Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SethYour feedback matters!
When I am excited, my hands do shake more what should I do control shivering too when I get excited?
My hands are shivering. I feel that this is because of nerves weakness. Could you suggest a method through which I can cure this. Please also suggest some food items which will strengthen my nerves. Please.
Can a elderly person around 80 years who has had DNA episode and has moderate partial vascular dementia be kept at home under nursing care or she has to be shifted from hospital to a nursing home.
Hi sir for my mum severe head ache on one side n shown to doctor thy told n gave tablet migraine any problem if migraine.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.
Eptoin 100 mg and clonotril-0.5 morning dose and lopazam 10 mg eptoin 100 mg clonotril-0.5 night dose taking from last month patient body and mind uncontrollable same like fully alcohol drunken, female patient, is seizures can be treated with these medicines. Best way to cure.
I have been eating a lot of junk food lately and I have observed that in the morning when I get up from bed I feel very weak and my hands and legs feel numb.
I had a surgery for slip disk C5 C6 it was almost 90% pressure on spinal cord the slip disc was from front of the vertebral column. My surgery is done near the neck right side. My right hand n leg was getting numb at all time few fingers in my hand were totally numb n senseless I was not able to do Any sort of work.
I am having burning sensation in both the foot and numbness feeling sometime in left foot fingers. There is tiring feeling while I am standing. I take Riomet duo 1 after lunch and Glyciphage tab after dinner in addition in the night I take pre neuron in 150mg but still no much improvement. Please advise.
Hi, My father got brain stroke on left side. He was in ICU for 35 days on doctors suggestion. But there is no use, he still in his own world. Hardly he is able to opne his eyss when we call him. Now he is feeling some pains and showing his expression s. What is possibility of recovering from current situation to normal position?
Dear sir madam I did sex with a prostitute 3 and half month ago. I have been getting numbness and cramps in leg and hand and tingling and loose stool twice a day. After 10 of the sex .my body is not absorbing food that is malabsorption. Mymajor problem is inflammation in leg and hand joint .pls help is it a sign if hiv. I got tested for hiv rapid after 10 days of sex .it was negative.
I am suffering from migraine and time to time it becomes worse. Please help how to cure and get rid of it.
Hi, my dad was operated for brain haemorrhage, the operation was successful and clotting was removed, My question is some times he goes into such a deep sleep that he would wake up if we call or pinch him, I tried a lot to make him open his eyes but he won't, he raises his hand and even yarn. Is this common for this kind of surgery or is it a serious neuro issue. Regards,
I have migraine headache problem since last 5-6 years. It starts in early morning and last till after noon. Sometimes it creates vomiting to me. It's there permanent solution for this?
Hello sir, i'm 34 year old male facing whole body tremors specially in hands and legs. I consulted with doctor and he prescribed me PACITANE (trihexyphenidyl HYDROCHLORIDE) 1 MORNING 1 NIGHT, OPTINEURON FORTE 1 MORNING 1 EVENING, FLUNIL 20 MG 1 NIGHT but after 1 month treatment I was facing problem with my memory, it is very difficult to recall things just happened, I forget things instantly, treatment is continue but memory is getting worst. Please suggest me treatment for my condition. Thanks.
I am having migraine constantly. I am using medicines but can not get rid of them. What should I do?
Regardless of whether the cause is a tumor, trauma, stroke or any other illness, any injury which inflicts damage on your brain cells is considered to be a brain damage.
There are two types of brain damage, both of which interfere with the standard functioning of the brain.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): Either resulting from a tumor or a neurological illness, for instance a stroke, this type of brain injury originates from the cellular level and is commonly linked with brain pressure.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It results from any damage imparted to the skull usually from an external and physical force like a blow to the head or a head accident, which in turn damages the brain.
How severe the brain damage is depends largely on the type of brain injury. Mild brain injuries are temporary, causing headaches, memory lapses, nausea and confusion. On the other hand, severe brain injuries cause cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments which are often life-changing and permanent.
Acquired brain injuries may be caused by:
- Being exposed to toxic substances
- Choking, strangulation or drowning
- Heart attacks
- Neurological illnesses
- Illegal drug abuse
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Physical violence
- Head blows
- Falls and other mishaps
Whether acquired or traumatic, symptoms of brain damage can be classified under four major groups:
1. Cognitive symptoms generally include
- Having a hard time processing information or expressing thoughts
- Difficulty in understanding others or abstract concepts
- Memory loss
- Short attention spans
2. Physical symptoms generally include
- Excessive physical fatigue
- Extreme mental fatigue
- Persistent and frequent migraines or headaches
- Sleep disorders
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
3. Perceptual symptoms generally include
- Spatial disorientation
- Smell and taste disorders
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Changes in hearing, seeing, or touch sensations
- Unable to perceive time
- Balance problems
4. Emotional or behavioral symptoms generally include
- Decreased stress tolerance
- Heightened or flattened reactions or emotions
- Impatience and irritability
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.