Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv NandyYour feedback matters!
I am a student. I faced entrance exam 3 months ago. For preparation I could not go out from house. Now I have to study for hours for HS course. And my body weight is increasing. Now my wheat is 87 kg. My thigh is big. So, I can't wear jeans. How can I loss my weight hurry to a smart figure?
I am suffering from Schizophrenia for the last 4-5 years. I am taking olimelt 20 mg and sizodon 2 mg for the last 2 years. I am having hallucinations. Should I continue with the same medicines. If not, what medicines should I take?
I have fever and body pain since 2 week. I tried Disprin and D cold total for 7 days but I didn't get well. Please recommend treatment for me.
Fully in tension feeling so much depressed cause of studies and financial problem in my home any cure or advice for it.
5 Reasons to Get Rid of Everyday Anxiety
Anxiety is a disorder where the body is in a state of alertness as a result of a stressful situation. It is an inbuilt mechanism, which can result from stress, threat or pressure. Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues, reason why you should try to minimize your anxiety levels.
Here are 5 reasons to get rid of anxiety:
1. High blood pressure - Spikes in blood pressure occur during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
2. Stomach problems - Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
3. Weight gain - Binge eating during periods of anxiety can cause weight gain in affected people. A study reported that stressed out women processed fat and sugar in a different manner than usual, thereby leading to an increase in weight. Weight gain can give rise to other complications like diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Disorders of the respiratory system - People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
5. Depression - Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
Related Tip: How to know if you have an anxiety disorder?
My friend . Doubted about his wife as his wife goes out of town she always removes her groin area hair. But wen she is with her even month's pass. She don't. He doubted about her extramarital sex outside. Can you advice.
For depression (diagnosed by college counsellor and behaviour problems -anger, doesn't like being checked ,lack of routine . Whom to consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist?
How shall I memorise my chapters? I am having a huge problem of memory. I hardly remember things. How shall I boost up my memory and pass in my exams?
I am depressed. I am feeling so guilty. Nothing can make me happy in this world. Please give me the poison name which is easily available in market to die.
Actually I had chicken pox 2weeks back and now its has cured. But my bro got attacked by it. And iam staying near to him from 3days. And today morning I saw some pimples like chicken pox on my face again. Now iam feared that will it attack again. So please say will attack again if so will it again lasts for 10days.
I have disturbed sleep my eyes around is blackening , I have thoughts of sex, how can I get better sleep.
I am suffering from depression as my parents have expired 1 year ago. Now I am day day by being weak. Can't remember anything properly. At this stage what I will do? Please help me.
I was just reading an article regarding symptoms of mental disorder. I know a friend who always avoids gatherings and has a continuous thinking problem. Also, during discussions in our group he either stays shut up or becomes hyper. Can you suggest me the solution or guide me further so that I can try to help him?
Too much depressed by constant failures in personal and professional life. cant sleep nor eaten anything from past one week. Not at feeling good n feel like committing suicide. What should I do.
Sir I m from Hyderabad sir give meet solution about increase memory power please help me sir plzzzz give me tips reply fast sir plz.
Hlo doctor. Am rachna of 18 yrs. I was a gud student n hrdworker of my class. But these days I am unable to concentrate and focus. And totally scattered. I feel lazy n sleepy all d time. And am sleeping more. Actually I read an article about" smart drugs" are they really work. I have my vry imp exam this week medical entrance for wich I can do anything. I dnt understand wats happening wid me. Is there any quick solution or there exits any pills so as to keep concentration and stay focused long time. And to stay awakefull. Can I use concentration capsules jusz for a week. Are thre any side effects. Am using short trm na. I willnt be addicted for sure. If there r such capsules/pills. please suggest me. And its dosage. N also its guds n bads please Thnk a ton in advance.
My grandfather (82 years) suffering from severe pain &inflammations consulted family physician he told that it is heel bursitis. Pain repeated after every month or two month remain for 2-3 day (took pain killer) and then everything is normal. My grandfather is healthy and actively involved in daily activity.
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.