Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Avtar GargYour feedback matters!
What to feed a new born baby and what is the real working woman choice so that find real value of health and best figure.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
My son 6 years old does not have fluent speech. He speaks very little sentences only. We went to speech therapist and he advised for a CARS test and he scored 25 out of 60 and the doctor said that he has focusing problems, behavioral problems and advised to join a one month speech therapy session. I just gone through various websites to get a solution for my son. I have noticed that diet can make him alright as he has very mild autistic features. Diet like: Avoid dairy products except Camel milk Gluten free diet Organic fish and cod liver oil Millets and coconut milk Organic vegetables And few more in the list. Please advise me if am going in right way. When I asked the doctor about the diet then he says no need to follow such diets as they are for heavily autistic kids. Please advise Thanks
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
I'm breastfeed my 14 months old baby but I am losing weight gradually every month I am loosing 1-2 kg. Is it normal or there is any health issues.
For new born baby 2nd day. Mother feeding milk is not available, what is the alternative feed please suggest than.
My son 3 years old, since 2 weeks now his left testicle has swollen. I have already consulted 2 gen docs. Also gave him ibuprofen still the same. Did ultrasound today for abdomen pelvic and scrotum. result says free fluid. Please advice.
My daughter (2 year 5 months) is suffering from occasional fever abt 100-101 degree F (sometimes 102) from the last 5 days accompanied by severe coughing. She is coughing her lungs out due to which whatever she is taking be it medicine, water is vomited out. Moreover she is not eating anything for the past 3 days. Her water intake has reduced considerably. She had two biscuits dissolved in little water and 3ounces of Horlicks in the morning at an interval of 2 hrs. Also today I noticed her stool to be watery which was not earlier. In the late afternoon gave 3 ounces of horlicks. She is not willing to have any solid food. Her urine has also reduced and it is deep yellow. She is been advised 3 types of cough syrups as Alex Junior, Levolin, Laveta M P125 and an anti-biotic Crixan. Please help me as I am really worried about her health. Thanks,
My daughter is of 2.5 years old in day time her health is okay but during night she is having cough a lot what should I do?
After baby birth I dint take care of myself and it resulted in obesity grade 2. I wanted a suggestion whether to go for gym/yoga/exercises? Which gives best results.
Recently we have gone on tour to the western india i. E shirdi, aurangabad etc and travelled in train. My grand son who accompanied us on the tour had diarrohea and had treatment. Now his stomach is bulgy and hard. His age is one year. What is the reason and what treatment he should take?
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The homeopathic approach to enlarged tonsils works in the following way:
They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.