Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Sood
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh SoodYour feedback matters!
Tongue and Ceiling of my mouth always feels dry like cotton from past nearly one year. I smoke two cigarettes daily not more than that. Few days back one of my dentist friend observed that this is smoker's palate but I am not convinced as I am not a chain smoker. Please suggest what should be done to treat this problem. I never feel comfortable.
I am having the problem of drinking but after many try I cannot able to leave it so tell me some suitable outputs.
How to handle divorce filing by spouse. I often get extremely angry with husband and tried committing suicide as well. I know I am very bad. Now he wants to file divorce and I feel very hopeless to live after divorce.
I am lean Getting every variable right . I trained hard for 2 years but with minimal (1 kg) muscle gains. I had weight gainers , protien shakes, I lift heavy weights but of no use I got my eys on a post that said hyperthyroidism can be an underlying cause. DOC can use please tell me the symptoms or ,if not way to gain muscle and please tell me weather there is a correlation between smoking and muscle gains.Please tell.
I'm in tension a lot these days. Always! I feel depressed also about my failures too. I sweat a lot. Insomniac.
I am taking (paroxetine) for anxiety and stress issue from last month. But I am suffering from precum since 7 years. My body. Hands and voice is also shaky. Is this precum related with anxiety. Sperm drops or colourless fluid comes out in seconds when I do normal talk with girls. Even when I sit besides my uni classmates. And I can not perform normal work due to this premature ejaculation prescribe meds plz.
1.In last 7 year I am feeling very sadness depressed and hopeless now I am age 17 I can not make good friend. Spoil my social life. 2.when I was 10 year my father hit me daily and said bad word and harass. 3.now day I am veryshyness i cant conversation properly. 4.help me please chat I am belongs to poor family.
Anxiety is a disorder where the body is in a state of alertness as a result of a stressful situation. It is an inbuilt mechanism, which can result from stress, threat or pressure. Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues, reason why you should try to minimize your anxiety levels.
Here are 5 reasons to get rid of anxiety:
1. High blood pressure - Spikes in blood pressure occur during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
2. Stomach problems - Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
3. Weight gain - Binge eating during periods of anxiety can cause weight gain in affected people. A study reported that stressed out women processed fat and sugar in a different manner than usual, thereby leading to an increase in weight. Weight gain can give rise to other complications like diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Disorders of the respiratory system - People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
5. Depression - Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!