Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
I have slipped disk and doctors told me to get admitted and I have another option to go to the bone setter what should I do?
Iam 57 ,male and diabetic ,the results fir lipoprotein (A) is 72.6 which shall be <30. What shall be changed in diet to bring it to normal and what are the damages with such a high level of lipoprotein (A).regards.
The term neurovascular disease refers to any kind of abnormality that can be observed in the blood vessels or in the blood supply to the spine or brain. The narrowing or shrinking of the arteries due to the plaque buildup also falls under this particular disease, which intervenes the normal blood flow to the brains, and makes the risk of stroke a more prominent one. If not treated at the right time in the right way, neurovascular diseases can not only cause disabilities in the adults, but may also be fatal.
Below are some of the common types of neurovascular diseases.
- Aneurysms: Aneurysms are a particular type of neurovascular disease where a vascular lesion or a balloon shaped abnormality manifests in the artery walls due to the walls' weakness or swelling. Vomiting, nausea and sudden headache of a severe kind are a few common symptoms of it.
- Arteriovenous malformation: When a defect is formed in the circulatory system which reduces the oxygen supply to the spinal cord and the brain, AVM or arteriovenous malformation occurs. While severe pain in the back is the main symptom of arteriovenous malformation in the spinal, headaches and seizures are common symptoms of the malformation in the brain.
- Arteriovenous fistulas: AVF or arteriovenous fistulas are nothing but some unnatural passageways in the vein and the arteries, encompassing the spinal cord and the brain. Here, the blood flows directly into a vein from the arteries through the fistulas, which gives rise to the blood bypassing the capillaries continuously.
- Carotid artery stenosis: When the carotid arteries, situated on the both sides of the neck and leads to the brain, starts to become narrower due to the plaque formation or the compositions of fatty deposits, the normal blood flow gets interrupted severely. Sometimes, mini-strokes or transient ischemic attacks are its first signs.
- Moyamoya disease: It’s comparatively a very rare condition where some blood vessels in the brains close due to blood clots. Some of its early warning signs are speech problems, weakness, limp paralysis and headaches.
- Cavernous malformation: Cavernous malformation refers to a neurovascular disease where not only the malformation occurs in the blood vessels, but they bleed too. Blood leaking from the affected blood vessels makes signs like seizures, vision loss or difficulties in swallowing, visible.
- Stroke: A stroke is a neurological event that happens all of a sudden, without any warning. As a result of it, often a new onset of different neurological symptoms becomes visible. Hemorrhagic stroke, transient ischemic attack, and cerebral infarction or ischemic stroke are three common types of strokes.
Neurovascular diseases are one of the main illness conditions that affect a considerable number of the population worldwide. Therefore, having a proper idea about the types and consulting with a doctor in case one suspects having any of the neurovascular diseases, is of crucial importance for leading a safe and healthy life. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am not having my periods since 3 months. I don't know what the problem is. I am not pregnant. Pls give some suggestions.
Your fantasies might have taken a backseat for the time- being or might have remained silenced for more than a while. The other processes of your usual life go on perfectly except for a few changes that you either consider as minute or you attribute them to any cause other than lowered libido. Failing libido can create hurdles in a man as well as a woman's life and thus should be treated at the earliest possible. Even if you don't care much about an impaired sex life; failing libido can bring about considerable changes in your overall health that can prove to be harmful in the long run.
The common causes of decreased libido can be listed as below:
- Terminal illnesses like cancer, diabetes and neurological disorders can hamper your sex drive.
- Acute exhaustion from performing at work, tending to a family or to a new born can rid you of all energy.
- An instance of sexual abuse in the past can result in lowered libido.
- A lousy lifestyle where you either smoke or drink regularly can prevent you from experiencing sexual desires.
- Irregular sleep patterns can be a contributing factor as well.
- In males testosterone levels may sharply drop due to aging. However, in females estrogen levels may drop after surgeries pertaining to the vaginal tract, after menopause or after childbirth and subsequent breast- feeding.
Ways to deal with your failing libido:
- Take Bupropion to help your case: Dopamine and norepinephrine are two basic hormones particularly necessary for a good sex drive. The consumption of Bupropion is capable of inducing the secretion of these two hormones.
- Try Eating a Mediterranean diet: A Mediterranean diet is perhaps the most reliable solution for a majority of diseases that plague men and women of modern times. This diet is known to treat failing libido in elderly people as well. A Mediterranean diet requires you to eat lots of vegetables and olive oil, while protein should be consumed in limited portions.
- Meditate on a Daily Basis: Meditation concentrates your complete energy on the well- being of your mind and body. It helps you to be conscious and aware of the sensations you feel or may feel. When continued over a long stretch of time, it can restore your interest in sexual activities.
- Make significant efforts to change your lifestyle: If you have an erratic lifestyle, sexual dysfunction is almost inevitable. You need to follow a routine to prohibit your libido from failing you.