Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajni KukerjaYour feedback matters!
Dr. sahib I am pregnant, its 5 th month starting, I have lost my baby of 6 months in 2014 due to fall down many times due to weakness and two time within one month due to health problem. So please suggest me precautions during my pregnancy.
We hve unprotected ex on 16 feb just 4 day after her normal period. Ang after 8 hr she has taken contraceptive pill levonorgestrel 1.5 mg.after that she has some problems like nausea. Stomach pain, nipple pain, white fluid from vagina, and 9 day later from her normal period she has masturbated again with smtime heavy. Smtime slow and sometimes no blood. Plizzz help is she pregnant or what is her problem?
I have 2 simple cyst in left ovary. Size is 50×41 and 38× 34 and pain in lower abdomen , lower back ,urine burning, nausea.please tell me cyst is removed by Meditations and surgery whether to go. Please help.
We have unprotected sex 5 days before for pregnancy. Now my wife is saying that she has some pain in vagina. She is having vaginal discharge also. Are these symptoms of pregnancy?
Me and my wife had sex. But we don't want child now. We should sex twice in a week. But we don't want pregnancy. When should we have to sex. And which day is better to sex to avoid pregnancy.
My sister is 2 month pregnant. please anyone tell what are the food she must take in her regular diet.
Is KY personal gel lubricant is good, to be used on condoms and during intercourse? Suggest the best water based lubs for intercourse and to apply on condoms.
PCOS or poly cystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body. As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Lower inflammation levels: The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate poly cystic ovaries, thereby, producing more androgens.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion: Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor: If you have a family history of PCOS, it's highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
If we try to think about the most consumed drink in the world, then tea will come second to none but water. Interestingly, all types of tea, be it green or black, comes from the same plant i.e. Camellia sinensis. The difference only lies in processing and oxidation that makes the difference.
Without adding anything to it, tea or it’s leaves contain hardly any calories, fat, sodium, carbonation or sugar. Tea contains antioxidants and is known to have many health benefits, including reducing the incidence of diabetes.
Which Is Healthier Diet Drink?
GREEN TEA -Green tea leaves do not undergo fermentation and hence, don’t go through the oxidation process which black tea undergoes. This retains an extremely rich amount of EGCG (epigallactocatechin gallate), a popular antioxidant known for fighting heart disease, strokes, cancer and more.
BLACK TEA -The EGCG in black tea is destroyed during the fermentation process which makes it low in this powerful anti-oxidation.
We are married for almost one year and we tried our level best for one year and it's unfortunate that my wife dint get pregnant. After that she got training for three months and now she is staying in Delhi and am located at Chennai. Almost one month over for her training and we had a meeting during her training and we were involved in intense physical intercourse as it was long time since she joined her training. But now her periods got shifted from her regular dates almost 35 days over (28 days is her regular cycle). We feel she got pregnant and we are happy to greater extend and we are flying in the air. But worrying point is that she have intense training where she has lots of assignments and she sleeps 6 hrs daily and most importantly the cafeteria doesn't provide health and good food to eat. This is my situation. My basic questions are as follows, 1. As the food is not good and training is healthy I want to understand how our baby will be healthy¿.2. If she is not much healthy what will happen to baby. 3. If she is too much stressed during her training what will happen to baby and my wife. 4. What all the things that I should do to make my wife and my baby in good condition. 5. Will this stress affects baby health conditions. Request your sincere advice.
Last year I was carrying 2 months & has to abort because there was no cardiac activity found & now I have been trying to conceive & I'm not able to so which is the right time to have intercourse to conceive has I'm having scanty flow.
Emergency contraception refers to method of contraception that can be used after sexual intercourse
Methods of emergency contraception are
- 1insertion of cu-t within 5 days of sexual contact
- 2 emergency contraceptive pills --tab levonorgesterol (i-pill, unwanted 72) to be taken within 72 hours but are more effective if taken within 24 hours
- Tab ulipristal acetate 30 mg
- 3.3-5 tablets of oral contraceptive pill.
Tab levonorgesterol 1.5 mg single dose is most commonly used emergency contraception. Here we will be discussing emergency contraceptive pill -levonorgesterol (ecp)
Ecp prevents pregnancy by delaying ovulation (egg release). It does not interrupt an existing pregnancy
Ecp should be used in following conditions -
- Unprotected intercourse
- Concerned about regular contraceptive failure. Like condom tears or slips. Missed pill for regular 3 days etc
- Incorrect use of contraceptive
- Sexual assault
Ecp prevents 95% of pregnancy if taken within 72hours of unprotected intercourse
There are no medical contraindication to use of ecp but it should not be used regularly, after the use of ecp a regular contraceptive method should be resumed. Like oral contraceptive pill or iucd or injectable contraceptives
Side effects of ecp use are-
- Nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, abdominal cramps, headache, dizziness
- Regular intake of ecp may cause menstrual irregularities like---
- Inter menstrual spotting
- Delayed or early periods
- Heavy periods
If periods are delayed after intake of ecp urine pregnancy test should be done
Thus emergency contraceptive pill should not be considered an alternative to regular contraceptive method. Regular contraceptive method should be adopted and ecp should be used only in emergency.
Hi, My sister in not getting breast milk it's one week over from her delivery. She has taken perinorm for 3 days but still she is not getting sufficient milk. Can she take lactare capsule.
Truth is, you can.
Your body is an intelligent temple. It always gives off alarms or notifications if something is going wrong somewhere. These few signs can alert you that your thyroid may not be functioning as well as it should be:
1. You have begun to gain weight suddenly.
2. Your energy levels have drastically gone down.
3. You are sweating more than you usually do (even during cold weather).
4. Your skin has become dry and hair has become strawy and brittle.
5. Your appetite has reduced.
6. You have suddenly become constipated.
If you begin to experience a combination of any of the above symptoms, it is advisable to get your thyroid levels checked.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.