Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajiv Nayan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv NayanYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. Having some skin infection on my private part on my balls and between my legs the skin is rough and dry when massage some whitish powdery layers drops from the skin. I would like to suggest me on how to get rid of this i'm really disturbed.
Hi, I am a working lady , my age is 25 years. I want a healthy nutritious diet which keeps me all day hydrate and energetic and also my skin hydrate and flawless skin.
I have dry face and there are sun burn on face which result a severaldark spot on faces. What should I do.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose its aesthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually, subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"
My both the leg skin between knee and foot becoming black in color, What may be the reason? What is soriosis? Please Advice me Nandagopai J.
I am a female of age about 48 years and I am having melasma all over my face since 1 year. Can you suggest me the treatment.
Prostatitis is the inflammation of prostate glands that sits at the base of bladder surrounded by urethra. This gland helps in emptying the bladder using penis that is located in front of the rectum. Individuals suffering from prostatitis may have pain while urination, frequent urination at night, pain at the reproductive organ, fever and chills that may get severe if not properly treated.
The major reasons for this infection are bacteria, stress, immune disorder, trauma and other environmental activities. This disease occurs in four types namely – acute bacterial prostratitis, chronic bacterial activities, chronic pelvic pain syndrome and asymptomatic inflammatory prostratitis. There are various natural medications available for curing the inflammation of the gland successfully.
11 Tips To Cure Prostatitis Naturally
Pumpkin seeds are the best natural cure for prostatitis that is widely used at homes. It has to be consumed along with milk or honey that works in improving the potency of men thereby overcoming inflammation
A powerful antibiotic, Goldenseal is used in treating prostatitis for providing relief effectively. It kills the bacteria responsible for the problem that results in pacifying and healing of the urinary tract. This action also shrinks a swollen prostate, which causes pain during semen ejaculation.
Tomato is a natural cure for prostatitis that helps in strengthening of prostate glands. It contains lycopene, a substance that improves the health of gland and acts against aging efficiently.
Considered as the magical herb, Palmeto provides relief from painful urination caused by the inflammation of prostate glands. On using the palmeto dosage, it clears the urinal tract, initiating the urine stream, heals pain in pelvic and testicular regions, decreases swelling and destroys the bacteria that caused the infection. Its predominant action makes it as the regularly used remedy for prostatitis.
Consuming a large quantity of water daily reduces the complications caused in prostate glands. It is advised to take 8-10 glasses of water that increases the urination process thereby clearing the inflamed prostate and improving its health
One of oldest natural cure for prostatitis is Sesame. Sesame seeds are soaked overnight in order to soften it. In the morning, people have to consume it by chewing the seeds that cures the inflammation of the gland effectively.
Vegetable juices of carrot, spinach and beetroot play an effective role in overcoming prostatitis. Consuming carrot and spinach juice mixture helps in regulating the circulation that reduces swelling in tissues.
Another mix, spinach and beetroot juice of 100 ml has to be mixed with 300 ml that helps in minimizing the effects of prostate gland inflammation
Horsetail, which is also known as bottle brush is used in treating prostatitis related urinary issues. This natural cure for prostatitis is used as short-term treatment because its continuous exposure will cause thiamine and potassium deficiency
Red Grape & Red Berry
Both the fruit contains lycopene, which is important in the proper maintenance of prostate glands. It has to be consumed at an appropriate quantity that eases the irritation on prostate instantly.
Watermelon is the natural cure for prostatitis that contains unsaturated fatty acids in it. This helps in balancing the pH level in the urinary bladder and tract that is needed for strengthening prostate.
The extract of turmeric, curcumin has a powerful anti-toxin that helps in lessening the prostate inflammation. It has to be boiled in water and the filled out decoction has to be consumed twice a day helping the prostatitis sufferer big time.