Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SethYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from loose motion and headache from 9 months, something running inside my body and vibrating also. I have low BP always and have pimples on my face.
Hi 20 days ago I sat on my left leg for about 30 minutes. When I got up I found finger next to my smallest finger and part of toe numb. Its been 20 days but no improvement in condition/ I took mecomore injection (5) now what to do? no pain. No burning sensation. Please guide me.
Doctor I am facing migraine problem since long time I took disprin whenever I got pain Is their Any permanent solution of this because I am facing this daily.
My wife suffering from migraine on left side on head sometime it became simply irresistible. What she can do for relief at that time.
Gd evng sir& madam. Dis is akbar I have a query about my grandfather as he is suffering from alzheimer's disease&Dementia. As he is also a diabetic&bp patient. He is suffering from dementia since 4 years. He is unable neither urinate nor have food himself. At present my grand mother is suffering a lot because of him. I would like to know the best treatment according to his present situation.
I was washing clothes one day nd my legs were shivering. I do not knw why it happens. Is it weakness or any deficiency?
My left side of face is not working properly means no moment on left side. I had an accident what is the reason.
I'm 26 years old male, and I have migraine problem since last 8 years, could you please suggest the solution to get rid of this?
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.