Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Avtar GargYour feedback matters!
Can I give junior horlics to my baby, who is one year old? What kinds of food he should have in this age?
My baby is 4 months 2 weeks old. He is on mixed feeds l. E. Both breast feed and formula. He hasn't passed stool for last 2 days. He is having proper feeds and no stomach ache.
I have delivered a baby. I don't have enough milk to feed my baby as after one week of delivery my stiches got broken. Dr. Gave me strong antibiotics and because of antibiotics my milk got vanish. Please suggest me some medication or anything by which I could feed my baby and my milk back.
I have a baby boy who born on 17th Feb 2016 We given BCG today i. E 12th March So is there any problem that we given BCG so late Also Describe BCG.
My baby is 4 months and my milk is not sufficient to feed her so what can I give cow or buffalo milk in place of mothers milk or I should give number which is better cow milk or nanpro.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.
Dear Sir/Mam, and my son's is 6 months old we have consulted a local doctor and we have consulted a local doctor and doctor has said that they have to do a orchiopexy surgery because he has a undescended testicle but doctor told us observe child for a month at night while sleeping and we did the same but the testicle will be in scrotum at the nights while he is sleeping, and now doctor has told us to wait for another 6 months to see the growth of the testicle. Actually we are worried a lot it would be very helpful if you could provide some information regarding, will it be ok if we wait for another 6 months and see the growth of the testicle. We have consulted a paediatrician and doctor has told us to wait till 1 year after that doctor will see the growth of the testicle and then will take a call but here my doubt is will it be ok to wait till 1 years of age as per doctors advise. Please advice what should we do now?
Sir mere ladke ki umr 25 Day apni ma ka milk nhi leta vo use nind jyada krta hai our jibha bhar rheti hai please help.
My son is about four months old since two days he is doing potty two to three times a day, before that he sometimes does after two or three days or only once but since two days he is doing potty twice or thrice a day, I ate mango so I thought it might be due to that as he is in breast feed so I eat less mango now Is it something to worry should I take him to doctor.
Hii my son is 21 months old. He z 10 kg weight. Is the weight normal. He does not eat properly. He just milk all d time. Due to that im worried he z becoming week. How to improve hungriness in him please suggest.
My child (20 month old) suffering from loose motion, greenish with traces of blood, what should I do?
I have vaccinated my son with HIB vaccine and hepatitis A vaccine yesterday. Today morning he had fever. Is that vaccine causes fever or he had any virus infection?
Dear Sir, my nephew (10 years old) entire body has become small pimple eye swelling, doctor described it chickengunia due to blood infection, how it spread or is it chickengunia symptoms, what precautions should be taken and which test, medicines you prescribed please guide me.
My cousin 16 years old and he is diagnosed hbsag reactive and sgpt lvl is 270, hbsag serum patient value is 1661.94 and hbv viral load by TAQ MAN is 101000000. So we need your valuable advice in this regard. Please advice us what should I do?
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.