Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv NandyYour feedback matters!
I am fighting depression, anxiety attacks, fear for the last 5 to 6 years. I have uncontrollable fear of enclosed spaces and also stage fear. Guess all go hand in hand. I am trying yoga, meditation etc. It does help. But I think I need professional help.
I am getting sudden shock in special body parts like pelvic cavity while playing. I think this is due to weak nervous system. Suggest me a plan to get rid of this shocks and pains.
My age is 19 years I am a male. I get. To the point. I am suffering from from a disease which all doctors call IBS (irritation bowel syndrome. I frequently experience loose motions and cramps in stomach. It has been 2 years since I am ill. No medicines seem to help me even 1 percent. They say that this disease is related to mental stress but I do not take stress that much and my condition is not improving even a single bit. Please help me. The quality od my stool is less solid than normal (semi solid. I get cramps and pain in stomach while in toilet and every now and then. Please suggest me something. All doctors say its IBS. But somehow their allopathy treatment doesn't help me.
My weight is 51 kg ,height 173 cm and age 29. Whenever I try to increase my weight , I become anxious unnecessarily whether I will get affected by cardiac arrest and depart this world. I want to gain weight to 75 kg corresponding to my height in 2 months in a healthy way and stay strong without anxiety. What shall I do ? Advise me?
Can be fully cured anybody with scihezofrenia and bipolar disorder, taking medicines (arpizol 30 and bupron xl-150) during last 3 years.
Hello Dr. My concern is that lack of Vitamin D is causes for weight gain and thyroid is it true cause I have epilepsy since two years and I continuously gaining weight.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.