Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh SharmaYour feedback matters!
Injured in accident two months before got fractured base of 4th metatarsal in right foot. Permanent plaster for 26 days but after two months I have done x-ray again but fracture is not joined. Please reply what I have to do, continuous pain while walking.
My wife with d age about 32 years had a regular problem with legs pain n back pain ,pain starts from backside left leg till left thighs low level. please help.
I am having this problem of pimples a lot since very long. How should i get rid of them with least use of medication because i even consulted a shin specialist and he gave me a few medicated facewas and some medicines but they were of no use. So please suggest me the best you can? And my face gets red very sooner and nothing hot suits me. And it itches a lot in the sun.
I am 37 year female and I am having backache from last 13 years. I had lots of medicines and treatment too. But I have not got heal. So what should I do to qure my this doses.
I am 30 years old male. I feel pain daily in my lower back and hip. X-ray says nothing. But I ride 100 kms around daily. Please suggest medication and maintenance of this. Thanx.
My friend has gangrene since 2 months on ankle of left extremity. It is sometimes looks healing and sometimes getting worse when he smokes and drink. Can you pls suggest what is the best way to treat it as soon as possible. One doctor said debridement would be an option. Want to know what will be cost for it and length of stay in hospital for it.
I am unable to pull down my foreskin of genital area and finding pain while intercourse and while foreplay it comes down with a lot of pain and later it takes a lot of time to get back to the normal with unbearable pain please suggest me to be cured at the earliest.
I am 17 years old girl and I get I severe backache if I sit forvmore than 2 hours without support. please suggest what do I do?
I frequently have the neck pain and shoulder pain. what the solution for it. Pain is not so sever but still feel uncomfortable during dat time.
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from sciatica since I was 4 year old child I consulted many doctors but they all ended up by just referring me to wear ac-cu pressure footwear. Kindly tell me what should I do so that my legs stop paining. Earlier only my feet used to pain but now pain has moved upwards to my waist including knees and calf.
I have been told that cartilage is weak but I am still brisk walking and also run 20 km a week. I am 47 yrs. I take arthojoint supplement tablet daily for the last 1 year - Lupevestin500. Pl advise if Incan continue both - medicine and running.
Sir I feel numbness and shocking like electric shock in my right hand. What symptoms of this decease and how to cure. Plzzz suggest me sir plzzz plzzz.
Im 21 years old female. Took mifepristone on nov 4.later in ultra sonography it showed no retained pieces of conception. Im bleeding severely woth severe back pain amd stomach ache below navel. Pls help me out.
Best Exercises for Knee Pain Relief in Osteoarthritis
The quadriceps (or quads) describe the four muscles located on the front of the thigh. They contract together to help flex (or lift up) the hip and extend (or straighten) the knee. The quads often become weak after injury is sustained or surgery is performed on the lower leg or thigh. For this reason, it is important to learn how to strengthen this muscle group for a complete recovery.
People with certain conditions often exhibit quadriceps weakness. These conditions may include:
- Patellofemoral stress syndrome
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Patellar tendonitis or tendinosis
Typically, a specific area of your quad called the vastus medialis obliqus (VMO) may be weak or inhibited from contracting properly in these conditions. Your PT can show you how to perform these quad exercises with a special focus on the VMO for maximal effect.
Some quad strengthening exercises place significant stress on your knee joint. Your physical therapist can show you ways to minimize joint stress while still strengthening your quadriceps. Be sure to check in with your doctor before starting these - or any other - exercises.
Reveiw these exercises for quad strengthening and get started on the road to stronger thighs.
2 Straight Leg Raises
Place a cuff weight around your ankle to add full resistance to your straight leg raising exercise.
The straight leg raising (SLR) exercise is a simple way to get your quad muscles working properly. Here is how the SLR is done.
- Lie on your back on a flat surface.
- Bend the knee of your uninvolved leg (the one that wasn't operated on) to a 90-degree angle, and keep your foot flat on the surface. Keep your involved leg straight without the knee bent.
- Slowly lift the involved leg 12 inches off the floor (by contracting the front thigh muscles). Hold for five seconds.
- Slowly lower your leg to the floor. Relax and repeat 10 to 15 times.
The knee of the raised leg should remain straight throughout this exercise. Focus on lifting by using the muscles on the front of your hip joint. This exercise can be made more challenging by placing a 2 or 3 pound cuff weight on your ankle before you lift.
3 Short Arc Quads
The short arc quad (SAQ) exercise is a great way to really focus in on properly contracting your quadriceps muscles. Here is how you do it:
- Lie on your back and use a small coffee can (or paper towel roll) to prop your knee up.
- Slowly straighten your bent knee until it is all the way straight.
- Tighten your quad muscle and hold it tight for 5 seconds.
- Slowly lower your leg down.
- Repeat for 15 repetitions.
4 Wall Slides
- Stand upright with your back against a wall and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly bend your knees, sliding your back down the wall for a count of five until your knees are bent at a 45-degree angle. (Do not bend too much further than this, as it will cause increased strain on your knees.) Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Straightening your knees by slowly sliding up the wall until you are fully upright with knees straight.
- Repeat the above steps 10 more times.
5 Terminal Knee Extension
Terminal knee extension (TKE) is a simple, yet effective, way to strengthen your quads in a standing position. The TKE is considered a functional exercise, as you quads will be working while supporting your body weight.
To perform the terminal knee extension exercise, you must first obtain a resistance band, like a Theraband, from your physical therapist. Once you have a band, you should be ready to start the exercise. Here's how you do it:
- Tie your resistance band around a stable object so it is anchored around the height of your knee. (The leg of a table is a good place.)
- Step into the loop with the leg you wish to exercise.
- Face the anchor point with the resistance band looped around your knee and your knee slightly bent.
- Slowly straighten your knee, placing tension on the band. The resistance band should provide some resistance as your try to fully straighten your knee.
- Once your knee is straight and the band has tension on it, hold the position for 3 seconds.
- Slowly allow your knee to bend slightly once again.
- Repeat the exercise for 15 repetitions.