Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Me sex kya tha August 12 ko hum dono ko yad he ki hum protection use kie the aur kuch problem nai hua he phir v mera period 4 ko tha is mahine delay hua he avitak nai hua he aur kya itni jaldi pregnancy test karna sahi rahega please help me.
I was not getting periods regularly what to do. I was having nemonia from 3 years when I was used tablets for that you increased my weight and not getting periods regularly from then.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
She's been diabetic from childhood, can she able to give birth to a child? What are the problems she has to face if she can?
Hello doctor. I am married women aged 26 years. I am having bleeding after sex. What are the probable reasons for this?
I have never taken any type of tablets for sex, eg viagra I was just thinking to take just once to get the experience how its work? can you suggest what type of care I have to take at time of taking this tablets? at a time how many tablets I can take and before how many hours I have to take this tablets, without food or with food etc etc please help.
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
My wife is suffering from breast cancer tumer size 2.5 cm lymph nodes 18 involved and removed can it be cured chemotherapy was administed 8 cycles complesed suregery completed radiation thearapy will be advised and thereafter er and pr i. E, harmonal treatment will be given after all these treatment breast cancer will be completely wiped out.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- IVF allows same sex partners and single women to bear an offspring.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello viewers, I am Dr Deepti Gupta, practising Ayurveda since last 10 years in DLF Phase-1, Gurgaon. Today I am going to discuss about the Panchkarma therapy and its applications.
Panchakarma in Ayurveda means 5 significant processes which are helping to detox the body channel through different roots and methods. For example, in Panchakarma, we do Vamanam, Vierechanam, Vasti, Nasyam and Rakta moksham. So many times, prople come to us and ask about Panchakarma.
Shirodhara and Abhyangam is not only Panchakarma, they are the part of a therapy. But the actual Panchakarma which is more usefull for todays life because in present era we all live in sedentary kind of atmosphere due to which our lifestyle has changed. The dietary pattern is also so much changed because we do not have much time to focus on diet. We are going for market things. We consume so many preservative things. For gradually consuming such things from childhood to the adulthood, we are facing many problems like skin allergies, gaestrological discomfort, indigestion, constipation etc. When these problems regularly occur, then the major problem arises. So, the root cause is the depletion of metabolism. So, with the help of Panchakarma, we can cure any kind of ailments in our body like skin problems. FRom skin problems to different kinds of cancer including chronic ailments like joint problems and all, we can achieve very good results with the help of Panchakarma.
Vamanam therapy is used to detox the upper stomach and the cough dooshan in the body.
Vierechanam is the therapeutic Purgation, without any complication we can detox our body.
Nasyam is the nasal administration. It is very useful in migraine or ENT kind of any problem, then Nasyam is very good for that.
Rakta moksham are different kind of and so many kind of blood impurities can be detox by this therapy.
Last is the Vasti. Vasti is an overall chikitsa in Ayurveda. This is the major treatment in Ayurveda. From the joint pain to the paralysis, we can have very good results. There are different kinds of Vasti. FRom the detox to the nutrition purpose and different ailmensts we need to check in the body. Vasti is very usefull in such conditions.
So, this is the briefing about Panchakarma. This is very useful in balancing the body, mind and soul.
I just suggest you all that whenever you go for the marriage or any other big purpose, before going to any other procreation, I suggest every young girl and boy to indulge in Panchakarma and take the advantage of this to develop a healthy nation.
You can consult and take a suggestion that which Panchakarma is useful for you for maintaining the health and making the best out of you.
You can come to my clinic or contact me through Lybrate.
I am 28 years old female. I am suffering from cold. I have this 365 days of the year and this irritates a lot. Nearly 20-30 times I sneeze a day. I have consulted the specialist too but no positive outcome has arrived. I am willing to plan a baby so is that ok to plan so with this all time cold. Will my baby get contracted to it. If not then when should I plan a baby and want to know if I am perfectly fit to conceive.
People do ask this question to me so many times.
But this s not true, yes there may be difficulty in getting pregnant after 35 years but not true that always you will end sterile.
The fact is that each woman will be born with fixed number of eggs in her ovary at birth, after which with each menses eggs number start decreasing year after year, and above age 35 it decreases very fast. So some patients may not become pregnant or may face difficulty in getting pregnant.
But with latest treatment modalities like ivf you can become pregnant, so please do consult infertility consultant and get treated as early as possible or else you will be left with donor ovum option only.
Please feel free to talk to me.
I hv vaginal infection, I want to know is this the reason for bloated stomach too. please give suggestion or treatment to cure vaginal infection.
If we are talking health and health concerns, sneezing seems to be inconsequential. However, in reality sneezing is quite discomforting. Occasional sneezing is a natural defense mechanism of your body that helps throw out unwanted elements in the respiratory passage. This cannot be called a disease. A certain kind of sensitivity in the mucous membrane of your nose can make you sneeze repeatedly. Irritability to specific food products or weather conditions can lead to frequent sneezing. Recurrent sneezing is therefore directly linked to various kinds of allergy.
Ayurveda has been known for its efficacy in treating a vast range of diseases. Ayurveda diagnoses an ailment or a disorder in eight ways. This branch of alternative medicine examines the pulse, urine, stool, tongue, vision, speech and the touch of a person. The problem of intermittent sneezing can also be dealt with through the use of Ayurvedic diagnostic procedures and medications.
Haridrakhanda: This powder is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat sneezing. A spoonful of Haridrakhanda with warm milk or warm water can really make you feel better. The medication should be taken four times a day to achieve desired results.
Shadabindu Taila: Shadabindu taila or anu taila can be inhaled regularly to treat the condition of continuous sneezing.
Agasta Rasayana: People, who easily contract allergies from their surroundings and end up sneezing throughout the day, are also the ones suffering from acute constipation. Two or three spoonfuls of Agasta Rasayana can improve irregular bowel syndrome. It should be mixed with hot milk or water and taken only after dinner. Even if you are sneezing problems have been tackled, you may continue with this to prevent the problem from bothering you again.
Other Ayurvedic tips to cure sneezing are:
Keep away from taking a head bath in cold water. Lukewarm water is best suited for people prone to repetitive sneezing.
Dust, smoke and a rainy, wet weather could aggravate your condition.
Avoid the intake of cold items like ice- cream, iced tea, cold water, banana and curd if you wish to remedy allergies.
Garlic, turmeric and black pepper are also known for their benefits in curing sneezing.
The absence of periods is medically termed as amenorrhoea. Normally, women do not get their periods prior to puberty, throughout pregnancy and after menopause. If you do not get your periods when you normally should, you might be suffering from amenorrhoea.
Amenorrhoea can be of two types, which include:
- Primary amenorrhoea: menstruation does not begin till age 16.
- Secondary amenorrhoea: normal menstruation is disrupted when you skip your periods for more than three months.
Amenorrhoea is usually caused by a variety of changes in the hormones, glands and organs responsible for a healthy menstrual cycle.
Primary amenorrhoea is usually caused by:
1. Deterioration in the ovaries.
2. The central nervous system (spinal cord and brain) or pituitary gland can get affected, which leads to the malfunctioning of the hormones which are concerned with menstruation.
3. Poorly developed reproductive organs.
However, in several cases, what really causes primary amenorrhoea is unknown. The causes of secondary amenorrhoea include:
2. Breast feeding
3. Discontinuation of birth control pills
5. Polycystic ovary syndrome induced hormonal imbalances
6. Removal of ovaries or uterus
Usually, underlying conditions can lead to amenorrhoea. The conditions that lead to amenorrhoea include:
1. A condition called galactorrhoea, in which the glands in the breasts produce milk, even if the woman is not breastfeeding or pregnant; can also cause absent periods.
2. Hirsutism, an overproduction of the male hormone androgen, can lead to amenorrhoea.
3. Premature failure of the ovaries can cause absence of periods.
4. Weight gain or weight loss is another cause.
5. Psychiatric anomalies, such as excessive anxiety, can cause women to develop amenorrhoea.
Amenorrhoea can either be treated with medication or surgery.
1. Dopamine agonists (dopamine activating compounds) are extremely beneficial for women with amenorrhoea.
2. Hormone replacement therapy (treatment with the use of oestrogens for reducing menopausal symptoms) is a very common treatment.
3. Sometimes, oral contraceptives may restore your normal menstrual cycle.
The surgery options for amenorrhoea include:
1. Surgery or radiation therapy may have to be performed if you have a tumour in your pituitary gland or hypothalamus (part of brain that controls the release of hormones from the pituitary gland).
2. If you have an intrauterine attachment (contraceptive attachments fitted in the uterus), you may need surgery to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.