Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SinglaYour feedback matters!
Tomorrow I am checked sugar in blood is 148 at night, 30 minutes after taking dinner. Is it leads to diabetics? Please help me.
My wife is 47 years old. She has following problems: Thyroid (Hypo) High Blood pressure, Sugar type 2 Have knee pain and ankle pain. Gas problem Her gall bladder is eliminated. Has chest pain while walking (ECG report was normal) She is suffering from all these problem for last 5-7 years. Please advise with special advise for my knee joint pain.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the blood sugar levels and the utilization of sugar in the body. Glucose is important for the body to build up muscles and acts as a source of fuel for the brain functions.
In diabetic conditions, the blood glucose level is so high that it will lead to serious health problems, which may even be fatal. Diabetes is of two types, type I and type ii. There are several treatments for diabetes and homeopathic treatment using drugs can improve the health of diabetic patients effectively and aid in achieving good control over blood glucose.
Frequent appearance of boils
Slow healing of wounds
Homoeopathic medicine has been a safe and effective healing modality for 200 years. It works for treatment and prevention. Homoeopathy and can cure 80% of each type cases within two or three years. After homoeopathic case taking, according to totality of symptoms and law of similar all physical and mental symptoms are taken and treatment is giving to the patient. In strict homoeo treatment even insulin dependent patient [idp] can stop their insulingradually. For this weekly fbs and ppbs report is necessary. Medicines such as helonias, phos, iodum, syzygium jambolanum, cephal, (mother tincture) are used by us effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases. Often, patients come to us already under insulin replacement. In such cases we advise the continuance of the replacement ahile starting them off on our medicines. After some months, when we see a consistent control over the blood sugar levels, we taper off the conventional replacement therapy.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Sir, I m suffering from diabetes for the last two yrs, last week I tested my diabetes (two hours after lunch), the report shows 281 but from that blood sample, my three months average diabetes shows 138, how it is possible? before 3 days my rendom blood sugar was 152, I m taking tablet for diabetes, please give me your suggestion.
Hi doctor, my mom is having diabetes from 3 years she like mango more she can have mango. What to do?
Hello doctor, I feel insensitivity in my both toes from last 2 months. I done a diabetes test and it is normal. I never listen these type of problems by anyone. Please suggest me what is the exact problem and what is the treatment I have take for this. Is it a serious problem. Thanks.
I am 29years old, recently my uterus is removed due heavy bleeding. After 5 mnts I felt some uneasy like dizziness. I go thru tsh my tsh percentage is 15.6, I started medicine take 100mg every day. After 15 days again I went for tsh test its 1.5 now. I will stop this medicine for this how will I take care and how to reduce the tsh percentage, and how it will be normal. Can you please suggest me please.
Actually she is taking treatment for thyroid. But nowadays she is feeling from joint pain and also numbness in early morning as soon as she got up.
I am a sugar patient .My P.P. Always remains in between 250 - 300 Fasting is 175 . How to get rid from this since I have problem with my foot I cannot go for brisk walking What is my remedy?
Dear sir My age is 31, unmarried girl. I am suffering lots of problems like urine infection, bp low, thyroid, swelling on face every time, white spots on body but currently under control. Internal weakness every time. Cervical problem, on face too much problems many spots n infection facing from past 12 years, sensitive teethes, sinus problem, problem in breathing, when I breath my nose & neck feel to much fry so that I can not sleep properly. N so many much more problems please tell what I have to do have one body with lots or problems.
Hi, I am 52 years of age and suffer from sugar and BP. Sugar I maintain by not taking sweet diet and tea without sugar. For BP I am taking Telma 40 mg twice a day. Pls advise foods I should take and avoid to maintain my sugar and BP both within limit. Thanks
I am 28 years old female and hav suffering from hypo thyroid for last 3 years. Am using eltroxin 100. Still how many days I wants used.
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
– Sea food, meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH