Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajneesh MadanYour feedback matters!
There are two methods by which abortion can be done:
- Medical Abortion - Non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
- Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating a pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D and E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
- If pregnancy is lesser than = 7 weeks; medical method with Mifepristone with Misoprostol is favorable as the success rate is as high as 97%.
- If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
- If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks - 20 weeks, then the woman needs to be hospitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only Misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the hospital. If any products are remaining, then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion. If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. before 7 weeks, final choice has to be given to the woman.
Summary of choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
- Lesser than = 7 weeks - Medical method or surgical method
- 7-12 weeks - Surgical abortion
- 12 - 20 weeks - Medicines with or without surgical procedure in hospital
Advantages of Medical Abortion
- Avoid surgery - Controlled by the woman and may take place at home
- No need for admission to the hospital
- Usually, well tolerated by women, if properly counselled and motivated
- No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be managed with menstrual pads even while in the office or at work.
Disadvantages of medical abortion
- Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
- Quick procedure
- Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception
- Takes place in a hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled
Disadvantages of surgical abortion
- Requires instrumentation of the uterus
- Small risk of uterine or cervical injury
- Timing of abortion controlled by the doctor and hospital
- Anaesthesia needs to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. A woman needs to be in the hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throughout the day.
Drinking warm water early morning and at bed time is very necessary to keep your gut healthy and toxin free.
Dear sir/madam. I need small help please give suggestion for my question. My wife is pregnant first time in January 2017 but sum family problem issue that why my wife abortion in March 2017. Than I need again pregnant my wife How long time to next pregnant. Know continue sex with my wife with in 2 month but no results coming in pregnant.
Hi we had a unprotected sex and taken unwanted 72 within 5 hr, but he's period got delayed almost 8 days, and she didn't feel lke any bleeding aftr taking the tablet, and she feel lke vomiting sensation aftr 4 days, is it she is pregnant?
Sir, I'm a 21 years old female. I've irregular menstrual cycle, also have hair growth on my face. I'm getting fat day after day. What should I do? Is this a disease?
Hi, I had a miscarriage last week on 08/11/2017. D&C was done. After two days it started bleeding. Then its going on. But quantity is very less. I was having cramp in lower abdomen. Now I don't have any pain but little bit of blood is dropping .Today I did usg of whole abdomen. It is saying. Incomplete Abortion. And also Uterus is anteverted and bulky showing echogenic material in endometrial cavity with vascular strands. No focal myometrial SOL is noted in it. Cervical Canal is closed. I contacted with doctor he asked me to wait for few days if bleeding doesn't stop another D&C has to be done. My question is can't it be cured with medication. I took couple of Antibiotics.
Hi, I have 2 multiple fibroid 56mms and 34mms can these cure by homeopathy and allopathy medicines and how much time it will take and what are its side effects?
My date of periods is between 13 to 16 but I do not want periods to come this month as I am going out to various temples. So I do not want it. please suggest me the medicine to postpone it. Dosage, n will it effect on periods of next month?
The early childhood period is considered to be the most important developmental phase throughout the lifespan. This period focuses on the physical, social/emotional and language/cognitive domains of development of a child, which have direct effects on their overall development as an adult in the future.
Physical Development: Physical developments of a child are associated with the motor skills and physical growth of the child. As a child grows and his or her nervous system become more mature, the child becomes more capable of performing increasingly complex actions such as walking, running, balance, and coordination which involve the larger muscles like arms and legs, as well as, some more intricate skills such as drawing, writing, grasping objects, throwing, waving, and catching, involving the smaller muscles in the fingers, toes, eyes, and other areas. Physical growth follows a directional pattern, such as the body's core, legs and arms develop before the small muscles in the fingers and hands. The muscles in the center of the body become stronger and develop before those in the feet and hands. Development goes from the head to the toes.
Cognitive Development: Cognitive abilities are associated with memory, reasoning, problem-solving and thinking that continue to emerge throughout childhood. There are four Stages of Cognitive Development:
Age Period Between
Birth to age 2
Respond to sensory stimuli by simple motor skills.
Age 2 to 6
Learn to use language, but do not understand logic or mentally manipulate information and understand others' point of view.
Concrete Operational Stage
Age 7 to 11
Begin to think logically about concrete events, but have difficulty understanding abstract or hypothetical concepts.
Formal Operational Stage
Age 12 to adulthood
Able to think about abstract concepts and develop skills such as logical thought, deductive reasoning, and systematic planning.
Language Development: It is the most remarkable development in children. According to several researches, it is found that language development begins at fetal level, as the fetus is able to identify the speech and sound patterns of the mother's voice and by the age of four months, a child can distinguish between sounds and read lips. Infants are able to differentiate between speech sounds from all languages; however, around the age of 10 months they lose this ability and begin to recognize their native language only.
Do you have a habit of secretly picking your nose? This is a very common bad habit, which many people carry out, in spite of it being a habit which is frowned upon. There is a certain amusement that people seem to enjoy about picking the nose. However, on top of being a very unhealthy and unhygienic habit, it is harmful for the body as well.
Why should you stop picking your nose?
Picking your nose is quite dangerous for your body. Your fingers contain many harmful germs, which are transmitted into your nostrils when you are digging into your nose. A specific germ known as Staphylococcus aureus can live in the front part of your nose. Combining the habit of nose picking along with the germs, may lead to the development of abrasions. These abrasions can bleed and promote more germs. As a result, the crust and irritation increase the more you keep on picking your nose. Based on where you are and what you have touched with your hands, some seriously dangerous germs may enter your body, causing health hazards and complications.
Children are notorious by nature and it is very common among children to pick their nose resulting in nose bleeding. The blood supply to the nose is quite vigorous in nature and there are five arteries that reach to the front part of the nose or Kisselbach’s plexus. When an abrasion takes place, there are chances of severe bleedings, due to damage to these fragile arteries.
Picking your nose may lead to the development of pimples in the nose hair follicles.
In case a small pimple in the nose develops into a boil, the infection may travel to the brain through your bloodstream.
In case you are suffering from cold and your sinus is blocked, picking your nose may lead to the development of sinusitis. This happens because of the introduction of various bacteria present beneath your fingernails into the nose. They may proceed to the sinus cavity from your nose. Due to insufficient drainage, the bacteria will multiply and cause a sinus infection.
Picking your nose on a regular basis makes your nose a breeding group of dangerous germs. If you do not wash your hands after picking your nose, these germs may be transmitted to others.
If you feel some irritation in your nose or feel a constant stuffiness, you should use a tissue paper to soothe your nostrils. Avoid using your fingers for picking and if the irritation lasts even after cleaning it, you should consult a doctor.