Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SethYour feedback matters!
I am forget everything very quickly, my memory power also weaken & it effect on my life very badly please suggest.
My father is 52 years old on 24/4/15 he is paralysed by half body now he was little bit ok. But still he lost little memory and forget few thing in daily life routine please advice what can I do ?
I have problem of insomnia since last 20 years I have taken all medicine of b group, my age is 41 years also problem of epilepsy took valparin crorno 200 mg but this is under control but sleepless night tell me what I do?
Left side of my father does not working properly due to got a paralysis attack 4 year ago. Will my father came out from this illness ?
We opted to perform knee replacement for 18 months before and post her surgery, she started becoming slow. If a normal person raises a hand in a second, my mum takes 3 seconds to do it. She also started stammering often. We consulted a neuro and he said that the damage was due to uncontrolled bp. She has been taking BP meds for 6 years now. Doc also told this can't be cured and can only be controlled. Pls advise. She's almost bed ridden now.
My dad has been suffering from epilepsy for about 40 years and he has been on medications such as phenobarbital 60 mg and I would really like the seizures to stop, can I have some advise please?
I have chronic migraine headache since last four years. Many time it takes a giant turn. What to do?
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.