Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am from AP, a diabetic type 2 patient since 2010. Got lately married at around 38 years age (Aug 2016). My wife's age 36 and conceived recently (3 weeks before). My wife working as staff nurse in a govt. Hospital doing rotational shifts is not taking proper food. Recently I got her tested for complete blood picture. Her Hemoglobin levels are 8.4 below the normal range. Please suggest some iron and folic acid combination supplement during first trimester of pregnancy. My father aged 68, diabetic and my mother non diabetic and also clarify what precautions necessary during first trimester of pregnancy in order to avoid miscarriage.
I am 22 yrs, sir I want to ask that I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on 11 Dec 2015 and she had her periods on 13 Dec which does not occur on due day due to some reason, we don't know and on 22 Dec 2015 she did pregnancy test (urine test) and the results are negative according to doctor, is there any chances of pregnancy now also or we are safe now. Is it possible dat the results may change after 1 week and they can be positive. How much possibility of change of result is there?
Madam, We are trying for a baby since last four months with the help of a local gynaecologist. We did semen analysis for me and blood, urine test of partner. Everything is reportedly fine. We are unable to conceive since last four months. The Doctor has suggested to have laparoscopy with the cost of Rs. 18000. What should I do? Please suggest.
Age: 31 yrs, Health Issue: PCOD Period missed: I am in 38th day Symptom: No Symptom of pregnancy like vomiting, tiredness, nausea. What could be the reason? Is that pcod stopping my periods or something else.
Sir how to know a girl is pregnant . And if she is pregnant what medicine for that.Please suggest me something.
Taken ipill after 7 days I got little bit brown bleeding for 4 days please tell now its safe or not?
I am 24 years and pregnant for 2 months now and and I get severe headache with fever since this morning. I also have backache and stomach pain.
Meri age 28 hai .sadi ko 2 saal hue h .mujhe thyriod h mera tsh 5.2 hai .aur overy me toda swelling h .mujhe period regular aate h .dr ne harmony f lene ko kaha h .mera weight 65 hai .pahle 69 tha .mai daily yoga aur walk karti hu .mujhe baby concieve nai ho pa raha h .mujhe harmony f lena jaruri h ya weight kam karke mai baby concieve kar paungi.
Hi I am about to get married this month end. We are planning to not to have children for 1 year. But we want to involve in sex. Can you please provide some suggestions. What are the side effects if we use any contraception pills. When should she take that pills. Can you please help on this.
I am pregnant from 6 month & right now I am suffering from fever, headek & body pain so which medicine I can take please advice.
I am a 27 years old female weighing 85kg height 5'7' I am facing pcos. From last 3 months we are trying to conceive. Bt immediately the sperm flows out. I m worried.
I had intercourse using protection on Aug 2 and 8th. Once his sperm spilled outside soo I took emergency pill. My periods date is 24 .my cycle is always normal .After dat next two months got normal periods on 22nd. And bleeding was as usual for 6-7 days. Now it's d 3rd month I din get my periods. I don have any symptoms of pregnancy except I feel my tummy s lil bulged. May it's my stress. But y my period s missing now. I'm tensed pls help.
I had sex during periods with out any precautions. Then I took a contraceptive I pill that day. 29 Feb 2016. Then after few days I had bleeding once again for two days. Now my actual date of periods was 29 Feb but 29 march has gone its 8 April till now I didn't had periods. Am I pregnant or what.
Sir , there is the 0.5 inches difference in the size of my wife's breast, and sometime, white fibers comes out to my wife's breast nipples. And wife get pregnant 1 time but we have done the abortion with taking medicine by doctor consults. Please tell there is any problem to my wife breast. Please consults me.
Ghee has lost its glory. In-spite of being a saturated fat, ghee has shown to reduce both serum and intestinal cholesterol by triggering secretion of billiard lipids.
Reasons to consume ghee in your diet:
1. Ghee is also called as clarified butter. It’s short chain fatty acid structure imparts lipolysis properties which helps in breaking down the fat itself.
2. It’s antibacterial and antiviral properties makes it a perfect immune booster.
3. It has that anti ageing and anti wrinkle effect that even the costliest of cosmetic product can’t have
4. Since ancient times, ayurveda considers ghee to promote learning and memory retention
5. Excellent for joint health as ghee gives lubrication and strength to them
6. Ghee is an excellent laxative as it lubricates the intestines. Have a spoonful of ghee in warm water for easy bowel movement.
Vegetable Oils are the oils that are obtained from various plants and their sources. They comprise of different types of oils which are procured from sources like seeds, herbs, nuts, legumes and fruits. Common examples of vegetable oils are olive oil, soybean oil, corn oil, safflower oil and peanut oil.
Mustard oil is also, in fact, a vegetable oil as is extracted from the seeds of the mustard. Mustard oil is used a lot in traditional cooking. However, today, most people like to use new varieties of vegetable oils. But how healthy is this trend?
Mustard oil is a vegetable oil obtained from mustard seeds. It is dark yellow in colour and has a pungent odour. Its main benefits are
- Mustard oil contains good unsaturated fats. These fats don't get deposited in your blood vessels.
- It contains Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Mustard oil also contains ‘Glucosinolate’, a substance that has antimicrobial properties. Thus, the oil is effective against infections.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, mustard oil is very good for people with irritable bowel syndrome as it helps reduce inflammation along the lining of your stomach.
- In comparison to mustard, vegetable oils are tasteless and are known to adapt to the food’s natural taste, due to which consumers often pick them up over mustard.
- Almost all vegetable oils are cholesterol-free, but they do contain some saturated and unsaturated fats and saturated fats, as we know, do play a role in blood cholesterol level.
- Each one of the vegetable oil such as olive, sunflower and groundnut have some benefits and negatives. Let’s take a quick look at the oil profiles of these three common vegetable oils before you select the oil for cooking in your kitchen.
- Groundnut: It is high in MUFA or monounsaturated fats and PUFA or polyunsaturated fats, and both of these help in lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol. Groundnut is also a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant with anti-cancer properties and skin benefits.
- Sunflower: What’s perhaps the best thing about this oil is its light flavor that doesn’t overpower other ingredients. It also contains a protein that helps regulate blood glucose levels.
- Olive: It’s high in MUFA, so it’s linked to lower risk of heart disease and breast cancer. Extra virgin oil is rich in natural plant antioxidants and these can protect against damaging free radicals. The oil is reasonably high in saturated fats, so it should be used sparingly.
You can choose the oil for yourself keeping the above guidelines in mind, as no oil is best for all. You need to match the oil with your cooking style and health needs to get the best out of it. We recommend that you mix two oils and cook. This way you get the best of the best.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!