Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Raman GautamYour feedback matters!
My wife aged 59 yrs old is suffering from chronic back ache and left hip pain to the knee since last 12-15 yrs. An mri taken for spine which reports as under:- vertebral bodies appear normal in height, alignment and signal inyensity. No spondylolisthesis or spondylosis. Posterior elements are normal. Disc dessication changes noted involving l5-s1. Diffuse disc bulge noted at l3-l4 and l-4l5 causing anterior thecal sac indentation causiong bilateral lateral recess at l4-l5. Facet joints are normal. Cord appears normal in bulky and signal intensity. Pre and paravertibral soft tissue are normal. Conus medullaris is normal. Impression:- diffuse disc bulge at l3-l4 and l4-l5 causing anterior thecal sac indentation and bilateral lateral recess narrowing l4-l5. Kindly give your advice.
I have suffered from a disease name anchylogy spondylitis. My HLA B27 is positive. Daily pain in my left hip. I take homeopathic medicine from 5 days. I suffering from 12 year. So please consult me better way. And my left leg different right leg. 2 cm.
66 years of age living in delhi. Had tick bite on right leg below knee 3 years ago. With prescribed medicinal regime the problem was tackled. But for past 4 weeks, I have problem of swelling in right foot below ankle due to which I have to intermittently stop 40 mins walk too. Please advise.
Hi I am 38 years old male has been suffering from continuous pain in rt thigh since 15 yrs, I was put on ca, pregabalin, vit B12, analgesic, muscle relaxant. But there was no complete cure till now, MRI, USG was normal. Tell me inv req and line of treatment.
My joint of right shoulder on back. Gvs some crackling sound sometimes while sleeping though it won't effect my regular activities. N sometimes it feels like some simple knot which disappears after a warm massage. Bt causes a kind of dscmfrt or restlessness. Fr sometime. Meanwhile m a teacher. So wanna know d reason fr ds!
Doc pls pls help me my dad had a severe pain in right hand nearer to shoulder so after consult our doc we came to know its a single block in heart so we took medicine for that issue for past 4 months. But still he had severe pain in hand in xray doc told us there is a shadowy area in right hand. Our doc he is a radiologist told us its a calcium deficiency so now my dad taking calcium tablets also. He still had the pain. I am really afraid about this. Will it be a any serious disease like cancer? Pls clear my doubt. He is also afraid about this. Pls someone help me.
I accidentally punched an iron door. It hurts me at the mcp joint from the fore finger. What measures shall I take to reduce the pain at home?
When performing simple daily activities like climbing stairs, getting out of a chair, or walking tend to become a rather painful experience, knee replacement surgery seems to be the only suitable solution. Referred to as arthroplasty, it is a common surgery nowadays and ideal when several other therapies and injections fail to bring back the knees into the normal functioning order. Below are some the things that one can expect from a knee replacement surgery.
- Medications: It is quite natural to receive lots of prescribed medicines right after the completion of the surgery. From antibiotics to painkillers, one needs to be ready to have various medicines which are meant to relieve the pain of the surgery as well as to prevent blood clots. However, the drug dosages continue to get lesser, after each passing day, depending on how well the knees are performing.
- CPM: Taking the help of CPM or continuous passive motion becomes necessary for many people after having the knee replacement surgery. Depending on the condition of one’s knee, one might need to spend time in a CPM system, which helps in keeping the knee flexible. There’s a cradle in the machine for the legs, and the machine is fitted with the joint position and leg length. One can adjust the level up to which the machine can bend the knees, depending on their comfort level.
- Walking: The majority of the people who undergo knee replacement surgery can walk the very day of the surgery or the next day. Most of the people become able to bear the weight of the replaced knee with the help of crutches or walkers. However, one can expect a bit of pain when starting to walk for the first time after surgery.
- Rehabilitation: The primary purpose of rehabilitation after a knee replacement surgery is to make one capable of bending his or her knees at least 90 degrees which is essential for performing the daily activities easily. Several therapies can make the rehabilitation process a success and make the knees bendable more than 90 degrees in most of the cases.
- Exercise: Most people go home within a few days after a knee replacement surgery and is essential to take care post-surgery. The best way to maintain the good health of the knees is by performing the exercise program regularly, which is suggested by the doctors. Following the exercise program regularly and performing regular short walks, can make the knees flexible like before while regaining their strength as well as the motion range more quickly.
It's best to visit one's doctor from time to time, even months after the knee replacement surgery is done to not only monitor his or her knee replacement; but also to ensure that there are no risks of any complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I was diagnised cervical spondilitis and I was under psysiotherapists for 2 weeks. I used to do regular excercises as per the guidance given by the pysio. Everything was okay and now I find that one fine after 6 months of the above problem when I start walking normally walk for some time and I can balance my body while walking. Kindly advice what to do?
I am 43 year old and feeling pain in my right hand joint shoulder during the excercise with right hand from few days. What can I do ?
I am 27 years old male & having backpain/neckpain since more than 2 years. Please suggest some solutions other than surgery.
Sir, maire pero mai bhot Dino se dard ho raha hai Maine doctor ko bhi dikhaya par koi arma nhi. Please advise.
I have back pain (right side of my lumbar). Paining while string and standing. Please tell what will b the cause. Is nothing to worry?
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
One year ago I was playing football and during that my right angle get sprained. And it takes long time to recover from pain. And during this time pain starts in bottom side of my foot. And during same time my second feet also get same time of pain. During time pain spreads to my ankle and legs. And after some months it get difficult to stand long and to walk long. Now I feel lot of inflammation in bottom of feet, around ankle and legs pain when I stand for 10-15 minutes or so some standing work. I also consult with some doctors and orthopedics but didn't get any solution and no improvement in my pain and situation. Normally doctors said that this pain is due to my mild flat feet. I also tried different type of shoes, but no improvement. So please suggest that how can this problem will reduced or solve so that I can maintain my regular routine work and job. Because I have standing job so it is going very difficult for me with this pain and problem.
I had a partial lateral menisectomy done in my right knee for posterior horn tear three months back. Is there any possible way to find out as to how much part of the lateral meniscus I have lost due to this menisectomy. My post operative MRI suggests lateral meniscus as appears to be normal.
Recently I asked regarding I am getting pain in the calf& foot heel. One of the doctors had replied promptly. Asked me get Vit D3 test done. I am 55 years old I don't have sugar or BP as per recent test done. I don't smoke & drink. My Vit D3 report of today shows VITAMIN-D Total 21.56ng/ml PL suggest remedy.
I have a problem in my joints. I feel weak when I am going to walk. I feel pain in my joints and my back. What should I do for relief that pain?
1. Keep little walk or move every two hours from your desk
2. Any thing to be lifted do it from sitting and upright position
3. Avoid sitting or lying in soft cushion which may sag body into it
4. If possible outdoor cycling can be practised for 30 minutes a day in particular time period regularly
5. No hunch back in any posture
6. Keep reading anything in correct body alignment