Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Kumar SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
For depression (diagnosed by college counsellor and behaviour problems -anger, doesn't like being checked ,lack of routine . Whom to consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Can a psychiatrist guide in cognitive therapy and counselling.
I have a flight coming up. Since yesterday I do not sleep well or any. Also I have panic attacks and anxiety because I'm in another country and the medical services are not good here. I think if something big happens to me here, I will die. I have a lot sintomas. I have to go back to US to get help. But I have to fly. I'm scare that I will have a panic in the middle of that flight. Please help.
I like a girl working at my workplace. But I came to know that she has already a boyfriend. But still I can't change my feelings. I try everything to make her happy. But she wants me to stay away from her. Once I left talking to her or looking towards her. But it was hard time for me yet I was doing it for her sake. And now she came again to me asking an another help in her personal life. I did what I could and was happy again. But after her problem got over. She again started ignoring me. Whenever I swear not to think about her. She presents to me with a new problem seeking for help. When I help her, it gives me an incredible pleasure but when she ignores me. I be depressed. Is there something wrong with me? Should I have any clinical cure? Please help me.
I am a epileptic patient and I am planning to take fat burner soon to lose my body fat. For epilepsy I am taking levetiracetam 250 mg and clobazam 10 mg. Is it safe to take fat burner to lose my body weight? It will stimulant free far burner! Soo is it safe to take or not? I will be doing workout too. Hoping positive reply! Thanks!
I have got a lot of acne in my face and also suffering from a considerable rate of hair fall. May be this because of exam stress. Please help.
Hello doctor my name is sudhir raghuwanshi I am 48 year old man I have addict for alcohol and tobacco products last six years what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi, I am very depressed from last 4-5 months and even taken medicines for stress and depression as well. It was ok for some time when i took one month break but after joining the work it again started, I am thinking so much negative and always think to quit job and sit idle or change the carrier where there is less pressure. I don't know, very confused in the life now. Please advice. Thanks.
I am a 2 pu student I am studying hard for exams but I seem to have some sort of illness and I need your help I think its just flu but can you give me the symptoms of it please Ty.
It seems like m very much depressed. I always want isolation. Think stupid things. Real worlds seems like a story m living in. Sometimes I even take sleeping pills. And big thing is I don't feel any emotion whatever is happening outside I don't even bother . Please help . I want to get rid of this.
I lose temper very soon while talking with my friends. I am also not able to concentrate on my studies. Is this symptom of depression?
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.
The first week of october is mental health week and this year theme is on mental health at workplace. Please ensure your health at work place.
1) Make realistic deadlines.
2) Leave home on time.
3) Spend time you enjoy doing.
4) Use your holiday leaves.
5) At workplace take lunch. Avoid fast foods.
6) Keep interpersonal relations with colleagues healthy.
I am having extreme stage fear and my legs will shake severely during tension while giving speech. I am feeling depressed because ppl making fun of me. Pls suggest any remedy for my problem.
I am prabhas. I am suffering from back pain and often full body pain even leg also. What is the problem I drink daily 3 lt water But my urine will atleat one time yellow and there is some kind of burning after urine.
I start talking to myself unknowingly .this talk generally involves some kind of imaginary story I never heard or seen .I start playing the role of any imaginary character as if I am performing in some stage play. After 20 to 25 mins I come to know that I was talking .is it a mental disease or what is it?
Pedophilia is an unnatural or abnormal attraction towards children of either or both sexes, usually aged thirteen years or younger. A pedophile's attraction towards adults varies. They fantasize and/or act on their fantasies with children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is one of the most common paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires). The DSM i. E. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has included pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Here are a few facts about the disorder:
1. Pedophilic disorder is when pedophiles approach children to sexually gratify themselves or if desires towards children make them feel guilty and anxious and so, they alienate themselves from the society and are unable to achieve their personal goals.
2. One very important fact that one must keep in mind is that not all pedophiles molest children and not all child molesters are pedophiles. When one desires children, they are pedophilic. But only when they act on their desires, and sexually assault children, they are child molesters.
3. Since most pedophiles do not come forward or admit to having sexual desires towards children, most of the studies have been conducted on the pedophilic child molesters. However, the number of pedophiles is vast considering that there are about 4 million websites in business catering to child pornography.
4. Opening up and seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist might help them in curbing and managing these desires and prevent them from acting on them and committing sexual offenses. In rare cases, pedophiles are also prescribed medications to lower their sex drive.
5. Male pedophiles are far more common than female ones.
6. Most of the child sex offenders are family and relatives.
7. Psychologists believe that children who are lonely and aloof, and feel neglected are at a higher risk of being sexually abused. The type of activities differs in each case, while some just undress and look at a child, others force the child to take part and perform oral sex and/or touch the genitals or more.
8. In most countries, it is mandatory to report a pedophile to the authorities even when there is no risk, which is why most pedophiles do not come forward and admit having this disorder. They refrain from seeking help.
However, there is a prevention project dunkelfeld in Germany that provides free of cost services to people who are attracted to children, but are dedicated to not to act on their desires and molest children. This program maintains its members' confidentiality. Such programs are essential for a healthy society.