Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Know how Diabetes affect organs of body and it's treatment
I found a very small seedlike bulging under my penis beneath the skin. No pain. What is that? Is there any problem?
Polycystic ovarian cyst disease (PCOD)
It is a disease characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary is enlarged and it produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones, this condition is also called as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Causes - hereditary / genetic disease (family history of someone with condition), overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens and causes pcod, obesity can aggravate pcod, excess insulin may cause high androgen levels and causes pcod.
Irregular menses / delayed / heavy periods.
Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
Pimples, oily skin, dandruff, thinning of hair, hairfall.
Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back.
Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Depression, mood swings.
1) do regular exercise - exercise for 45 minutes, walking, jogging and aerobic exercise are great exercise that people can do.
2) eat healthy and balanced diet - it includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains, brown rice. Limit foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheese and fried foods. Avoid dairy products, red meat, sugary foods and drinks.
(select what you eat from the following food groups -
Vegetables - carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach.
Cereals - barley, oats, whole wheat, brown rice, multigrain bread.
Pulses - yellow and green moving, chana dal, beans, whole pulses.
Dairy products - skimmed or toned milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt.
Nuts - walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds).
3) control weight - losing weight may help to get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle these are the main part of the treatment for pcod.
4) treatment of hirsutism or acne.
5) restoration of regular menstrual cycle, restoration of fertility.
Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effects. Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of disease. Here are some homeopathic remedies for pcod -
1) sepia - menses are irregular (sometimes too late and scanty or too early and profuse) + bearing down pains from back to abdomen + a ball like sensation in the inner parts + yellowish or greenish leucorrhea + irritable and indifferent temperament.
2) pulsatilla - menses are late and scanty + thirstless and takes little water + mild, gentle and yeilding temperament + changeable moods + suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty.
3) natrum mur - irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles + beneficial for women with difficulty in conception due to pcod + aversion to heat of sun and craving for extra salt in the diet + reserved minded + symptoms gets worse when sympathy offered.
Is irregular urination a symptom of kidney problems? What tests should I go for? I am having frequent urination these days? Can this cure by any medicines?
I cannot sleepwell I take medicine for 2 yrs but now I stopped it for 2 months now I am sleeping at late nyt is there any remedy.
My father is suffering from tuberculosis and his dose has been started. But after few days, he as started to hiccup continuously and it is not stopping any more. No medicine till now has able to cure these hiccups. Please consult the solution for this problem. My father's age is 54.
I'm getting itching on my penis and tactical sometimes the skin over my tecticals is bleeding It becomes red and pains a lot.
I have TB What should I do if I missed 3 continuous after breakfast doses. Theses doses were from at the starting of medication.
I am 28 year guy and I am sufering from heart palpitation or rapid heart rate, high pulse rate, sometime it mid chest tightens, shortness of breath, ecg. Bp, sugar, lipid profile, lift, thyroid are normal, my local doctor say its gerd. Sm say panic attack. I am taking rabidoc it bbf and atrolip 10 mg hs, metlar 12.5 relieve this symptom. But it may decrease bp. Serum iron is 38. Suggest medicine, diagnosis.
Hello Doctor , I am 28 year old married . Since 4 year I was suffering in knees. Ankle and waist pain and finally I get to knew that I had'D' deficiency and it was 9 but now it is 45 after taking injection and medicine but still getting pain and unable to climb big steps and buses also and losing balance some time so can you tell me what is the problem and how can I get rid from this please help me.
I have cold for more than one year it increases with dust so what to do and what medicine we should take refer some medicines.
Click on'consult' to help me with your diet/nutrition plans.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.