Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SethYour feedback matters!
RISK FACTORS OF DEMENTIA
Dementia usually affects older people. While it is possible to develop dementia early in life, the chances of doing so increase dramatically with age. One in 50 people between the ages of 65 and 70 have a form of dementia, compared to one in five people over the age of 80.
Mind your head There is no fail-safe way to prevent dementia, no magic medicines or vitamins that do this, but there is now good evidence that a healthy lifestyle and diet could reduce your risk.
Causes of Alzheimer’s diseaseIt is unlikely that there is a single cause of Alzheimer's disease. Researchers believe that many factors, including age, genetic background and lifestyle, work together and lead to the onset of the disease. Information sheet Am I at risk of developing Alzheimer's disease? Information sheet Aluminium and Alzheimer's disease.
Causes of vascular dementia Many factors can affect whether a person develops vascular disease or vascular dementia, including lifestyle, diet, and drinking and smoking habits. Some types of vascular disease are hereditary. People with high blood pressure, a high level of fats in their blood or diabetes are at an increased risk of developing vascular disease.
Learning disabilities and dementia The prevalence of dementia in people with other forms of learning disability is also higher than in the general population. People with Down’s syndrome are at particular risk of developing dementia.Information sheet Learning disabilities and dementia
My mother is in her late 50's she is having hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, osteoporosis, hyperlipidemia which medicines she should take.
? Eating meals and snacks on a regular schedule.
? Sleeping on a regular schedule - avoid napping and sleeping in on weekends.
? Staying well hydrated ? that means 2-3 liters of water a day.
? Exercising regularly.
? Include ginger, sesame seeds, celery, sweet potato, quinoa, spinach in meals ? as it helps in preventing migraine headaches.
We're all guilty of making fun of snorers, but sometimes this snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a condition where breathing is not continuous and may start and stop many times while asleep. This affects the quality of your sleep and in turn can affect many aspects of your health including your cardiovascular health. Here's how:
High Blood Pressure: When a sleep apnea patient's breathing stops, the oxygen levels in the blood also suddenly fall. This can increase your blood pressure. High blood pressure means that the heart muscles need to work harder to pump blood through the body.
Cardiomyopathy: As a result of high blood pressure, the heart walls may become thicker and the heart muscles become stiffer. This is known as Cardiomyopathy. As this condition worsens, the heart becomes weaker and is unable to maintain a regular rhythm. This can eventually lead to heart failure.
Arrhythmia: An irregular heartbeat is also known as Arrhythmia. This may also be related to the changes in the heart's structure that follow the drop in blood oxygen levels. In many cases, Arrhythmia has no visible symptoms and can often go undiagnosed. This can result in the formation of blood clots in the atria which can lead to a stroke.
Sleep apnea is easy to diagnose. If the doctor feels that you show symptoms of sleep apnea, you may be asked to stay on the hospital overnight and undergo a sleep evaluation. This tests a variety of body functions including brain activity, eye movements, heart rate, breathing patterns and blood oxygen levels.
Treatment for sleep apnea depends on the causes for this condition. If you are overweight, regular exercise and a change in diet can help you lose the excess weight and cure sleep apnea. Similarly, if your sleep apnea is triggered by an allergy, treating the allergy can help cure the sleep apnea. Other forms of treatment for sleep apnea may include:
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP): This is a machine which pumps air into the body through a nasal mask. By keeping the pressure in the machine higher than normal air pressure the upper airway passages are kept open and hence the quality of your sleep is improved. An auto CPAP machine can modulate the air pressure such that it is higher when you inhale and lower when you exhale.;
Oral devices: Your doctor may suggest oral devices that allow you to keep your mouth open while you sleep. This is easier to use than CPAP machine but less effective. Surgery is the last resort when it comes to treatment for sleep apnea.
I have a migraine problem which isn't getting better. I am taking homeopathic medication for my problem. What can I do to reduce my migraine?
I have a migraine headache from may years. I know that it can't be over, but suggest me something that how can I lower the pain.
Is there is any treatment for brain stroke in ayurveda and homeopathy. I am taking" ecosprin" for the last one year for brain stroke but the results are not upto the mark.
My son is 23 months old. He is not speaking not more than 3-5 words till now. He don't have any hearing problem. He understands all most everything we speak day to day. Is there any abnormality in this. Please suggest remedy.
I am a 26yrs old female. With gradual increase in age, facing bleeding problems. Like sometimes, my gums start bleeding, it's so fragile. During my menstrual cycle, occasionally, bleeding starts from my nose for initial 1 to 2 days only, along with menstrual bleed. Also having c/o. Bony tenderness, mainly spinal area, from cervical to sacrum. Previously, taken accupuncture therapy of 6 months course for spinal tenderness. What i'll do? i'm in pain?
I am 24 year old male. I have acute headache. I had the migraine medication but it did not work. What should I do?
Hello sir, My daughter 11 years old she have PGE primary general epilepsy. She take Keppra 250 mg medicine. I want know if PGE can cure by operation are possible or not ? Any doctor or hospital in south Asian country? Please give solution without medicine.
I am male age 26 and I am suffering from migraine (partly headache) please help me how to recovery from this problem.
It is not that very easy to get complete recovery after spinal surgery and for that you have to rely on different caring tips. Your surgeon can help you in this regard and can provide you a checklist containing different essential caring tips. You should follow those tips sincerely so that unwanted side-effects can be easily avoided.
Few caring tips after a spine surgery:
- Consumption of adequate amount of proteins: If the protein content is increased in your diet, then quickest recovery can be definitely expected. Muscle collagen can be strengthened and healed with the regular intake of the necessary amounts of protein. In fact, infectious conditions can be effectively dealt with by protein intake.
- Getting adequate rest: Proper rest is needed and you should have enough sleep for getting complete recovery. If your body needs some more sleep than the standard one, then you should go for the same. Your mood, memory and body will get refreshed and rejuvenated by taking proper sleep at night. In fact, you can also get rid of pains and other side-effects after surgery by taking rest.
- Taking nutritional supplements: There are a few essential nutrients that are needed after the surgical procedure and they are vitamin D, vitamin C, Omega-3 fatty-acids, magnesium and others. These nutritional elements are now available in the form of supplements and are readily available in the stores. Though these supplements are completely organic, but still you should start taking the same when doctors permit you. These supplements help in collagen healing and thus speedy recovery can be gained by taking them in a consistent manner. Muscle heath can be effectively protected by consuming these supplements.
- Acute hydration: Hydration is highly needed especially after spinal surgery so that toxin accumulation can be prevented. If you want to get proper hydration, then nothing can be a better option than drinking lots of water. In fact, spinal surgeons also recommend the same for avoiding surgical complications. Tea, coffee and sodas need to be completely replaced with water. Your system can be thoroughly cleaned by draining out toxins.
- Eliminating refined sugars from diet: Refined flour and sugary products are to be completely curtailed from regular diet; otherwise you might face severe complications. Your blood-sugar level needs to be regulated. If your immunity system gets suppressed, then you will be in great trouble and hence sugar should not be included in your diet at all.
My daughter is 8 years fell in floor from standing condition suddenly and was hurt at her back of head. She became unconscious for couple of minutes. Advised by her paediatrician we got her Brain MRI. The report tells" shows features suggestive of small signal abnormalities in bilateral periventricular white matter - likely due to encephalomalacic lesions" Other reports such as EEG, Echo, ECG, CBC (blood) are normal. TSH is slightly elevated 4.7 and Vit D is slightly less. What is it exactly? In case there has been any damage to her brain tissue, is it irreversible? Any remedy?
I am 33 years old and I have started feeling little senselessness in my left arm fingers at the tip from the last couple of months.
What are the symptoms of dengue, malaria, swine flue and how can I prevent it. What are the symptoms of brain tumor.
In 2009 I suffered from bells palsy n it took 1 month to get cure. Since 2 days my left eyebrow is twitching and today mild pain started in my left ear is it normal or again major prblm. M worried !
Is neurotherapy or neurofeedback could correct autism? of course, occupational therapy is suggested everywhere. I want to confirm about neurotherapy benefits in curing central nervous system disorders like autism. My son, 8 and 1/2 years old, still not able to talk a full sentence, mingle with the kids and academically many issues. Occupational therapy is continuous but relatively very slow progress on my son. Please let me know any patient who have benefitted by neurotherapy. Regards,
A migraine is something, which can really make a person’s day go from bad to worse. However, while popping an aspirin may be the age old solution for solving such a literally mind numbing issue, it really does not mean that this is the best solution. Theoretically, the best solution to a migraine should come naturally to the person, who is unfortunately the victim of a migraine.
It is more than a headache
When a person has a migraine, he or she is likely to know that this is the case due to a pulsating sensation behind the eye. In addition to this, there are quite a few other symptoms which include pain on one side of the head, nausea and a sensitiveness to light in its various forms.
Natural treatments for migraine
There are a range of possible natural solutions a person can make use of to get rid of migraine hits.
- One of these solutions is quite simple, even if it sounds a little odd! Take a few cabbage leaves, crush them and using a soft cloth, apply the paste on the forehead of the person who is having a migraine attack.
- While a person who is down with migraine may feel that life has given him or her lemons, he or she should really not despair. This is because these lemons can be made use of, as well, in order to make the ill effects of the migraine go away. To do this, take five lemons, peel them, grind them well and then add a little bit of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the patient’s forehead.
- Apart from using remedies to cure migraine, there are a few other things which are needed to be done in order to get up and running as soon as possible. One of these things is to get enough rest. Taking into account the fact that a migraine has the potential to severely hinder the prospect of a person functioning normally, for a person to push himself or herself against the intense migraine discomfort so as to fulfil his or her responsibilities will not only result in substandard work, but will also make the situation worse.
- Hot and cold compress can also go some way in improving a person’s migraine problem.
- All beverages apart from water and tea should be avoided. Water hydrates and is essential while tea is diuretic.
If you follow these natural remedies, you will successfully be able to treat your migraine issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.