Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, my mom has a problem of twitching in her left eyelid as well as her cheek, it happens when she's excited or sad or when she laughs. We have done her CT scan as well. Every thing is fine in the results. Sometimes it stops on its own and suddenly it starts again, she is 57 years and weighs 85 kg. She doesn't have allergies. She has high blood pressure and it's in control, takes 5 mg tab daily of Amlokind 5. Pls reply to my question.
I am suffering from myopia, can looking too much at phone screen can increase worsen my eye conditions and increase my eye power?
My baby boy is nine month old and since last two days he had red eyes infection, he rubs again and again eyes. White water drops down. What kind of home remedies may be used?
My 20 year old friend has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? OrI know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day,
Sir I have gone through lasik laser. Can I start gym now. 4 days has been to lasik. So is this ok to start heavy exercise?
I have red eyes from 10 days and yellow eyes from 15 days and head ache from 20 days and leg pain from 20 days what should I do?
My eye is so much paining and I cannot see so far and also my eye is palpitating. pls tell what to do?
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"
Hello Dr. My son is 3.5 years old. Last 1.5 years back we got his eye checkup done in Hyderabad. It was diagnosed as astigmatism. Do we have any treatment for this? Now his eye sight is 1.5 and 2.
My mother is having bulge spot in front of her eyes. She feels no pain, doctors advised her for fat test. She's is always active and she doesn't eat oily or fast food.
Actually meri eyes side weak hai - 2 no but I think ki laser surgery It's is right time for surgery.
09August2013 I had met with road accident on motorbike. I had injury on my left eye and after having MRI report I came to know that I am suffering from multiple small hemorrhages around the optic nerves in medical language (Post traumatic optic nerve atrophy). 2) Next to that I had undergone with endoscopy surgery to decompress the optic nerve. 3) But still I am not recovered yet, I have only vision in one eye i. E right eye my left eye not responding to any kind of light. For your information: I am taking neurobin forte. please Suggest how I can recover from my ailment or what can I do for betterment.
My husband suffers from frequent heat strokes symptoms like breathlessness palpation burning sensation in feet and eyes. How to reduce this problem. He also suffers from seasonal allergic brontics.
After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times.
People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
Exercise your eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple.
All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction