Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh JainYour feedback matters!
How to grow immunity power? Many time I am suffering from fever from last some year so please give me proper guidelines.
In the case of hyperacidity, gastric acid secretion from glands of stomach increases. The excess amount of acid causes a burning sensation in an upper part of the abdomen. According to Ayurveda, it is known as amlapitta. In ayurveda, the pitta dosha includes whole enzymatic, hormonal secretions and digestive juices of the body. In amlapitta, pitta dosha which is bitter increases and gets vitiated due to wrong dietary habits and lifestyle. This vitiated pitta dosha becomes sour (amla) in taste, that's why it is called amlapitta. Normally this pitta helps in digestion of food but in vitiated form it does not complete the digestive process and causes indigestion. This undigested food causes toxin formation.
Causes of hyperacidity
1) excessive physical and mental stress.
2) pitta aggravating diet like spicy, salty and fried food.
3) excessive intake of citrus fruits.
4) excessive exposure to heat like wandering in sun heat.
5) prolonged fasting.
6) modern medicine considers h. Pylori infection as the most common cause of hyperacidity.
Symptoms of amlapitta
1) burning sensation in the chest is the cordial feature of amlapitta.
2) sour eructation, bloating, abdomen distension especially after meals.
3) indigestion of the taken meals.
Management of amlapitta at sukhayurveda
Hyperacidity starts when accumulated toxins begin to disrupt functions of the digestive system. We at sukhayurveda cure underlying root causes like indigestion, constipation, gastritis etc. And provide natural recommendations to remove and help prevent toxin accumulation from:
A) hard to digest food
B) poor digestion
C) poor elimination
D) mental and physical stress
Sukhayurveda detoxifying therapies for amlapitta include abhyangam full body massage, therapeutic purgation etc.
2) proper nutrition
As amlapitta is the disease of the digestive system, so, proper diet has a key role in its treatment. We at sukhayurveda provide proper diet chart to the patients of amlapitta. Pitta pacifying food is recommended. Avoid curd, citrus fruits, tomatoes, excessive salt, tea, coffee, spices and favor foods that are easy-to-digest, nourishing, cleanse the physiology, strengthen digestion and balance your body's inner intelligence. Sukhayurveda consultant advises:
A) proper use of spices and cooking oils
B) herbal preparations to improve digestion
C) proper spacing between breakfast, lunch and dinner
D) favoring foods which stimulate digestion
E) reducing consumption of foods that depress digestion
F) proper food combinations to avoid indigestion
G) non-dietary regiments to improve digestive strength including exercise, specific yoga asanas etc.
3) Ayurveda herbs
We at sukhayurveda also provide proper herbal formulations for hyperacidity and to cure its underlying cause also like constipation, indigestion, excessive stress, gastritis etc. Drugs which are pitta pacifying and improving digestion are used mainly. Amla, mulethi, draksha, kshar, shankh, shukti are mainly used to cure hyperacidity.
4) stress management
Excessive mental and physical stress also is a causative factor for hyperacidity. We at sukhayurveda also provide stress relieving programs. Our destress therapies include shirodhara, takradhara, ksheerdhara, aromatherapy, oil massage etc. Stress causes increased gastric acid secretions causing hyperacidity and it also interferes with digestive process causing indigestion. Enhancing body's ability to recover from stress is an integral part of our approach to health and well-being.
5) lifestyle and daily routine
One of the most important factors for maintaining proper health is to have a lifestyle that does not disturb body's natural rhythms. Sukhayurveda consultant reviews daily routine and creates a daily schedule that will increase balance in physiology and aid in the healing of the body. Avoid excess exposure to heat. Never lie down immediately after taking meals.
Strengthening the body's natural healing and self-repair mechanisms
We at sukhayurveda not only aim to cure the disease but also to cure the underlying causative factors. We boost one's inner power to fight with diseases naturally. The healing response is one of the most complex and coordinated activity within the human physiology and often cannot be strengthened significantly without a comprehensive natural approach.
Taking together all the sukhayurveda programs described above, aim to create the ideal mental, physical and behavioral environment for healing.
Does daily masturbating results in low sperm count And if so, does reducing the frequency will help in increasing the sperm count to father a child.
I had diabetes. Recently while I am asleep some rats have bitten my legs. The wound is not yet healed nut my sugar os increased to 400. What to do? Suggest some suggestions. Please help me.
I am 29 years old female, I have problem of skin on my palms. Whenever winter onsets my palms sweat a lot and there is burning sensation. Please advise.
Dehydration, in simple words, is shortage of water in the body. Every cell in the body needs water in order to function properly. In fact, an adult's body weight is 60% water, while an infant's is up to 80% water. Other than oxygen, there is nothing that the body needs more than water.
Water - the irreplaceable
Water is so important because it has many critical functions in the body. Among other activities, water:
* lubricates the joints and connective tissues
* helps digest the food
* liquifies the mucus when you have got a cold
* eliminates bodily heat through sweat
* carries oxygen, carbohydrates and fats to working muscles
* flushes waste from the body through urine
* boosts endurance during prolonged exercise
* wards off bladder infections by washing out harmful bacteria
* helps curb your appetite
* plumps up wrinkles
* quenches thirst
Types of dehydration;
Mild, moderate and severe are the three types of dehydration. In mild dehydration, body loses 5% of its fluid. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 10%, it is moderate dehydration where medical attention is required. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 15%, it is severe dehydration where the affected person should be hospitalized immediately for intravenous replacement of fluids. In summer one could have lot of sweating which is very normal as the body balances its temperature. The only precaution that could prevent any type of dehydration is to replace lost fluid by drinking plenty of water regularly. Make it a point to take a minimum of 3 litres of water daily.
Dehydration can happen due to:
* insufficient liquid/water intake
* excessive loss of fluids due to diarrhea, vomiting and sunstroke
Signs and symptoms:
* furious thirst
* dizziness or nausea
* extreme exhaustion
* loss of elasticity of skin and wrinkling
* reduced urination
* easily irritable
* dry tongue
Treatment - home remedies
In mild cases of dehydration, the treatment is following the simple thumb rule of replacing the lost fluid. Non-alcoholic drinks may be given in plenty. Coconut water is the best. The oral dehydration solutions and sachets are available, which are easy to use. The following are some of the home remedies:
* drink plenty of water by adding sugar or salt to it.
* take yogurt, buttermilk, mint, apple, pomegranate, papaya, banana, carrot, potato, etc.
* add a few drops of pudinhara to half a cup of water and drink 3 - 4 times.
* drink a mixture of 1 tsf mint juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juie and 1 tsf honey.
* drink 1/2 tsf of dry ginger powder in 1 cup of buttermilk, 3 - 4 times a day.
* chew a few pieces of inner lining of pomegranate with salt and/or drink pomegranate juice.
* prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 tsf lemon juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juice and 1/4 tsf pepper powder and drink it.
* roast 1/2 tsf cumin (jeera) seeds and 1/2 tsf fenugreek seeds; mix and powder it, add to 4 tsf of yogurt, take it thrice a day.
* grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups of water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
* stew apple with 2 pinches of nutmeg powder and 1 tsf sugar and eat it.
* eat plenty of fresh fruits.
* eat one green banana every two to four hours until symptoms subside.
* food rich in potassium are important to restore the body's essential stores depleted during diarrhea. Such foods include lentils, bananas, mangoes, pineapples, coconut milk and citrus fruits.
* avoid alcohol and caffeine, apticots, peas, pears, peaches, plums, prunes, etc. During dehydration.