Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Kumar SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
I feel underconfident most of the times. This has really impacted my career, friends & relation. I am afraid of many things which bounds me evrytime. Please suggest some exercise or remedy.
I doubt myself that I have depression. I can sleep the whole day but I can not sleep at night till 11.4times in a week I suffer from headache. Sometimes I get angry for no reason. I can not take any things in a positive way. Sometimes I am happy but most of the time I get sad without any reason. Many thoughts play over my head. What should I do? Take tablets?
At a Glance:
Experts have long known that there is an important link between sleep and learning
Sleep deprived mice experienced less dendritic growth than well-rested mice after a learning task
Deep sleep results in actual physical changes in the brain
Trying to learn something new? Have a big exam coming up? New research suggests that sleep plays a pivotal role in your brain's ability to learn new information.
Learn first, then get a good night's sleep in order to encourage learning and memory retention.
One of the major explanations for why we sleep is known as the information consolidation theory, which suggests that one of the primary functions of sleep is to process information that has been acquired and stored throughout the day.
"We've known for a long time that sleep plays an important role in learning and memory. If you don't sleep well you won't learn well" a new study that explores the mechanisms behind this process.
I feeling alone every time I don't know what wrong with me every time I feel there is nothing for me in this world.
I am 21 years old and I'm suffering from hipper depression and anxiety hipper angry please tell me what to.
I have headech, pain sometime in stomach , chest back , chest shoulder neck , ear , somthing dtrange feel on tongue neck
My relative age-30 yrs suffering from psychiatric problem and taking medicine sulpitac-100 tab and sulpitac-300. What type of mental disorder is? is this curable? symptoms: negative thoughts, bad dreams and lac of confidence on any body at work place specialy.
My friend have a habbit of smoking. How to make him quit smoking. Is it possible to make a chain smoker a non smoker?
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.