Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajiv Goel
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv GoelYour feedback matters!
I want my beard to grow dense. There are many patches where beard doesn't grow. Any solution to grow dense?
Hey I'm Javed Alam. I'm 28 year old. Hair fall problem. How to solve this problem. Any hair oil. I love Lybrate. Thank you.
I am 23 years old n I have dark circles what should I do to get rid of this. N my complexion is whitish. Can I apply lemon juice directly on my face. To brighten my skin tone?
Hi I am using Mederma for my pox affected scar from few months. There occurred whitish marks around the scar. Is this normal? Or should I stop using this?
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
1. Bald patches on the head.
2. loss of hair from the entire body
3. Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
4. Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
1. Alopecia areata.- This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
2. Tinea capitis- Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
4. Trichotillomania- Stress and anxiety can cause your child to pullout his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
5. Lack of nutrients- Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss, if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.