symptoms of acne
Whiteheads: these appear when a pore is entirely blocked, trapping oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells causing a white appearance on the surface.
Blackheads: these materialize when a pore is only partially blocked, allowing the trapped oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells to slowly drain to the surface. The black color is not caused by dirt, but it a reaction of the skin’s own pigment, melanin reacting with the oxygen in the air.
Papules: these are small, inflamed, red, tender bumps with no head and are tender to touch. Pustules: this is similar to a whitehead, but is red-looking with white or yellow pus in the center.
Nodules: this is a severe kind of acne, in which the lesions are much larger, more painful, lodged deep within the skin and sometimes lasts for months, leaving scars.
Cysts: this is also a severe kind of acne and appears similar to a nodule, but larger than a pustule; the lesions are deep, pus filled, very painful and leave scars.
Homoeopathic treatment of hormones or lowered immunity or poor digestion or improper nutrition. Which attracts the bacterias and virus to cause skin lesions as immunity is low body is unable to defend itsself. So the homeopathic treatment aims to cure the internal turbulance or lower level of immune system and the cause behind the apparent disease. More often than not the external skin disease or any other visible disease is accompanied by a diseased state of mind e. G. Lack of confidence, timidity, anxietis, fears, depression etc. Mind and body are a part of one indivisible unit. The way our behavior, our temprament, emotional disturbances in life etc have a bearing on the physical being and leads to various ailments. A homeopathic remedy is selected considering the emotional state of the patient, the probable causative factors (physical or mental), general state of body and all the diseased symptoms like anaemia, lack of vitamins etc of the body. By rasing the immunity of the body same medicine is capable of eradicating various diseases present in the body at a time. Best thing is there is absolutely no side effect after treatment that why most of educated people prefer homoeopathy.
Tips to avoid acne:
- Take a warm shower to soften your skin.
- Clean skin very gently with a mild cleanser, avoid harsh scrubs.
- Use oil and alcohol free cosmetics and facial products.
- Clean all makeup at bedtime.
- Avoid irritating your facial skin by rubbing or touching it too much
- Men who have acne must shave vigilantly and gently.
- Avoid sunburn or suntan.
- Shampoo hair regularly.
- Do not squeeze, scratch or pick pimples, it may lead to infection or scarring.
- Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Wash your pillowcase often and always use clean face towels to prevent bacterial re-infection.
- Shower immediately after a workout since sweat when combines with skin oils can trap bacteria in your pores.
- Use 2-3 tsp of dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water, let it cool and then apply to your skin. Let it dry and then clean with slightly warm water.
- Paste made from mashed papaya with slight honey when used as a facial mask, will heal acne lesions.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day to detoxify your body.