Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh SoodYour feedback matters!
How can I tell if someone is having a heart attack? How can we help them instantly, as recently I saw one friend of mine getting the attack and I wasn't able to help him in any other than giving him water, I wasn't feeling good, so please tell me the necessary steps, I need to take to help someone having a hearth attack?
Doctor I have some issue like I can feel my heart beat and my heart beat increase when I do some pressure works like weight lifting or heavy movements. I examined ecg and echo screening both Wr normal. I had chest pain when examined with the gastro Doctor they told some acid get more produce in your body due to tat I am get chest pain. Am I facing this problem by gastric or cardio problem.
I am in Bangalore, and my mom has a sickness (blood pressure and other common sicknesses) but she is in Afghanistan, is there a way to bring a copy of her check up to write her medicine? Or how can you advise me? For, she can not come here. Looking for an answer regards.
Hello doc, I am 55 year old female. I have congestive heart problem for last 8 yrs and I am on medication for the same. Since past 2 years I have persistant cough which gets better with antibiotics. For the past few months I feel feverish during the evening. This gets better with a dose of paracetamol. Doctor, what could be possible cause for the same should I take antibiotics for the same ? Please Advice.
From past few weeks I felt that my heart beat is automatically increasing from normal. Im worried why its happening. While going to sleep I felt my heart beat automatically increased. Please suggest any remedy for it. Thanks.
Sir yesterday I was eating a fish when suddenly a pain starts at little below of my chest. I think that a fish bone got stop there. Since then whenever I eat rice or chappati I feel pain there. Sir what should I do give me suggestion.
What is main cause for under chest burning after having food like bad cholesterol and What is cure n precaution to be taken?
I wanted to know good diet for cholesterol. Food which to be taken. I do not want any medicine to be started so give me proper and good diet which can be taken.
I mild pain behind my head most of the time, my head is feeling very cold and my body also feeling very cold, I can't bear loud music or any kind of loud sound nor my head and not my heart, my heart beats is become fast by loud sound.
I am 39 years old in udhampur. During rescent medical examination my cholesterol and triglycerides are very high. Suggest to bring it down ?
Pls suggest any antioxidant tab which can help lower down cholesterol and any tablet which can do weight loss.
Hi, recently I felt swelling at the end of my skull behind the left ear and the feeling is bad AlL over body including dizziness, lack of concentration etc.I am having severe Gas, acidity and heartburn problem including shoulder and neck pain. Now my Heartbeat is very fast and loud sometimes. This left side pain is confusing if it is related to heart problem. I don't know if I have heart or lung problems. Swelling receded after I used heating pad. But now feeling slow pain on the left side of skull end and heart problem is there. I have cut smoking otherwise I am a healthy guy. Please advise.
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
Which type of Angioplasty system is better making hole in Radial /wrist access or in right upper thigh/ femoral access in view of a heart patient aged 65 years or please intimate the benefit/harm, Radial versus Femoral Access for Coronary Intervention.
My name raghuvinder, I patient of blood pressure before 5 years. I take many medicines and help for good doctors but no any profit for me. I have very tired. So please sir me his advise and away my illnesses. I shall be highly oblised to you. thanks sir.
Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, is a severe condition where death of the heart muscle occurs because of the loss of blood supply. The blood loss usually happens because of the blockage of a coronary artery. Due to electrical instability, ventricular fibrillation is caused. Heart attacks may result in permanent brain damage or even death.
- Symptoms of Heart Attack: There are many early symptoms and signs of heart attack, which should be recognized. Symptoms of heart attack vary from person to person. Here is a list of the primary heart attack symptoms:
- Chest Pain and Discomfort: Chest pain is the basic symptom of a heart attack and occurs in different forms. The chest pain has a pressure, fullness and squeezing sensation and starts from the center of the chest. The pain may go away and re-occur and may spread down to other limbs of the body.
- Headache, Toothache: The chest pain occurring due to a heart attack spreads all over the body and the jaw. Even the back and head are affected. Sometimes pain in these regions is present while chest pain is absent.
- Shortness of Breath: A gasping sensation or feeling shortness of breath is another common sign of a heart attack. Such breathing difficulty is called dyspnea. The shortness of breath occurs before or during the chest pain.
- Nausea and Vomiting: The feeling of nausea or sickness in the stomach is another possible symptom. It is accompanied by belching or burping and sometimes, the heart attack is associated with a feeling of indigestion. Nausea is more common in women. Vomiting also occurs alongside nausea.
- General Epigastric Discomfort: In several cases, patients describe the pain of a heart attack as stomach pain. The pain is heavy and uncomfortable and persists for several minutes.
- Sweating: Perspiration or sweating occurs during a heart attack and the patient experiences cold sweat in avid amounts.
Emergency Treatment for Heart Attack:
- A person who has a heart attack should be rushed to a hospital.
- Several tests are carried out to detect the cause of the attack. A 12 lead EKG is carried out to supervise electrical activity within the heart and detect the damaged areas.
- Blood tests are undertaken to check enzymes and in certain cases, cardiac catheterization is required where pictures of the blood vessels are examined.
- Emergency medicines are given to the patient to stop the formation of blood clots and include aspirin, heparin and other drugs. Other medicines are given for thrombolytic therapy, which dissolve already formed blood clots. They work to reduce the heart damage. Nitrates are also used.
A heart attack is a severe condition and must be attended to immediately. Emergency treatment procedures are essential to save the life of an affected person.