Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rama ShastriYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am suffering from loose motions since 2 days. It is completely watery. Since my 2 months baby is on breastfeeding I cannot get admitted full time. I have taken intravenous oflox metrogyl and dns twice. Orally I am on ornof 500 bd, meftal spas and spertgut sachet. The frequency has reduced but it is stillstill watery. Am I on correct medication and how much time will it take to improve. I am slated to fly out of country on Thursday.
My daughter 25 years of age unmarried is having irregular periods since the last 5 months. Periods after 20 days or after 40 days varying every alternate month. What should she take. Periods are normal.
Hi. Am just married and in first night I have inserted my finger to my wife but there was blood. Is this normal? Should I consult doc?
Sir muje monthly problem Hai,5 month se mensis nahi aate aur ovary cyst bhi Hai. Or Harmon Ka account bhi bahut Kam hai.please koi upay batao.
I got married last april till today my wife not conceive we both eagerly waiting for her pregnancy is there any positive tips or we want to consult which doctor to get conceive soon please advice.
Are you a fast-eater? as a child most of us are told to slow down, chew the food well and only then gulp it down. Most of us have been told time and again to slow down and chew while eating. Yet, some people continue with the habit of eating fast. This might change if they knew what their speed of eating can do to their body.
Evils of eating food very fast -
1. Slows digestion - eating and swallowing fast means that the food has not been chewed properly. This delays and complicates the process of digestion. For proper digestion, the food needs to be broken down. Also, when we do not chew properly, the food that goes down the throat, is accompanied by lesser saliva, the enzymes of which are needed for the digestion to begin.
2. Can make you bloated - while eating in a hurry, chances are also there that we swallow air along without food. This makes are bloated and also gives us stomach gas.
3. Makes you eat more - to feel full, the brain and the stomach need to be at the same page to emit the signal of fullness. However, if you don't chew and just swallow, the brain-stomach coordination will break and you will end up eating more than what you need to.
4. Leads to weight gain - overeating will lead to problems like weight gain, indigestion, etc.
5. May choke you - more than thirty different muscles are required to swallow and if eating in a hurry, you increase the chance of food going down the wrong pipe, which can choke you.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have a small n movable lump on my right breast since ten years. There is no any pain till yet. I took medicines n have done tests like ultrasound, fnac. Its result was normal. But mammogram has not been done bcoz Dr. Told me its not allowed in my age 28. Is there any chance of cancer? please suggest me other best treatment regarding this problem.
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.
My daughter she 2 years 6 month and she till drink milk in a bottle. And per day 1 1/2 lit. Doctor told me it's not good for health what can I do she crys for milk when she hungry. And she so stubborn that she wants milk more then food. Her food eating very bad not chewing only wants smashed food very pasty so it's easy to swallow. I'm trying my best to change but she and doing that. In this she often falls ill and tummy gets very up set and loose tools. She doesn't take veg fruits even food rice much. Very bad. How will I change her. Doctor told me to much milk will get stones in kidney and gallbladder. That's worried me.
How does doctors come to know by just checking the patient that she is pregnant. I mean without any test or sonography?
I am a 23 year old female and i am facing major problems. M having PCOS and due to that my weight is increasing and even hair fall has been started. So request you to suggest me with the solution.
What are the ways to reduce white discharge? I am planning for a child, please do d needful. Suggest me some ways to get pregnant soon.
Hello sir, my wife uterus is bicornuate shape. It measures 8.4 3 .2 6.8 c.M. She missed abortion 2 time, 1st 24 week & 3 days, 2nd was 6 week & 6 days. Last miscarriage time around 5 month. So, my question is can she conceive in this time, & her uterus size is right for pregnancy ?
I would recommend everyone to take all meals on time. Do not skip any meals. Skipping meals is not good, not healthy as well as it does not help you to reduce weight. First thing in the morning start your day with fruits and curry leaves. Take your last meal till 8p. M. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically.