Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SinglaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am rishi I am 25 yrs old man n I have suffering from diabetes problem so what should I do.
I was pregnant with 10 weeks. Doctors told me that I have diabetes my fasting sugar was 97, and had given glycomet 500. The very next day I had bleeding and aborted my child. Does it was an affect of metformin. I think my fasting sugar was not that much high. please answer. I am very much in grief.
I am 23 female having hypothyroid. Taking 50 mcg tablet and i am doing daily exercise. And i am recover from constipation. Still having irregular periods. Is this a life time problem. When i am going to stop the tablets. I cannot tolerate this to take life time tablets. Please give some suggestion to get recover fully from this.
Drinking juices is good. I am not a diabetes patient but I am a boundary line case. I drink tea without sugar to be on safe side. Will drinking juices sold by Tropicana and Real advisable for me?
What are Lysine and glycine, L arginine. A person having a problem of high uric acid, with the intake of the above trio combo increase the uric acid. Does the combo have side effects on liver also.
My weight is losing day by day im 29 age male is it is thyroid problem or hyperthyroidism please give best remedy for this my TSH level I 0.31.
Dear Sir, Day before yesterday I went for a sugar test after eating chicken and it came 265. AM I diabetic? What can I do now to control?
I am 27 years old I am suffering from gout my uric acid raises to 9 please tell me the role of lemon water for uric acid and prescribe a diet chart for me to control uric acid and other suggestions.
I am 38 years old having high blood sugar level. Fasting bs is 197. Hb1ac is 9.33, having the problem over 5 years. Please suggest me good medicine without side effects.
I am type 2 diabetes and sugar level is around 140-150 after food and i am vegetarian and my weight is around 80 what are the measure i have to take to reduce the weight and i have thyroid problem and i am taking medicine for that sr100.
All day tiredness yawning laziness. Pls help any medicine. I am taking medicine of b12 and thyroid and both of them are normal level.
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.