Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Kr. Koul
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh Kr. KoulYour feedback matters!
Actually i had a throat infection and while that I had consumed some alcohol and now I having dry thorat and a mild pain near my glands and irritation and its almost more than week I am having this issue so I am afraid that can it be cancer.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastro-intestinal tract
- Congenital defects
The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues of the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired using surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck from two months it comes with a very bad cold but till now its not gone and I am still having infection in my throat I also done a needle biopsy and everything came back normal but neither the infection nor the enlarged lymph node is gone. What should I do?
Sir I have breast cancer a doctor suggest me to do sex with her nd he says he will press my boobs soo hard this will remove my cancer is it true.
Cancer has become one of the common problems in the present day.
The fact is that any one can be diagnosed with cancer at any point of time. Should we really fear once we are diagnosed with cancer. About 30 years ago even tuberculosis was deemed a deadly disease but today tuberculosis has no such stigma and gradually we have realized its curable. Similar scenario is with cancer too. We are able to cure more than 30percent of cancers. Rest 50percent we are able to have a long term control just like diabetes and hypertension. Si the take home message is get out of the stigma and realize that cancer can be cured and can have a long term disease control.
My mom is 60 years. He is suffering from glioblastoma grade 4. She has been operated and undergone radio and chemotherapy as well. But still complications are there. Please suggest any further treatment or doctors.
My breast size is 38. From last 5 days my breast had became harder and there is pain in these. Plzzz suggest smtng.
Homeopathic treatments heal a disorder by inducing diluted symptoms of the same disorder to treat it. There are treatments in homeopathy which are used in treating cancer. These treatments adopt multiple approaches to treating cancer such as inducing similar symptoms to treat the disorder or strengthening the elimination systems (kidney, liver and lymphatic system).
Some remedies used for treating cancer by following the principles of classical Homeopathy are-
1. Lapis Albus - This treatment is usually used in treating cases of breast cancer and malignant growths in the uterus.
2. Conium - Conium is used in treating cancers related to the genital area such as testicles and uterus.
3. Hecla lava - Hecla lava is used in the treatment of bone cancer.
4. Arsenicum - Arsenicum is used to treat almost all cancer-related disorders. It helps in easing symptoms of psychological fear that cancer patients have. It also detoxifies the body and eases the stress from the kidneys and nervous system.
5. Phytolacca - Phytolacca is used when malignant tumors occur in fat based tissues. They are also used in treating fibroids tumors in the uterus and hard tumors in the breast.
6. Condurango - Cancers related to the stomach respond well to this treatment. It is also helpful in treating symptoms of cancer that form in the epithelial cells of the body.